The Anchor - Unique 3133 Formation (works with low, mid & high table teams)

I'd be interested in seeing more people giving this a go, c'mon now. The few people that actually tried my tactic are reporting VERY good results with mediocore teams. I got promoted with several low league teams (some predicted to degradate too) letting my assistant do everything + insta result. If I can archieve amazing results without even playing the game properly..

This is a powerful tool imo, just not getting the attention it deserves o.o
Not meant to be cocky, but possibly better tacticians can figure out why The Anchor works well and create even better tactics. I believe it works well, because I used Bielsa's ideology and tried to work my tactic towards that.
I wanted to start tonight a new save using another tactic but I'll start using yours.
Don't worry about your selling skills because personally, I prefer this type of advertising.
I've tried ALL the tactics from this forum in my Barca save and none of them worked as I was espected maybe because of my awful managerial skills...
I'm looking forward to give it a try.
Any recommandations, except those în te OP? For Barca of course.
Thanks

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Good luck with the tactic, hope it works out for you. I have no idea how it'll perform with Barca, I've constructed it using low league teams, it's an awesome tool for those teams and should be able to get you promoted if played right.

I only used it with Manchester United, got me premier league very easily. It -should- work with Barca too, but I honestly can't tell with certainty.

Just stick to OI's, players with high work rate etc.

i can confirm, it works very well for Barca, this tactic save my season, i won all trophy. And now i m using it with Man utd, i'm firt and it continue working very well

I just got one problem, many red cards for wing back so now i tell them to be soft with tackle and removed tackle opposition instruction. It continue working well.

Thanks for this tactic, i tried many tactics on this forum and it is the most stable tactic i'v used

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. :)

I haven't had problems conceeding goals from crosses that much with Anchor, the red cards however are a real pain in the *** and removing the instruction may result in conceeding from crosses, that's the sole purprose I'm using such hard tackling. Maybe defenders with better decision making will result in less red cards OR you could disable tight marking on them, they won't be dribbled past as fast (and rush after their passed opponent & tackle).. perhaps it could work out.

I can't test more Anchor stuff right now tho as I'm working on another project, tweak as you like and keep reporting findings. :)

If you lose a wingback due to red card, take out one of the strikers, it won't affect the game that much.

Last edited:
did you see my post on the last page?

"is there any reason the left striker is a DF?

i find that he performs worse than the right striker, even with a better player there

this has been one of the most consistent tactics for me, you should try tweak the DF to be like the right striker and see if you notice a better performance"

i think if you could improve the left strikers involvement then it could be a very good tactic, could just be unlucky with the players i used there but left side always underperformed

the tactic is symmetrical too, so not sure why you've opted for a different setting for the left striker?

did you see my post on the last page?

"is there any reason the left striker is a DF?

i find that he performs worse than the right striker, even with a better player there

this has been one of the most consistent tactics for me, you should try tweak the DF to be like the right striker and see if you notice a better performance"

i think if you could improve the left strikers involvement then it could be a very good tactic, could just be unlucky with the players i used there but left side always underperformed

the tactic is symmetrical too, so not sure why you've opted for a different setting for the left striker?

DF works very well for me. I rotate Kalinic and 38 year old Luca Toni in my Fiorentina save, they both score a lot mostly from crosses or after a mistake of defenders. In my experience a big, strong striker might work better as DF, who are you using for this role?

still one of my favorite tactics around here :)

DF puts pressure on the defensive line, the whole point of my tactic is pressure high up the pitch, like Kandersson mentioned, DF often scores from defender mistakes, that's his purpose. :p

I couldn't answer some posts because I was using "forbidden symbols" in them, such as "at", and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post. ;p It's kinda annoying because the error message is misleading.

So..... any new tweaks?

Been taking some time off the game recently