Scotland will be destroyed!

Preseason_zpsa8a7f219.png

We're reformed for the new season, with a squad now brimming with talent and more importantly the mighty Emile Ivanhoe Heskey. Slight problem though the big man is injured for the entire pre-season.

3rd July 2016
Friendly

Pre16-1_zps537ffb4e.png

A big challenge for our traditional pre-season fixtures against a selection of clubs from our home country, see's us up against Premier League opposition. Aston Villa we're in no mood to give us anything as they arrived in Northumberland, comfortable seeing out the game with a three goal victory.

6th July 2016
Friendly
Pre16-2_zps774d73ec.png

Another trip down to Portsmouth and once again we come back with at least something thanks to an early goal from striker Bia-Bi. The youngster is keen to hold on to his starting position despite the arrival of Heskey to the mix and following his injury it appears Bia-Bi is certainly able to give him a run for his money.

9th July 2016
Friendly

Pre16-3_zpsca345f57.png

Back to Shielfield and once again back to a convincing defeat as the Championships Huddersfield run rampant in the first half with four goals that tore our three man defence to pieces in style. Despite our new arrivals it seems that the back line is still unable to cope with more talented opposition. Should make it an interesting season.

12th July 2016
Friendly

Pre16-4_zpsc773cad8.png

Final game of a brief pre-season, is the annual game against feeder club Ashington. Having failed to give us a single player it appears the only benefit we get from this partnership is the regular embarrassment from the non-league side as a five minute collapse gifted them with a draw.

Not the greatest pre-season by any means but then again we were up against some tough opposition but once again a draw against Portsmouth at least gave morale a brief boost.

July_zpsa824c5a3.png

A fourth season at the helm and a second shot at life in the Championship but before we can get stuck into the league there's the cup competitions to get under way.

23rd July 2016
Ramsdens Challenge Cup - First Round

Jul16-1_zps3c41f989.png

Our title defence gets our season under way and were straight back into the hunt to reclaim our only piece of silverware with a tense victory over League One's Ayr with Scottish striker Morris and defender Oli Monguel both netting quick fire goals following a surprise opener from Ayr.

30th July 2016
Scottish League Cup - First Round

Jul16-2_zps581c9a7d.png

Having never made it far in the competition we once again nearly dropped out at the first hurdle but a goal with the last kick of the game from new left midfield signing, Alex Whittle saw us do just enough to make it past Clyde and into the second round. Theres not much money to be made in these cup competitions but non the less its always good to be in the running.

So start the season in fine fashion, with two victories that see us make a perfect start to the footballing year cruising into the second round of two cup competitions but with the league fixtures now looming the real test is yet to come.

August_zpsa9d211bc.png

6th August 2016
Scottish Championship

Aug16-1_zps510fb4cc.png

Life back in the league doesn't get off to the best of starts as a tight game at Shielfield Park ends with a heart breaking late goal, with Hamilton Academical picking up the winning goal and all three points with the whistle poised on the referees lips. A cruel way to start the season, hopefully not a sign of things to come.

9th August 2016
Ramsdens Challenge Cup - Second Round

Aug16-6_zps030ee17e.png

We continue to keep a hand on our trophy, with a convincing victory over League Two's Albion Rovers with the ever reliable Pat Walker taking the plaudits following a brace that effectively killed off the game to put us one step closer to another final in the competition.

13th August 2016
Scottish Championship

Aug16-2_zpsc161e4db.png

Having lost the first of the season deep into injury time, it was this time Berwick who stole the game with a dramatic penalty proving to be the last kick of the game, with Scottish striker, Josh Morris coping well under the pressure to net the winner.

20th August 2016
Scottish Championship

Aug16-3_zpsf3b48110.png

Morris strikes again still making his English counterparts look goal shy as his early first half goal kept us in a scrappy game to cling on to a point against promotion chasing Raith. Heskey still remains injured, with hopes of an effective partnership between the two already giving Berwick fans something to look forward too.

23rd August 2016
Scottish League Cup - Second Round

Aug16-7_zpsa5246391.png

An early exit from the competition again in disappointing style as we're crushed by fellow Championship side Ross County. Having been recently relegated County are keen to restore some pride and it seems the League Cup is certainly something there not taking lightly.

27th August 2016
Scottish Championship

Aug16-4_zps4facaa8a.png

They might have slipped down the leagues but we're making sure Ross County don't feel too bad about it, gifting them with another victory and this time three important points as they look for an instant return to the top flight, with former Peterborough star Boyd taking to life in the Championship with ease.

30th August 2016
Scottish Championship

Aug16-5_zps9da63bc4.png

We end the month with a victory with our English strikers making it onto the scoresheet following an encouraging month from striker Morris. An early red card in the second half certainly gave us a welcome opportunity but three points against a team who could also find themselves in a relegation dog fight is more then welcome.

August 2016
Scottish Championship

Aug17_zpsb7400b18.png

A vast improvement so far on last season with some encouraging victories over our fellow potential struggler's keeping us firmly placed in mid-table. If the season was to end in the same fashion I would be extremely happy but theres a way to go yet...

September_zpsc40fa0b2.png

3rd September 2016
Ramsdens Challenge Cup - Second Round
Sep16-1_zps8fd7c0fd.png

Walker is flying in this competition as another brace for the veteran striker sees off Stenhousemuir in fine fashion as we continue to put in a solid claim for brining the title back to Northumberland. Its been an easy route so far but the tougher challenges are yet to come.

10th September 2016
Scottish Championship
Sep16-2_zps55738fd2.png

Back to league and into winning ways, the likes of which Berwick have not seen since there arrival in the league. Dumbarton mounted an early push for promotion last year but it seems they've dropped dramatically off the pace slumping to a convincing defeat with Heskey picking up a brace in his first start since injury. The beast has awoken.

17th September 2016
Scottish Championship
Sep16-3_zps16195f96.png

The Dons cruelly missed out on promotion last year and are having to get used to life reluctantly in the second tier. A first half goal seemed to give them a welcome boost to a solid start to there season but the ice cool Josh Morris once again stepped up to the mark to rifle home a penalty to secure another point.

24th September 2016
Scottish Championship
Sep16-4_zps747789ac.png

A first minute goal from Heskey seemed to suggest we might take something from this tricky fixture but Falkirk were in no mood to play around snatching back the lead, with Bia-Bi doing just enough to get us back on level terms however a Falkirk winner four minutes from time and a red card for midfielder Yoa put pay to our hard efforts.

September 2016
Scottish Championship
sep16_zps338ed514.png

Were right up there now, even closing in on a playoff spot courtesy of some solid performances against the leagues toughest opposition. We're by no means ready to mount any kinf of push towards the SPL but as long as we're at this end of the table we can dream.

October_zps3c272f04.png

1st October 2016
Scottish Championship
Oct16-1_zpse525ce44.png

Our good form in the league comes to an abrupt end courtesy of table topping Hearts. With a team who should easily walk this league, they are making no mistake on there rampage back to the Premier League, with even former Liverpool player, Charlie Adam getting in on the action, whilst our very own midfield general Lee Armstrong only seeing fit to pick up a red card to add to our woes.

15th October 2016
Scottish Championship

Oct16-2_zps887da378.png

Another former Premier League outfit and this time we put on a more resilient display keeping Academical at bay to pick up another point. We're keeping up with our fellow mid table sides with these results and with a bit of luck we might just keep ourselves well clear of the battle at the bottom of the table.

19th October 2016
Ramsdens Challenge Cup - Semi Final
Oct16-4_zps459de52f.png

Having humiliated us in the league, Hearts then see fit to dump us out of the challenge cup, with an efficient display from what was largely there second string side. Hopes of reclaiming the title are dashed already as our solitary piece of silverware remains along in the trophy cabinet.

22nd October 2016
Scottish Championship

Oct16-3_zps32165cd1.png

Another four goal thrashing in the league see's Queen of the South run out clear winners with a stunning second half display that silenced the crowd in a freezing cold Shielfield Park. It seems our good fortune in the league is coming to a shuddering halt, the people of Berwick are already bracing for a rough ride for the remainder of the season.

29th October 2016
Scottish Cup - Third Round

Oct16-5_zps6caf8b88.png

With things in the league on the slide, we can at least take comfort from a different competition as we cruise into the next round of the Scottish Cup following a ruthless display against lowly Albion Rovers. All three of our strikers found the back of the net as a hopefully morale boosting tie gives a welcome bit of hope to a disappointing month.

October 2016
Scottish Championship

oct16_zps1c7b2262.png

The playoffs have already slipped clean out of grips but despite picking up just one point we're nestled in mid table. There is however already a gap building from the true promotion chasing sides and those with eyes nervously looking at the bottom of the table and the Borderers are still some way short of holding any way in this league.

november_zps043a93a1.png

2nd November 2016
Scottish Championship
Nov16-1_zps9aeb2b82.png

We start November with a Pat Walker inspired point against a tough Raith side. Having never taken the lead we we're lucky to even take anything back to Northumbria but non the less we're not complaining and another point towards our relegation defying tally.

5th November 2016
Scottish Championship

Nov16-2_zps4eb5b126.png

Bonfire night proves to be a damp one for the Berwick faithful, as Dumbarton strike back from there five goal thrashing earlier in the season to inflict a humiliation of there own, with only substitute winger, Elito's first goal proving to do anything against the one way traffic, despite another red card once again making our own lives difficult, the fourth already this season.

19th November 2016
Scottish Championship

Nov16-3_zps958e2671.png

Despite suffering a disappointing defeat, we strike back in some style, claiming victory against recently relegated Ross County courtesy of a late come back, with Dalziels first of the season being finished off by a last gasp goal from summer signing Emile Heskey.

22nd November 2016
Scottish Championship

Nov16-4_zpsa1ea1e8d.png

Another valuable point. Cowdenbeath have slumped from a play off chasing side to one of our main competitors for relegation. Its been a poor season for a lot of teams this year and it already appears that its going to come down to even the smallest of margins. Every point counts.

26th November 2016
Scottish Cup - Fourth Round

Nov16-5_zps2339d584.png

A tie against lowly Arbroath gifted us with a chance of making it into the next round but the League One side proved to be more then capable of holding us at bay, with only a goal ten minutes from time keeping us in the running thanks to midfielder David Banjo.

30th November 2016
Scottish Cup - Fourth Round - Replay

Nov16-6_zps0e327857.png

Having pushed us all the way in the previous tie, Arborath then completed the upset with a ruthless display. Having taken the lead, Arborath took their foot off the pedal allowing Heskey to fire us back into the game with a well taken brace but a collapse 3 minutes from time saw the League One side reclaim there lead and a deserved spot in the semi-finals.

November 2016
Scottish Championship

Nov16_zpsda7b7715.png

Its getting seriously tight at the bottom of the table, with even Aberdeen being dragged into the early relegation dog fight as over half the table fights against the possibility of free falling to the foot of the table, however as long as we're matching the pace, I'm happy for now.

Is this for FM 13 or FM 14?

I'm running a game with Berwick currently and while I'm currently in the Scottish Championship I'm still not able to ask the board to consider moving Berwick to Professional Status. My players can only sign Part-Time contracts but my staff are signing Full-Time.

I'm making a profit each year.....not sure what else to do.

Is this for FM 13 or FM 14?

I'm running a game with Berwick currently and while I'm currently in the Scottish Championship I'm still not able to ask the board to consider moving Berwick to Professional Status. My players can only sign Part-Time contracts but my staff are signing Full-Time.

I'm making a profit each year.....not sure what else to do.

If you win a major cup competition (League Cup/Scottish Cup) they will do it automatically but other than that they need to be on SOUND financial footing. you might be making small profits each year but it might not be enough to go pro.

hope i helped a little

a_zpsbb2a6421.png

Its been over a month since I played this game, with a combination of the girlfriend, a job abroad and a small but expensive trip to Venice combining to leave football manager gathering dust on my computer but its time to dig out my career with the Borderers and resume my English invasion of Scotland but before I do I should probably give a catch up.

So the basic idea of this career was to take the only English team outside of the English football league, Berwick Rangers to the top of the Scottish footballing pyramid and beyond by only signing players from the clubs home nation and here is how I've managed to transform the Wee Rangers throughout my time at the helm...

2013/14 - Scottish League Two Squad
1n_zps7ff227f3.png

The team I inherited as the new boss of Berwick Rangers had just one solitary English man in there ranks, with there unique status as Englands only team to play outside of the nation seemingly all but forgotten all that was soon to change.

2016/17 - Scottish Championship Squad
15-16-1_zps88c2a90e.png

An almost complete transformation of the squad, with the Scottish players reduced to just three as the Englishmen flood into Northumberland brought in through wheeling and dealing of English players and a welcome influx of quality youth talent and the change has quickly brought results...

When I took over the squad, we sat rooted in the bottom of the footballing ladder with Berwicks one hundred year history rewarding there loyal fan base with little silverware and nothing but a few brief appearances in League One however the English revolution has seen the Borderers reach new heights.

Leaguehistorycopy_zps1909f6c3.png

Two back to back promotions saw the team sail up to the ranks of the Scottish Championship where we find ourselves today, picking up a Ramsdens Challenge Cup Trophy on the way.

With the club now at the heighest point in their long history things are seemingly on the up but with a stubborn board restricting us to scouting in Scotland, a financial situation that leaves us constantly juggling the budgets and a front line led by Emile Ivanhoe Heskey things are far from all rosey at the Shielfield stadium.

Non the less lets get back to it....

Last edited:
december_zps1131ae75.png

3rd December 2016
Scottish Championship

Dec16-1_zpsd9a0ddd6.png

Having been unexpectedly dragged into the relegation battle early into the season, we added to the Dons woes snatching all three points following an absolute demolition job by our three man strike force in the first half with the evergreen Emile Heskey giving us just enough to survive a second half collapse.

10th December 2016
Scottish Championship

Dec16-2_zpsa8fabc0b.png

Aberdeen might be struggling to adjust in the Championship but Hearts are certainly up and running in there attempts at an immediate return to the Premier League with a ruthless display proving to be too much for the Borderers in a thrilling second half at Shielfield Park.

14th December 2016
Scottish Championship

Dec16-3_zpsb7fab7a1.png

Having picked up points against fellow strugglers Aberdeen we then threw away our advantage as we narrowly lost out to a resilient Falkirk. Having started the season with there eyes on a promotion spot, Falkirk clearly have no intention to stay in the bottom for much longer.

17th December 2016
Scottish Championship

Dec16-4_zps99e40693.png

In what was billed as a relegation six pointer we narrowly missed out on the victory with a Pat Walker brace being narrowly cancelled out with a goal just seconds from the final whistle. We've got to sharpen up if we're going to keep our heads above water.

26th December 2016
Scottish Championship

Dec16-5_zps029aac9e.png

Another battle of the stragglers and once again the points were shared following an even game against Queen of the South. The game was a real end to end affair and despite never once holding the lead we once again were unlucky not to come out with all three points following some weak finishing late into the game.

31st December 2016
Scottish Championship

Dec16-6_zpsa0bfe500.png

We round off a brutal year of football with a convincing defeat. Despite taking the lead we never once looked like being able to hold onto the three points and a typically efficient Raith side, eventually ran out clear winners in-front of the disappointed Berwick faithful.

December 2016
Scottish Championship

dec16_zps781e3e4c.png

The season has been turned completely on its head already as we stand at the half way point just narrowly out of the relegation spots. With the teams above us now beginning to open up a gap the dog fight suddenly isn't looking so open, with only Queen of the South and Cowdenbeath looking likely to join us in the struggle against the drop.

Last edited:
The January transfer window is upon us but once again it was to be another quiet day at the office.

Berwick once again can only sit back and watch as a host of English talent passes by under our radar. Being unable to scout outside of Scotland and not having the pulling power to lure in some of our home nations out of contract players leaves us almost high and dry in the transfer windows but non the less we managed to pull off one deal...

JanTran17_zpsa49d5a51.png
Cost: Free

Surplus to requirements at Raith we were quick to run in and ****** the former Scunthorpe midfielder to add some depth to our thin midfield. With some Championship experience in England already under his belt, its hoped Togwell could sure up what has been a leaky team this season.

So having barely made a ripple in the window we return to the league action desperate to claw our way back into the safety of mid table

january_zps499b72ce.png

3rd January 2017
Scottish Championship
Jan17-1_zps8f59d8e0.png

We start the new year much as we ended the last with another defeat. The game really struggled to get up to speed but burst into life in a frantic last quarter of an hour with Ross County eventually striking just four minutes from time to once again leave us dropping valuable points.

7th January 2017
Scottish Championship
Jan17-2_zps7a53df83.png

A determined Dumbarton welcomed us next and were given a good run for their money with the Borderers actually looking the most likely to come away with the victory but in what is becoming an increasingly frustrating trend we fell asleep before the whistle was blown with Dumbarton grabbing the opportunity with a goal deep into injury time to share the spoils.

14th January 2017
Scottish Championship
Jan17-3_zps62177cb9.png

Cowdenbeath are putting on a strong fight to try and get out of the relegation dog fight and proved to be more then able to take the points from Shielfield Park with only a Hutchings goal proving to be the only positive of an otherwise appalling game for the Berwick faithful. Things are looking bleak.

21st January 2017
Scottish Championship
Jan17-4_zpsa70d170a.png

We're putting on our best displays against the better teams in the division as this time we shock Falkirk with a late flurry of goals not only clawing us back from two goals down but also nearly gifting us with what would be a much needed three points however to take anything from this game is a welcome bonus.

24th January 2017
Scottish Championship
Jan17-5_zpse5885bf0.png
Rounding off a shocking month for the Wee Rangers see's us slump to a convincing loss to Aberdeen. Having slumped rapidly to the bottom of the table, The Dons have finally mounted a bit of fight and are starting a rapid climb up the table in an attempt to join the promotion race before the season is over. We can only sit back and watch.

January 2017
Scottish Championship
Jan17_zps0b70e5f3.png

Unsurprisingly in a month that saw us only amass two points we've spiralled to the bottom of the table. The relegation battle is far from over and with Dumbarton suddenly being dragged into the fray, there's still plenty to play for but with the season drawing to a conclusion we've certainly got out work cut out.

Last edited:
february_zps5672302f.png

4th February 2017
Scottish Championship
Feb17-1_zps2d5add17.png

Hearts are rocketing there way out of this league and another convincing victory helped them on their way to an immediate return to the top flight, however a couple of goals did atleast give the league leaders something to think about and atleast ensured we could take some positives from the game.

11th February 2017
Scottish Championship
Feb17-2_zpse5983a29.png

Three much needed points at the hands of Hamilton. Thought of as our nearest rivals in the relegation dog fight, Academical have seemingly already done enough to avoid the drop but a welcome victory courtesy of each member of our three man front line atleast helped us to claw slightly closer to join them in safety.

18th February 2017
Scottish Championship
Feb17-3_zps6474f8b6.png

An early red card for midfielder Banjo pretty much gifted the tie to Queen of the South, however we did manage to hold them off with ten men until the hour mark of the game when Barlaser blasted home the only goal of the game to plunge the club back into danger.

February 2017
Scottish Championship
Feb17_zpsbfa8228f.png

Thanks to the absolutely appalling form of both Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton we've climbed out of the drop zone thanks only to the narrowest of margins thanks to a single goal difference. With the season drawing to a close, its an uncomfortable time to be involved in such a tight relegation battle.

march_zps870dc019.png

4th March 2017
Scottish Championship
Mar17-1_zps3424ee4f.png

Raith are proving to be a stubborn force in the Championship, extremely hard to break down and ruthless going forward and once again we fell to a disappointing defeat. Walker and Bia-Bi did there best to try and give us a shot at claiming something from the game but it proved to be too little to hold off the in-from Raith.

11th March 2017
Scottish Championship
Mar17-2_zpsb0f58b10.png

Every point counts at this stage of the season with three teams locked in a brutal battle at the foot of the table and an efficient display against Ross County gave us a much needed boost, with a goal from centre back Jonathan Fairbairn giving us enough to keep Ross at bay.

18th February 2017
Scottish Championship
Mar17-3_zpsde56b302.png

Finally. We've barely made an impact this season but a convincing victory over fellow strugglers Dumbarton might just be enough to ensure we survive for another shot next year. Dumbartons rapid spiral down the table is truly shocking but on the back of there gutless display against us, its easy to see why they find themselves in trouble, with striker Bia-Bi relishing in there downfall.

March 2017
Scottish Championship

Mar17-1_zps6dcf7c12.png

An award! We've not had one of these in a while. Young striker Bia-Bi is coming on leaps and bounds in the division and with the likes of Pat Walker and Emile Heskey partnering him upfront the youngster has a great basis of which to learn the tricks of the trade.

Mar17_zpscafdb2d2.png

We're forcing a gap here, with Dumbarton all but dead in the water its not a three horse race to try and avoid an unwelcome trip to the relegation play offs. Queen of the South and Cowdenbeath both started this season with high hopes but with just a handful of games remaining its all about trying to survive in the Championship.

june_zps0cbfb23d.png

1st April 2017
Scottish Championship
Apr17-1_zps6424b2fc.png

The Dons are desperate to finish off there last minute dash for the promotion spots but the Borderers proved to be just as determined in there own efforts to remain in the division clinging on to a well earned draw and an invaluable point in there efforts to avoid the playoff spot.

15th April 2017
Scottish Championship
Apr17-2_zps73f0528b.png

The biggest game of the season comes down to a relegation six pointer against Cowdenbeath, Being locked on points at the bottom of the table it was crucial we came away with something and in emphatic style the boys didn't let me down netting five brilliant goals to seal a crucial victory and give us a much needed advantage over our rivals with two games remaining.

22nd April 2017
Scottish Championship
Apr17-3_zps243d5f13.png

Falkirk's season has long been over with the club settling for another season trapped in the Championship but that didnt stop them putting our future in jeopardy with a cruel victory sending us back to Northumberland with our status in the league once again very much in the balance. Its all to play for in the final game of the season.

29th April 2017
Scottish Championship
Apr17-4_zps524d181c.png

A Lee Armstrong opener suggested we might just pull of an upset against the run away league leaders but the second half saw Hearts burst into life and we were quickly demolished in relentless fashion. With our fates now out of our hands we could only sit and wait as the final results of the season trickled into Sheilfield Park...

April 2017
Scottish Championship
Apr17_zps01fb2b71.png

Safety. Just.

With the season boiling down to just one solitary goal to keep us out of the relegation playoff spots, its been a season to forget for the Berwick fans, however we've survived and more importantly can look to build for the future having made it past the dreaded second season.

Fingers remain tightly crossed for a productive preseason.

How's your junior coaching looking mate? Any decent players in the youth intake this season?

Hey Scotty, Adequate facilites and basic recruitment, which to be fair has produced some quality talent over the few seasons I've here. Lee Armstrong and Jordan Lowery are the only two making regular appearances and both have made debuts with the England Youth teams but unfortunately its mainly been Scottish youngsters that are currently our most promising players.

EndofSeason_zps74769323.png

The second season in the Championship proved to be just as brutal as the first with the club only just managing to scrape out of the drop zones thanks to a single goal. Our climb up the leagues has really hit a brick wall here.

2016/17
Scottish Championship
16-17_zps19fdc7b4.png

Once again no awards for the season, which given the fact we actually amassed one less point then last season is hardly surprising. Our narrow escape from the relegation play off spot proved to be all too important as the unfortunate Queen of the South join Dumbarton in League One for the coming season, with Berwick gearing up for another season trying to fight against the odds in Scotlands second tier.

Its hard to take many positives for the season, with even big signing Emile Heskey even failing to live up the billing. The Preseason is going to be crucial for out future in the league.

Another chance to review the squad with it being the end of the season and the English influence in Berwick is beginning to take complete control.

16-17-1_zps0b1ff577.png

One more Scott whittled out the team with just striking duo, Dalziel and Morris still on the books for Berwick whilst one of our new arrivals also makes an addition on the squad list, with the arrival of a player we agreed terms with way back in February eventually being finalised, bringing Wright-Philips into the squad.

Before we make it into the Scottish Premier League I'm aiming to make it hopefully into a fully English squad, however with a lack of any realistic English talent seemingly left available Morris and Dalziel might be here for the foreseeable future.

The coaching staff has been working wonders for the team of late and once again with the end of the season there was yet more upheaval in the ranks of my England legends.

Just one member of staff bid farewell to Northumberland, with one cap wonder Stan Collymore departing our coaching team following a break down in contract talks, however with Lineker and Hargreaves both adding there invaluable experience I'm sure we'll cope.

16-17-2_zps36816fc9.png

16-17-3_zps81b3eadc.png

Just one new addition to the team and having failed to attract him to play one more season with the Borderers, Kevin Phillips instead joins us our new Director of Football. With very limited pickings out there hes in for a tough job but the talismanic striker has worked his magic throughout his entire career and hopefully could pull off some more.

The coaching staff much like the team is shaping up nicely with us seemingly looking likely to hold on to the current setup for as long as possible.

Another season narrowly surviving in the league, means that once again the pre-season transfer window is all important for our forth coming season as we aim to make ourselves a more present force in the Scottish Championship

Pre17_zpsc426b491.png

Seven departures from the club this time around as the squad continues to try and adapt to the rough and tumble of the Scottish second tier.

The majority of departures comes from young players failing to live up to their potential, with the likes of Sinclair, West and Bartlett all falling short of the grade at this level, having failed to make an impact at the club.

Following them out of the door are two players who acted as back up to the first team as left midfielder Elito and Mitchell both leave the club following just a single season at the club. With Mitchell departing Berwick for the second time in his career.

The last of the departures see long serving strikers Scott Dalziel and Pat Walker leave the club, with the talismanic English striker finally running out of gas in the Championship having single handedly fired us up to this level. Walker leaves the club as a club icon and with the Second Divisions highest goal tally of all time.

With the squad down to the bare bones it was back to the transfer market as Berwick once again throw everything into their attempts at bringing in some much needed English talent to Northumberland.

Tran17-1_zpsbf6818c8.png

Having briefly partnered The great Thierry Henry in New York, Wright Philip's career has now seen him wind up in Scotland, with Berwick keen to bring the striker into the team, with a potential partnership with the formidable Emile Heskey already sending shock waves through the Championship, having arrived just as the previous season drew to a close.

Tran17-2_zps15ea15dc.png

A former Wolves youth player, Hayden made just one solitary appearance for the West Midlands team but will be sure to get some game time under his belt as a key member in our three man defence. The twenty year old is one of the brightest products in the team and with some strong defensive abilities he's certain to maintain his place in the squad for the foreseeable future.

Tran17-3_zpsc8e57265.png

For the third time in his career Alex Mitchell puts pen to paper on another contract with Berwick Rangers. Having hoped to bring in some more quality goalkeeping talent in the window we again came away completely empty handed but the ever reliable Mitchell once again came back to deputize for youth prodigy Jordan Lowery.

Tran17-4_zpsea730000.png

With young Whittle the only midfielder even familiar with the left side of the pitch, we were in dire need of another left sided player and the former Dundee United midfielder looks more then capable of adding some depth to our team, taking the starting position on the left flank with his long shots hopefully adding some goals to our seasons tally.

So four new arrivals and all entirely free, our transfers have been good business for the club but we're in dire need of another success at the club. With poor crowd numbers and limited finances we need to turn professional soon in order to make something from our push up the leagues before its too late.