mcconnor8

Reaction score
The Diamond to solve all of your problems.

This is how I am doing recently with Chelsea in the year 2026, the team is pretty good but it shows how dominant the tactic can be.

View attachment 190910View attachment 190909

I have attached the tactic as well as screenshots of the instructions and team layout below.

Tactical Explanation: This tactic is based on having a front 3 that will cause your opponents to have nightmares, while also maintaining a solid defense utilizing an anchor man in front as well as a deep lying play maker to help keep the team solid. I have used this tactic for most of FM16 and been very successful with it so far in both lower leagues as well as higher league teams. I have opted for a high pressing possession based system for this tactic, with instructions such as close down much more and retaining possession emphasizing this. Also the team is set to be more disciplined and stick to possession as well as the mentality set to standard so that they don't over commit men forward and concede silly goals. Another aspect is that it isn't set to work ball into box, this is a popular instruction but with my system I want the players to be constantly pressuring the other team and while not taking pot shots from long range, testing the keeper regularly and with early crosses the wing backs who are set to attack will be putting the ball in early to the 2 strikers to try to catch the defense unaware. The team is set to play narrow to utilize the false 9s and dominance in the middle of the pitch created by the diamond formation.

Training, Opposition Instructions and player instructions: When you implement the tactic set the match training to full so that the team learns the tactic quickly then when it is fluid set it to less match training,I set the type of training to balanced and intensity to low so that the team trains everything but also reduces the amount of injuries it receives and allows it to rest for matches. I set my assistant to do the opposition instructions so I would recommend that you hire an assistant with at least 15 in judging player current ability as well as tactical knowledge so that they can effectively choose which players to take action on. I have lots of player instructions set up to help the tactic operate as planned.

This tactic has been great for me and post below how it works for you too :)

Last edited:

I don't really see a point in posting results as everybody uses different teams and people just question whether they are legitimate etc so I just let people try it themselves and post their results for other people to see

I don't really see a point in posting results as everybody uses different teams and people just question whether they are legitimate etc so I just let people try it themselves and post their results for other people to see

It's not about being legitimate or not, it's about seing before starting a new save, for example, what can you achieve.
For example, one person will think that finishing 6th with Leicester is an amazing result meanwhile another person will not... so this is an argument for you to post some results

Still need to post your own results, so people have some idea of how the tactic worked for you at least....

Still need to post your own results, so people have some idea of how the tactic worked for you at least....

Put in pics of me in the latest season I am in, but it is 2026 so far so not really sure how representative it is to people starting a new save but shows how dominant it can be

Posting your league table and player stats is very helpful for people to determine things like: if it's a high scoring tactic, a solid defensive tactic, or a balanced one; how the goals and assists are spread between the players, etc...

Posting your league table and player stats is very helpful for people to determine things like: if it's a high scoring tactic, a solid defensive tactic, or a balanced one; how the goals and assists are spread between the players, etc...

Posted the league table so far for my Chelsea side in 2026, have 94 goals and only conceded 15 goals in 28 games so you could say it is quite good :)

I will try this tactic but to be totally honest in 2026, with a squad that won you the league in the last 5 years, every tactic should "solve your problem". That is why often people test it in the 15/16 season to know if it actually is a good tactic or just an OP squad before they post it here.

I will try this tactic but to be totally honest in 2026, with a squad that won you the league in the last 5 years, every tactic should "solve your problem". That is why often people test it in the 15/16 season to know if it actually is a good tactic or just an OP squad before they post it here.

Yeah probably should have done but didn't really think of it before posting this, hope you find the tactic good though :)