The Manchester United Thread

Am I wrong or is that Shoretire lad supertalented and all England wanted to sign him at one point?
Your right mate he is super talented. Like Greenwood level talent just plays out wide. City, Arsenal, Chelsea and a few teams from abroad have tried to nab him like Gomes and Rashford in the past.

Iqbal is another one to seriously watch out for got some serious level skills.

United travelling squad vs Watford:

De Gea, Romero, Grant

Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Young, Lindelof, Williams, Tuanzebe, Maguire

Lingard, Pogba, Fred, McTominay, Pereira, Matic

James, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford

#MUFC [MEN]

Embargoed part of presser:

Solskjaer: “I’ll always have the final say on transfers. No one comes in the door without me saying yes. I don’t really speak to agents, because I have nothing to do with the money side of it, but the final decision on who becomes a #mufc player will be mine.”

Solskjaer on Pogba
Well if you can't walk your dog, then something must be wrong. Paul is a Man United player and he is a player we are happy to have him in the squad. For me, he is one of the best players in the world, and I have always said it and I think you have seen what he can do on the pitch.

But he needs to be fit. Everyone is allowed to be injured. I was out for 18 months. I was at weddings, and I was ill, and doing other things. I wasn't the best dancer – not as good as Paul definitely.

He has not been training a lot with the team. The worst thing for a player when he is injured is not playing football. And everyone has to realise that. It is the worst thing that can happen. Paul wants to play football. He has been running over that pitch there (points) with the fitness coach, looking over to us training. And there is nothing more disheartening. It is a proper mental test.

Paul is a different person when he can play football compared to when he can't. I think we all are. You can see him smiling, enjoying himself [when he is playing]. Sometimes you feel like you don't contribute to your team if you are not able to play. So I am sure you will see him smile again when he's back on the pitch.

On keeping Fred and McTominay happy when Pogba returns
In modern-day football you cannot just rely on 11 players. There is going to be rotations. We now have a game on Sunday, then Boxing Day and Burnley after just one day rest. Then it's Arsenal on New Year's Eve, Wolves on the 4th and City on the 7th. So a game every three days. Absolutely no problem but sometimes they need a rest so, no, we will be fine.

On patience needed from the fans
It'll take time as everything will do in football. We're such a young team that we're still going to see some inconsistency but you're not going to see us surrender - you're not going to see that.

We want to get back into winning ways. We want to lift trophies. We've got two fantastic derbies coming up and some very important away games. We've also got the Europa League so of course, let's see where we are in May.

On being level-headed
I never fly off if we're doing well and I don't really get too down when it's going against us because it's a fine line there and fine margins between success and not-so-great results in football.

I think that's me as a person. It's just looking forward to the next one and how I can make sure we do the job properly and that we're prepared for what's going to come.

You've got to take the ups and the downs and the setbacks with the same mentality as when you're doing well. You're not going to see me in the dumps and you're not going to see me in the skies.

On agents [Raiola] potentially getting in the way
Players can choose their own representatives. I can just use myself as an example. I had probably my best friend to look after me. It is so important that every player has the complete 100 per cent trust in whoever represents them.

Because they work for the player. The player is in charge. I don't have any issues in whoever represents the players because I don't really speak to them, I have got nothing to do with the money. I am speaking to the players when I need to speak to them. I don't talk through agents.

Today is a big test, after not being able to beat Everton last week. It's this kind of game where under Solskjaer I wouldn't be surprised if we struggled. Even though Watford are terrible so we HAVE to win today.

All the best Daley Blind get well soon!!
Aye, I was diagnosed with a heart condition (Heart Failure) 2 years ago, I had the dizzy spells the lot and now I am on heart tablets for life, it's good really that he found out early at his age as I was 69 when I was diagnosed with it if it's the same condition as me, it's to do with a weak heart muscle that pumps the blood into your heart.

You can be born with what they call Heart Failure and you can take tablets or not take tablets, there is an old boy up the road from me who is 82 years old and he was born with the Heart Failure but he said he never worried about taking tablets for the condition.

What a load of utter wank that was, Ole has been here a year now and we still look like statues in the final third. It's not only that though, there is no zip in our passing and the ball keeps going sideways and allows Watford to get back in to position.

The one time we actually create something was a Lingard run and even then he bottles it. He should score, but we don't deserve to even be winning this game lets be honest.

Strap in folks, unless a team is open at the back and allows us to counter.... this is literally like watching a repeated game against smaller teams.

**** me DDG .........

We've got him for the next 5 years on bumper deal.... he has been **** since last year. Utter ****. No commanding presence in the box and errors galore.

Lets not forget that last week it was his fault as well. Marginal foul but he had to do better.

Good half time team talk Ole.... don't make a change and we deserve this. I can't even complain. What competent manager doesn't change anything at half time after that performance in first half.

Should of picked Mata and Greenwood from the start. James and Lingard simply are no good about these low block teams.

It's December and this lot still haven't learnt how to play defensive teams, it doesn't take much to realise they are playing directly into the opponents hands by with the counter attack formation. Too many of the squad are living under the impression that just because they are playing for United the poorer teams are going to just roll over and let them win. It just seems like for every positive step forward they are taking 2 steps back every 3-4 weeks. Yes it is a young side and you can expect inconsistent performances but that excuse is starting to wear thin.

It's December and this lot still haven't learnt how to play defensive teams, it doesn't take much to realise they are playing directly into the opponents hands by with the counter attack formation. Too many of the squad are living under the impression that just because they are playing for United the poorer teams are going to just roll over and let them win. It just seems like for every positive step forward they are taking 2 steps back every 3-4 weeks. Yes it is a young side and you can expect inconsistent performances but that excuse is starting to wear thin.
The sooner Ole realises that the likes of Mata, Greenwood and now Pogba need to start these games the better the results will be since they have been on we could be level. Nothing against James he’s good in certain situations and been a good signing. Lingard just needs to go sort his head out.