The F.A Cup Thread

Going 2-1 Man Utd BUT aet. Man City will probably be difficult to break down without Tevez-park the Shuttle never mind the bus. Suspect going to be a slow burner until the first goal goes in. And Hernandez has been a **** of a revelation so expect him to get one (if he plays)

Going 2-1 Man Utd BUT aet. Man City will probably be difficult to break down without Tevez-park the Shuttle never mind the bus. Suspect going to be a slow burner until the first goal goes in. And Hernandez has been a **** of a revelation so expect him to get one (if he plays)

they will play an ultra deep line, so scholes should play because he will be afforded so much space to ping passes around, goals likely to come from hernandez header, or a nani long shot imo

they will play an ultra deep line, so scholes should play because he will be afforded so much space to ping passes around, goals likely to come from hernandez header, or a nani long shot imo

Yeah money def on Hernandez to get at least one. Wouldn't mind seeing another Rooney special mind. Either free-kick or another of those classy scissors. But I'm going on Hernandez to definately score, and Rooney to get the other. If Utd score 3, yeah a Nani rocket. And Scholesy to do his usual passing on top of a 50p peice quality lol

Yeah money def on Hernandez to get at least one. Wouldn't mind seeing another Rooney special mind. Either free-kick or another of those classy scissors. But I'm going on Hernandez to definately score, and Rooney to get the other. If Utd score 3, yeah a Nani rocket. And Scholesy to do his usual passing on top of a 50p peice quality lol

Rooney can't play hes on his ban

No Rooney, serving the 2nd of a 2 match ban, otherwise i'd have fancied a brace from him

Oh my god...

It's good to have someone who knows everything on the forum and has access to Roberto Mancinis brain..(no offence, but you really shouldn't say "they will")

Personally..i think the game will be pretty much the same kind of game we saw at OT.

There is no way i can see Mancini parking the bus at Wembley. That would guarantee him the sack and it would be unacceptable.

Last edited:
Oh my god...

It's good to have someone who knows everything on the forum and has access to Roberto Mancinis brain..(no offence, but you really shouldn't say "they will")

Personally..i think the game will be pretty much the same kind of game we saw at OT.

There is no way i can see Mancini parking the bus at Wembley. That would guarantee him the sack and it would be unacceptable.

sigh instead of being pedantic, and somewhat pointless with the first sentence, why dont you realise it for what it is. they will very likely play a very deep line (as is mancini's usual approach to the big games, without tevez to link the front, and given the hammering they just had, its even more unlikely to be an open game from them, especially as he is known for going defensive in these games, the last match was the exception to the rule

There is no way i can see Mancini parking the bus at Wembley. That would guarantee him the sack and it would be unacceptable

funny you pick me up for that, then say there is no way you can see mancini park the bus. double standard much?

Besides parking the bus wont get him the sack, but losing the match and getting knocked out mostly likely will, so he will try and do whatever it takes to win, even if its parking the bus

Last edited:
Well i dont think that the hammering against Liverpool is going to affect their confidence.

The team arrived to the stadium late..dont know why. But that was already a bad sign.

I think they have moved on from it. I hope for positive response. Idk if it is enough to beat Uniteds momentum. Hope so.

Well..if we get knocked out there is the El Clasico that could save the day if Real Madrid won :D

Well i dont think that the hammering against Liverpool is going to affect their confidence.

The team arrived to the stadium late..dont know why. But that was already a bad sign.

I think they have moved on from it. I hope for positive response. Idk if it is enough to beat Uniteds momentum. Hope so.

if will affect their confidence for sure, whether its positively or negatively depends on the manager and the players themselves on whether they fire themselves up or mope on it. I'm nt sure city have too many players who will be fired up by it; Milner, De Jong, Silva, Toure maybe. But we will see.