kelloggs

Reaction score
Hristo Stoichkov. A Brief History

Goldenboot.png

A successful player for Barcelona, listed as one of Pele‘s 150 greats - Stoichkov didn‘t quite develop into same calibre manager. “I don't believe in tactics.” Stoichkov announced on taking over at Celta Vigo. He wasn't lying, having started one World Cup qualifier with a 2-4-4 formation that left Bulgaria trailing Malta for half an hour. But it was in man-management that the hot-headed Stoichkov's deficiencies were most apparent. He forced three players (two of them captains) into premature retirement. Running out of people to argue with, he then went for an entire country - accusing Romania of fixing a qualifier. Hugely unpopular at Celta, he was sacked six weeks into this season. Stoichkov had a brief run in managing South African football before returning to his home country of Bulgaria to live out the rest of his life in solitude.

OR SO IT WAS THOUGHT...

The Bulgarian Mafia.
Hristo.png

The Legend of Hristo Stoichkov.

Prologue.

“ No, don’t do it! ” His pathetic pleads were not going to unseal his inevitable fate.

“ Ebi se v guza! ” I soundly maintained as I unflinchingly caressed my gold plated revolver’s trigger and launched David Newton, Boston United’s chairman, off the pier; releasing him to the deep depths of the small port town’s unforgiving waters. Boston United is the Bulgarian Mafia’s now.

Aptly nicknamed The Pilgrims which describes fully and consolidates exactly to my… premier… plans. A small port town perfect for narcotics dealing within the UK, a perfect guise for my plans and a chance to re-unleash my adroitness as a football manager.

BostonUnited.png

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:23 PM ----------
July 2010. Part един.

As I burst into the dressing room for the first time the stench of poor people became apparent. I knew my demanding presence was felt by the pitiful scum which surrounded me. All of them envied me in some way. Perhaps it was my success as a manager? My prestigious Armani suit? My full head of hair? Or perhaps the vast quantities of Spanish cha cha of whom I have had my merry way with over the years.

One thing was for sure it would be a hard task inspiring these worthless peasants.

BostonStadium.png

I have three main rules of which I stick to within my managerial exploits.

“ You and all of your families are filth, mere pieces of dirt on my Bulgarian shoe. Your lives mean about as much to me as the handful of young third world children which crafted my heels. ”

Rule 1. You must maintain dominance over your players or they will defy you.

“ You are all a pittance. I earn what this dressing room does in mere minutes. Your wives are also filth. You will never be more successful than me as a footballer. ”

Rule 2. Demoralizing your players is the best way to raise morale.

“ Finally my aspirations are leading this club to glory. Those of you who cannot assist me in this task are dead wood and will be sold off. Those of you who defy me will be grinded up, repackaged and marketed as Bulgarian Mafia turtle food.”

Rule 3. Death threats equals performance on the pitch.

Turtlefood.png

I assume my speech had already taken an effect. The lack of cheers were clearly due to the deep thoughts of contemplation and realisation by my dressing room. My face wore a smirk as I turned, lit a cigar and stiffly walked towards my office puffing fine, thick, cuban tobacco smog behind me. A well earned ensconce beckoned me as I proceeded to piece together a financially benefiting pre-season.

HristoReady.png

Last edited:
I live near Boston, and have to say that Hristo is spot on with his analysis. What happened to your other story?

I live near Boston, and have to say that Hristo is spot on with his analysis. What happened to your other story?

I've done the first season but I realised I enjoyed lower league managing quite alot so wanted to stick with it for the time being and this gives me a way of humoring myself (and maybe others) while I do that. I'll keep the save and revive it one day but I'm sticking with this one firstly |)

July 2010. Part два.

Boston United (1 - 2)Fulham
Marc Newsham (2)
Alexander Kacanikic (80, 89)
A second minute goal filled me with positivity as my men managed to maintain equal posession with clear favorites Fulham (well, must've been atleast their D team). The players know what it is now like to have their shreddies graciously shat on however as an 80th equaliser and an 89th minute wonder goal left them all grieving, grudgingly embarassed by a team who managed to miss three penalties. The result wasn't really important though as the attendance for this game netted the club some cash... But they'll all be recieving justifed lashings despite.

Boston United (1 - 1)Birmingham City
Mikel Suarez (90 +3)
Cameron Jerome (31)
Flattering doesn't even begin to describe this scoreline as Birmingham pounced all over us. Cameron Jerome looked like he was going to score every other minute and they had thirty five shots by the end when we hit them with the Bulgarian sucker punch. Suarez (who doesn't even deserve a South American name) provided us with our first shot of the game which feebly crawled into the back of the net before the whistle blew leaving Birmingham City feeling, I assume, suicidal. We also managed to injure three players and force their key striker, Jerome, off the pitch for treatment which is always good news.

Harlow (1 - 9) Boston United
Spencer Weir-Daley (12, 16, pen 45+1)
Mark Okoko (16, 66, 78)
Shaun Pearson (36)
Danny Sleath (71)
Jordan Green (46)
If we didn't leave Birmingham City feeling suicidal we certainly left Harlow widowing, pretty sure they folded after this game of epic proportions. This could be a result of the experimental super steroids I have forced my team to start injecting. Marked the start of Nigerian new signing Mark Okoko (nicknamed Coco by his peers), impressive performance from him considering I found him in a glass recycling bin.

Harlow.png

July 2010. Part три.

Margate (1-5) Boston United
Boston United (1-2) Hartlepool
Boston United (3-1) Ayr
Boston United (3-1) Rotherham
Boston United (3-0) Hampton & Richmond
Boston United (0-0) Histon
The pre-season expired swiftly but a glance at the fixtures indicated a confidence in the team, perhaps due to the fear of what would happen to them if they did not perform to my impressive standards. Four performing key individuals caught my attention as players which would be crucial in our season also were in a fight to secure captaincy.

Mark "Coco" Okoko. Nigerian born striker I found drugged up in a glass recycling bin while on my way to the office. He pledged his allegience to the club so long as I payed for the surgery to have the shattered bottle of vodka removed from his *******.

Francis Zenaba. Deep from the Congo, Francis was actually our janitor before stepping in to play midfield following an injury crisis. He proved to be a valuable asset and the former midfielder succumbed to an unfortunate fairground "accident" during the victory rewards trip against Rotherham.

Francis (left) and Coco (right) our new signings.
CocoFrancis.png

Gareth "The Jellybean" Jelleyman. Left back, only defender who listened to my advice of going in hard "they're the opponent's legs not yours". Solid, experienced and sometimes I giggle to myself when I am toasty in my bed and think of his name.

James Mckeown. On loan goalkeeper, impressive performances thus far making up for a total lack of defensive effort on behalf of everybody except Jellybean. My in depth calculations suggest that without a goalkeeper we would've conceded quite a few more goals.

After careful contemplation I settled on Gareth Jelleyman, the prospect of "Captain Jellybean" being the deciding factor in my decision. Jellybean would require an iron will, fortitude and a distinct command over his peers to lead this club to glory or I would see to it that his fate is not a nice one and he will not be a happy jellybean.

Jellybean.png

We now move into August and the beginning of the league to secure the first vital wins in our campaign to be Blue Square champions. It's a daunting task, but we will be successful. And if we are not then I can still process my assets and create bulk stock of Bulgarian Turtle Food.

Short Disclaimer : Yes there is a player called Jelleyman.

Last edited:
I lol'd at "they're the opponent's legs not yours" an "Captain Jellybean". KIU, I'm following.

Lol - this is probably the funniest story on here - you haven't sacrificed quality for humour. The stroy is written fantastically and I think this should be one that you stick with!!

Love it XD