SirSmithy3

Reaction score
I did this last year, and never really completed it, as I started late. Currently pretty bored on FM, so gunna strike this back up, and try and complete it this time!

Here is the link to the last years thread: League of Leagues

It would be so helpful, like last time, if people could help with squads again, that saves me so much time!

Teams done:

BPL
BBVA

So yeah, I had lots of helpful guys last year helping me with squads, I hope FM12 is the same ;)

Last edited:
personally i'd like to see yaya toure and joe hart in the premier league squad.

also you might want to think about a PL-2 squad which incorporates players that are the best of the rest and not at top clubs as you could easily make a top squad out of players from mid table prem squads.

GK's
Michel Vorm
Tim Krul
David Stockdale

RB's
Alan Hutton
Kyle Walker

LB's
Leighton Baines
John Arne Riise

CB's
Phil Jagielka
Brede Hangeland
Cristopher Samba
Ryan Shawcross
Richard Dunne

DM's
Marouane Fellaini
Scott Parker

LM's
Matt Jarvis
Jonas Gutierrez

RM's
Seb Larsson
Zoltan Gera

CM's
Jack Rodwell
Ross Barkley
Cheik Tiote
Nenad Milijas
Joey Barton

LAM's
Scott Sinclair

RAM's
Charles N'Zogbia
Jermaine Pennant

CAM's
Moussa Dembele
Hatem Ben Arfa
Stephen Ireland

ST's
Demba Ba
Hugo Rodellega
Junior Hoilett
Connor Wickham

i realise i've included a couple of spurs players despite them being one of the top clubs but i couldn't think of anyone else. feel free to chop and change this list as i'm sure i've missed some obvious players or included some that shouldn't be there.

also maybe it could include talented players from the edge of the big clubs squads like krancjar and cleverley.

personally i'd like to see yaya toure and joe hart in the premier league squad.

also you might want to think about a PL-2 squad which incorporates players that are the best of the rest and not at top clubs as you could easily make a top squad out of players from mid table prem squads.

GK's
Michel Vorm
Tim Krul
David Stockdale

RB's
Alan Hutton
Kyle Walker

LB's
Leighton Baines
John Arne Riise

CB's
Phil Jagielka
Brede Hangeland
Cristopher Samba
Ryan Shawcross
Richard Dunne

DM's
Marouane Fellaini
Scott Parker

LM's
Matt Jarvis
Jonas Gutierrez

RM's
Seb Larsson
Zoltan Gera

CM's
Jack Rodwell
Ross Barkley
Cheik Tiote
Nenad Milijas
Joey Barton

LAM's
Scott Sinclair

RAM's
Charles N'Zogbia
Jermaine Pennant

CAM's
Moussa Dembele
Hatem Ben Arfa
Stephen Ireland

ST's
Demba Ba
Hugo Rodellega
Junior Hoilett
Connor Wickham

i realise i've included a couple of spurs players despite them being one of the top clubs but i couldn't think of anyone else. feel free to chop and change this list as i'm sure i've missed some obvious players or included some that shouldn't be there.

also maybe it could include talented players from the edge of the big clubs squads like krancjar and cleverley.

Yaya is a great shout, but with Joe Hart, his current and potential are worse on the game than the 3 selected so... :/

the extra team is a good idea too, I'll see how the league structures and stuff goes, to see if I can fit in an extra team!

Yaya is a great shout, but with Joe Hart, his current and potential are worse on the game than the 3 selected so... :/

the extra team is a good idea too, I'll see how the league structures and stuff goes, to see if I can fit in an extra team!

imo yaya is better then essien as he played teh same role at barca and was teh ebst in teh world at it and since moving to city he's become more rounded as a player and is probably one fo the best all around midfielders in the world.

also in addition to the team i posted that could be a pl-2 squad you could also include players like Adam Johnson who clearly have the talent but don't necessarily get the opportunities.

i'll put him in, but keep Essien, as Essien is better on the game!

Maybe put some other in the La Liga squad. I mean.. Arbeloa? Only Diego Alves is not in Barca/Real Madrid. Where's Álvaro Domínguez, Diego, Falcao, Arda Turan, Javi Varas, Jesus Navas etc. etc?

Maybe put some other in the La Liga squad. I mean.. Arbeloa? Only Diego Alves is not in Barca/Real Madrid. Where's Álvaro Domínguez, Diego, Falcao, Arda Turan, Javi Varas, Jesus Navas etc. etc?

and Santi Cazorla ;) but yeah I see, I put Arbeloa in as I personal rate him and he is a useful back up player as both sides. These are all in as these have the best current/potential ratings, but i think Dominguez and Navas are quality, so will put them in too! :)

and Santi Cazorla ;) but yeah I see, I put Arbeloa in as I personal rate him and he is a useful back up player as both sides. These are all in as these have the best current/potential ratings, but i think Dominguez and Navas are quality, so will put them in too! :)

Yeah, making a La Liga all star team is really hard if you're going for balance. :p

If you're gonna do this, shouldn't you pick the best players from PL, not the players the game rates the highest? If Hart has lower CA and PA than the three you've chosen that should definately be changed, cause anyone who have seen Premier League football this season would rate him far above all the others, and I doubt anyone would seriously rate de Gea as one of the top 10 keepers in PL.

It seems quite obvious that you've chosen a lot of the players from their CA or PA, definately not from their contribution this season, as some of them have spent the majority of the season injured (Gerrard, Wilshere and Essien and to a lesser extent Vidic, Ferdinand and Sagna) or sucking, aka not living up to their potential (Torres and to a lesser extent Nasri and Cech).

Spurs and City should have more players in the team. Players like Walker, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, King and Parker have been great for Spurs this season, and Yaya Toure and Hart have been fantastic for City. If you rate players yourself you can also add some more "flair" to the squads by including in form players from smaller teams. Last season you'd wanna add Charlie Adam, this season Demba Ba is the obvious choice. Tim Krul is another one that has been great.

My PL Squad 2011/2012 would be:

Keeper:
Joe Hart - Manchester City
Tim Krul - Newcastle
Jose Reina - Liverpool

DR:
Kyle Walker - Tottenham
Micah Richards - Manchester City

DL:
Ashley Cole - Chelsea
Jose Enrique - Liverpool
(tbh, if it was MY team I'd include Assou-Ekotto, Tottenham, as I almost love him, and he's had a brilliant season)

DC:
Vincent Kompany - Manchester City
John Terry - Chelsea
Joleon Lescott - Manchester City
Christopher Samba - Blackburn
Fabricio Collocini - Newcastle
(Ferdinand, Vermalen, Vidic and King excluded because they spend to much time being injured)

ML:
Gareth Bale - Tottenham
Ashley Young - Manchester United

MR:
Aaron Lennon - Tottenham
Nani - Manchester United

MC:
David Silva - Manchester City
Luka Modric - Tottenham
Scott Parker - Tottenham
Yaya Toure - Manchester City
Cheik Thiote - Newcastle
Juan Mata - Chelsea

Strikers:
Sergio Aguero - Manchester City
Wayne Rooney - Manchester United
Robin van Persie - Arsenal
Demba Ba - Newcastle
Emanuel Adebayor - Tottenham

2. Team:
Keeper:
Brad Friedel - Spurs
Wojciech Szczesny - Arsenal
Peter Cech - Chelsea

DR:
Danny Simpson - Newcastle
Phil Jones - Manchester United

DL:
Assou Ekotto - Spurs
Stephen Warnock - Aston Villa
Patrice Evra - Manchester United

DC:
Younes Kaboul - Tottenham
Laurent Koscielny - Arsenal
Martin Skrtel - Liverpool
Steven Taylor - Newcastle
Brede Hangeland - Fulham

MR:
Sebastian Larsson - Sunderland
Theo Walcott - Arsenal

ML:
Matthew Etherington - Stoke
Matt Jarvis - Wolves

MC:
Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
Raphael van der Vaart - Tottenham
Mikel Arteta - Arsenal
Frank Lampard - Chelsea
Yohan Cabaye - Newcastle

Strikers:
Gabriel Agbonlahor - Aston Villa
Edin Dzeko - Manchester City
Ayegbeni Yakubu - Blackburn
Stephen Fletcher - Wolves
Luis Suarez - Liverpool

If you're gonna do this, shouldn't you pick the best players from PL, not the players the game rates the highest? If Hart has lower CA and PA than the three you've chosen that should definately be changed, cause anyone who have seen Premier League football this season would rate him far above all the others, and I doubt anyone would seriously rate de Gea as one of the top 10 keepers in PL.

It seems quite obvious that you've chosen a lot of the players from their CA or PA, definately not from their contribution this season, as some of them have spent the majority of the season injured (Gerrard, Wilshere and Essien and to a lesser extent Vidic, Ferdinand and Sagna) or sucking, aka not living up to their potential (Torres and to a lesser extent Nasri and Cech).

Spurs and City should have more players in the team. Players like Walker, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, King and Parker have been great for Spurs this season, and Yaya Toure and Hart have been fantastic for City. If you rate players yourself you can also add some more "flair" to the squads by including in form players from smaller teams. Last season you'd wanna add Charlie Adam, this season Demba Ba is the obvious choice. Tim Krul is another one that has been great.

My PL Squad 2011/2012 would be:

Keeper:
Joe Hart - Manchester City
Tim Krul - Newcastle
Jose Reina - Liverpool

DR:
Kyle Walker - Tottenham
Micah Richards - Manchester City

DL:
Ashley Cole - Chelsea
Jose Enrique - Liverpool
(tbh, if it was MY team I'd include Assou-Ekotto, Tottenham, as I almost love him, and he's had a brilliant season)

DC:
Vincent Kompany - Manchester City
John Terry - Chelsea
Joleon Lescott - Manchester City
Christopher Samba - Blackburn
Fabricio Collocini - Newcastle
(Ferdinand, Vermalen, Vidic and King excluded because they spend to much time being injured)

ML:
Gareth Bale - Tottenham
Ashley Young - Manchester United

MR:
Aaron Lennon - Tottenham
Nani - Manchester United

MC:
David Silva - Manchester City
Luka Modric - Tottenham
Scott Parker - Tottenham
Yaya Toure - Manchester City
Cheik Thiote - Newcastle
Juan Mata - Chelsea

Strikers:
Sergio Aguero - Manchester City
Wayne Rooney - Manchester United
Robin van Persie - Arsenal
Demba Ba - Newcastle
Emanuel Adebayor - Tottenham

2. Team:
Keeper:
Brad Friedel - Spurs
Wojciech Szczesny - Arsenal
Peter Cech - Chelsea

DR:
Danny Simpson - Newcastle
Phil Jones - Manchester United

DL:
Assou Ekotto - Spurs
Stephen Warnock - Aston Villa
Patrice Evra - Manchester United

DC:
Younes Kaboul - Tottenham
Laurent Koscielny - Arsenal
Martin Skrtel - Liverpool
Steven Taylor - Newcastle
Brede Hangeland - Fulham

MR:
Sebastian Larsson - Sunderland
Theo Walcott - Arsenal

ML:
Matthew Etherington - Stoke
Matt Jarvis - Wolves

MC:
Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
Raphael van der Vaart - Tottenham
Mikel Arteta - Arsenal
Frank Lampard - Chelsea
Yohan Cabaye - Newcastle

Strikers:
Gabriel Agbonlahor - Aston Villa
Edin Dzeko - Manchester City
Ayegbeni Yakubu - Blackburn
Stephen Fletcher - Wolves
Luis Suarez - Liverpool

okay, it's alright for doing that for the Premier League where I have good knowledge and follow it, but what about the leagues that I have lesser knowledge on? I just want it to be consistent tbh.

Ye, I can understand that. In that case making the teams should be VERY simple. Just get FM Genie Scout 12, start an unedited game with the leagues you want included, chose whichever division you wanna make a team for in genie scout after loading your savegame there, and sort by current ability. Then you'll get a list of the best players.

Ye, I can understand that. In that case making the teams should be VERY simple. Just get FM Genie Scout 12, start an unedited game with the leagues you want included, chose whichever division you wanna make a team for in genie scout after loading your savegame there, and sort by current ability. Then you'll get a list of the best players.

that's what i'm doing ;) but yeah, last exam Monday, so will crack on after that!!

Don't bump it...just keep working on it (updating the OP/adding new teams)
Then more people will visit the thread

Sorry, I've just been busy so hadn't been able to do work on it, so i dunno really :L i won't in the future :)