THE FEARSOME FRONT 4 --- SOUTHAMPTON EUROPA LEAGUE WIN & 3RD PLACE BPL

mcconnor8

Reaction score

THE FEARSOME FRONT 4

View attachment 172930View attachment 172924
View attachment 172927View attachment 172926View attachment 172925

In this save with Southampton in the first season I achieved winning the Europa league and coming 3rd in the premier league. This is very good given that my aim was the group stage of Europa league and top half in the premier league.

TACTIC

View attachment 172929View attachment 172928View attachment 172905

This tactic involves a very attacking formation almost with a front 4 of the 2 strikers and the 2 wingers. However this isn't how the formation plays out on the pitch, as the 2 wingers are set to advanced play makers, so they drift inside and the 2 wing backs push on and provide the width for the team. This means that we aren't dominated int he midfield due to only having one central midfielder and defensive midfielder.

SET PIECES

View attachment 172610View attachment 172608View attachment 172909

This tactic relies quite heavily on the very effective set pieces it uses. The attacking corners that I have developed are very good and I score a lot of goals from corners. The set piece tactics are built in to the download link of the tactic so if you want to use them with another tactic then you can take them from the download link.

TACTIC DOWNLOAD LINK

View attachment 172914

Last edited:
Do you have the goals for and against area info? as well as the goals from corners number? looks good

I added in the screenshot of my corner goals, I have the most in the league with 10 goals from corners, as well as the screenshot of where goals are from and how many I scored and conceded.

I added in the screenshot of my corner goals, I have the most in the league with 10 goals from corners, as well as the screenshot of where goals are from and how many I scored and conceded.

Cheers, might give this a go with my NYCFC team, sit Pirlo in the hole..

which tactic use in away games?or vs strongest team?

In away games this tactic is fine but if you are away against a much stronger team you can switch the mentality to counter

You said attacking corners? I call them the destroying corners! Huge!

Hi,do you use OI and training preparations?

I set my assistant to do the opposition instructions, for training once the tactic is fluid I set it to only do half a day of match preparation before each match and a rest before and after so the players keep fit.

who takes the corners?

I usually set one of the wing backs to take them so tat it doesn't move any of the players out of the box, so I would recommend that as long as one of them has a decent corner stat.

The screenshot of the corners is diffrent from the ones in the actual tactic, is which one is it?

One in the tactic is right, I accidentally uploaded the wrong screenshot by accident, fixed it now

Hey, like the look of this tactic, how does the high tempo work with the retain possession?

Also do you have an average positions screenshot?

View attachment 172591

Here is the average positions in a 4-0 home win over Man United, the high tempo means that although we are retaining possession we move the ball very quickly to try to make the other team lose their shape and break them down rathee than slow passing which allows them to sit deep and defend.

loving this tactic, one of the best i have used. not sure how you have managed to play high intensity, pressing and control possession based game but it works. i create so many chances and not just from the excellent set-pieces.

i think you mentioned this but the key to this is the wide playmakers. you really need good players there to make this succeed.

loving this tactic, one of the best i have used. not sure how you have managed to play high intensity, pressing and control possession based game but it works. i create so many chances and not just from the excellent set-pieces.

i think you mentioned this but the key to this is the wide playmakers. you really need good players there to make this succeed.

Yeah they are vital, they don't score many goals I find but are the main creative force in the team and set up most of the goals.