The Everton Thread

Would appear we're being very strongly linked with another keeper :S

Everton enter Lonergan chase | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

I'm getting a bit narked now frankly. We don't need a keeper. Howard has shown he is very consistent, so....why not concentrate on other pressing areas? Like a ****** striker? Gordon bennet!

Seen that in todays papers. According to one of them Lonnergan is rejecting Leeds for us. If this happens then i can see us selling Mucha who already said he wants to play first team football.

Apparently we're linked with Ante Vukusic who banged 20 14 goals last season at just 20. Would be a good signing but we dont have the money! Also would love Kranjcar at the club, think he would replace Pienaar.

Seen that in todays papers. According to one of them Lonnergan is rejecting Leeds for us. If this happens then i can see us selling Mucha who already said he wants to play first team football.

Apparently we're linked with Ante Vukusic who banged 20 14 goals last season at just 20. Would be a good signing but we dont have the money! Also would love Kranjcar at the club, think he would replace Pienaar.

Would love to win the Euro Lottery jackpot. Rest assured there would be a nice cheque winging its way to Goodison. We're simply not going to attract quality players, because we simply cannot afford to build on what we have. Even if Yobo was sold, that would only be about £3 million (I think). Think it may be time to let Arteta go (as much as it pains to me to say) He said he wants to return to Spain, and now Villareal are sniffing. We'd probably get a good price for him aswell.

Wayne Rooney's son Kai in Everton shirt.

scaled.php

Would love to win the Euro Lottery jackpot. Rest assured there would be a nice cheque winging its way to Goodison. We're simply not going to attract quality players, because we simply cannot afford to build on what we have. Even if Yobo was sold, that would only be about £3 million (I think). Think it may be time to let Arteta go (as much as it pains to me to say) He said he wants to return to Spain, and now Villareal are sniffing. We'd probably get a good price for him aswell.

I dont think we could let Arteta go, it would be the loss of a character in the dressing room as well as a player on the field. He's a fan favorite and i think selling him will do no good. He's our vice-captain and a wizard when he's on form still wondering how he was neer capped! Id only let him go for big bucks. I would be prepared to let Rodwell go though for 20m+. He was poor last season i know that was down to injuries but i hope they aren't going to affect the rest of his development which has halted over the past 2 years. Selling Yobo, Yakubu (which im against) and Mucha will give us still the smallest transfer kitty. What happened to the 3million we got for Pienaar? Did our CEO not say it will be used toward transfers?

Really dissapointed, Everton not really linked with anyone yet again this summer - We cant carry on year after year not bringing any players in, if we do the results will only get worse. The bottom line is we need investment or to sell one of our big players (Arteta, Fellaini, Baines or Rodwell).

Moyes looking for a replacement for Phil Jagielka if he leaves Everton-Scott Dann

Scott Dann is the man for Everton as David Moyes looks for Phil Jagielka's replacement | Mail Online

Jags is now being heavily linked with Arsenal. Not at all happy about this. Looks like we're losing the neucleus of the back four. He has said he is happy to stay at the club, but I can't see it. We need the money. At least he'll be getting European experience if he goes there, and Wenger will get the best out of him. And news is rife that Fellaini will be leaving-where to remains to be seen. These are now very worrying times. Especially considering the fact, way not get the full value for the players due to the fact we need money that badly.

I heard Everton are after N'Zogbia D=

Waste of time-can't afford anybody at the moment. Showed his quality, be great to have him, but can't see it. By looks of it it's going to be free transfers until we sell players

Waste of time-can't afford anybody at the moment. Showed his quality, be great to have him, but can't see it. By looks of it it's going to be free transfers until we sell players

Read in twitter that last first team player Everton bought was Heitinga 2 years back.. Shame really. Felt bad for Moyes..

He's done excellently though, second best manager in the premiership for me and has a bright future ahead of him.

Read in twitter that last first team player Everton bought was Heitinga 2 years back.. Shame really. Felt bad for Moyes..

Yeah I know. Pretty dam bleak if you ask me. On the plus side, really looking forward to seeing Seamus Coleman in action. Had a blinder when he appeared on the scene.

IF, as reported, we do lose Artea, Jagielka, Fellaini, and maybe Baines, it's going to be a very nasty season. You know it's bad when West Brom have been able to spend more money than Everton. Yeah we'll get money, but to be honest, the chances of attracting quality players to break into the top 7 are pretty slim. I have a feeling that this season, that unless we're able to afford to buy players that help the club progress, something will give. And that will be Davie Moyes.

Yeah I know. Pretty dam bleak if you ask me. On the plus side, really looking forward to seeing Seamus Coleman in action. Had a blinder when he appeared on the scene.

IF, as reported, we do lose Artea, Jagielka, Fellaini, and maybe Baines, it's going to be a very nasty season. You know it's bad when West Brom have been able to spend more money than Everton. Yeah we'll get money, but to be honest, the chances of attracting quality players to break into the top 7 are pretty slim. I have a feeling that this season, that unless we're able to afford to buy players that help the club progress, something will give. And that will be Davie Moyes.

If you lose all the mentioned player I can't see Everton progressing anymore. Thats like slipping few years back in progress. Hopefully you will be able to keep hold of these players..

And, from what I'm able to gauge, the Yobo transfer may have fallen through. He's reported back for training. That's a blow. He's a good player, but can't afford him.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

If you lose all the mentioned player I can't see Everton progressing anymore. Thats like slipping few years back in progress. Hopefully you will be able to keep hold of these players..

Pretty much. Can't blame them though. We may have a great manager, but if even Moyes can't get the quality players, and if the board can't provide the cash to buy the players, well, don't blame them for leaving. Won't begrudge them a move anyway. Especially Arteta. Played his heart out for the club, but he wants back to spain, and a move to Bilboa/Villareal is a possibility. The only saving grace is some very good players coming through the youth ranks and reserves.

And, from what I'm able to gauge, the Yobo transfer may have fallen through. He's reported back for training. That's a blow. He's a good player, but can't afford him.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Pretty much. Can't blame them though. We may have a great manager, but if even Moyes can't get the quality players, and if the board can't provide the cash to buy the players, well, don't blame them for leaving. Won't begrudge them a move anyway. Especially Arteta. Played his heart out for the club, but he wants back to spain, and a move to Bilboa/Villareal is a possibility. The only saving grace is some very good players coming through the youth ranks and reserves.

Yeah, can't blame them. Wont be surprised if he signs few hidden gems from lower leagues or lesser known players and turn them into Cahills, Jagielkas.. Seriously only thing that is saving Everton is Moyes eye for talent.