The Best Manager in the premierleague?

We've spent little over the last 5/6 seasons. oO)

More than Arsenal though, I've seen the numbers, especially if you take into consideration how much Arsenal made off of transfer sales. Rafa overpaid for some mediocre players. That's why the squad needs an overhaul, while Arsenal's will only get better over the next few years since they're so young. The only player they'll have to replace in the next couple of years is Arshavin, since he's like 28, and perhaps Van Persie. But of course by that time Nasri, Walcott, Vela, Bendtner, etc. as well as some of his next purchases will fill their shoes. Wenger is as good at spotting talent as anyone. And of course Fabregas will probably leave after next season or two seasons from now to replace Xavi (if Barca save their money for a little while), but by then Wilshere will take his place.

In terms of money though I remember Villa being really inefficient...they spent almost as much as Liverpool over the past 5-6 seasons but never broke the top 4 and look at where they are now. Not to take a shot at them though.

Pains me to say it but for record its got be sir alex even tho i hate the fella..

dalglish would be close with his record

but for pure jokes and entertainment ian holloway is a country mile ahead

Obviously Fergie at the minute but in the future Owen Coyle maybe

God i'd love to play for Blackpool.. imagine the team talks he would come out with!!

the team talks would probebly have abosuallootly nothing to do with football

In terms of money though I remember Villa being really inefficient...they spent almost as much as Liverpool over the past 5-6 seasons but never broke the top 4 and look at where they are now. Not to take a shot at them though.

To be fair to us, we were a team about the level that Wigan are at now, a pretty dire relegation-battling team. But yeah, we spent a lot. Mostly due to MON overpaying for mediocre English players (8.5 mil for NRC, 6 mil for Sidwell, and huge wages for all of them). Thank the lord Houllier's got some sense...

Nobody's mentioned Moyes yet? Superb manager, truly superb.

i wouldl like villa to finish, in the top 40 as i live near there :)

Moyles good manager,

What about STEVE Mclaren ;) shame he dont manager a english side

Guys, this is about his comic value, not tactical nous. Holloway's a quality manager (grew up just a few minutes from my house in Bristol, my claim to fame!) no doubt, what he's done with blackpool is amazing. But there is a reason this is his first season in PL management.

Nobody is trying to claim he's a better manager than SAF or anyone else.

Mick McCarthy also makes a good claim for Holloway's throne as funniest manager.

My top 5

1. Fergie
2. Wenger
3. Ancelloti
4. Dalglish
5. Redknapp

ManU? They're the biggest club in England with a great manager, and they had unlimited funds for many years as well as a great youth academy that churned out some great players. But look at them, they may not be sustainable, either. They have tons of big shoes to fill: SAF, VDS, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, etc. I don't think their current crop of players, Carrick, Park, Valencia, Berba, O'Shea, the twins, etc. are in the same class. They will have to spend a lot rebuilding the squad, and Ferguson will probably leave right very soon, right when this happens. The next manager will have a hard time I think, and it'll be awhile before they have the success of the previous era.

We are not sustainable? We are. We are even feeding leeches. We are the biggest club when it comes to revenue. Sad that owners are trying to suck life out of the club. Had any club was in our position, they would have folded by this time. Still we are making profits.

Valencia, Berba, Twins are not great?
Valencia was leading in assist chart last season and was our key player
Berbatov: Leading goal score. Nuff said
Twins: You go on and on about how young Arsenal team is, but when it comes to ManUtd you just write them off. Hypocrite.
Park, O'shea contribution is invaluable. They wont ***** about first team football but when slotted in they do their job. They are part of squad not the first team players.

Same thing has been said for years, decades that ManUtd are on decline, well I'm still waiting to see one.

This squad got them all except for a creative mid fielder. When we sign one, we will be flying high again.

SAF is obviously also great but I think Wenger is just as good. I don't think anyone could have done what he's done with Arsenal on that budget, and the future is very, very bright for that team. I think they'll be the dominant team in the Prem for the next 5 years, and had they avoided some terrible results (Newcastle, that 0-0 draw with ManCity, the draw with Sunderland, the last minute goals, the CC final loss, etc.) they could have won some trophies this season.

Had we not dropped points against Everton, Fulham, WBA, Birmingham we would have wrapped up league by now. And Sunderland game Arsenal scored lucky goal and Sunderland had better chances. Shame you didn't choose to mention that..

On topic though,
SAF is the best,
Followed by Ancelotti, Wenger.