The Manchester United Thread

Pass on the beta as I have gamepass and it will come there on release. But see that it is a bit dissapointment as being a bit too easy.
Betas have historically been always easy lol. It's a trick to bait people into buying.

Although I will say the Inverted fullback role is ridiculously overpowered this year.

You got someone to buy Fred that wasn't Utd?

This year's version isn't at all realistic then aye?
It was Newcastle lol. Sold him for £10 million. They loaned Lingard as well.

The one player I just couldn't sell was Phil Jones. He got only one transfer offer from lille (and he rejected their contract offer oddly enough). Still loaned him to fiorentina

Pass, I'm more interested in who wants to take on the job a Newcastle and how they are going to sort out the dross Bruce left behind...

I'm sure they'll manage even if they'll do it by throwing bags of money at every problem.

Spurs on the other hand seem irreparably ****** and Levy has finally outplayed himself.

I got Kessie and Araujo (both of whom look like beasts) the first season, so pretty good. (then, a couple of youngsters in January - Cherki and Konigsdorffer) Ronaldo is still a beast, but struggles to press, as expected. Managed to loan out Jones, sell Lingard, Matic and Lindelof. Jones rejected two sell offers, so he's out on loan. Fred just refuses to do anything, so had him in my U23s till Jan. Now, slowly integrating him back into the squad in random positions (he plays RB in cup games).

Gegenpress is still kinda OP, but the new animations are pretty cool. Have United sitting second, 2 points behind Pool, who are crazy good. City 3rd and Arsenal 4th. Have Mbappe coming on a free, so that's good! Might try and get Kimmich next window, see how that shapes up.

Grapping Mbappe for free is great and all but where are you playing him when you have

1. Rashford, who's going to complain about not getting enough game time
2. Ronaldo is still there for another season and for sure will moan about not given enough opportunities
3. Sancho, whom develops into a fine player and will want regular game time.

Then you have Greenwood who becomes an absolute beast on the game too. Bringing in Mbappe would ofc mean less rotational mins for him to develop

Seems like the classic Ed Woodward move imo considering we wouldn't have room for him without upsetting someone else (unless you plan on selling one). I respect the consistency but to me ultimately, it's a bit foolish considering what you have already lol.

….. Have United sitting second, 2 points behind Pool, who are crazy good. …..

How boss would it be to have a genuine title battle in RL?

I mean there’s been odd seasons over the years that have come close but rarely in our lifetimes have the two biggest clubs in England gone neck-and-neck for the league.

Utterly mad when you consider the unprecedented eras of dominance both have had that the other has invariably not been a challenger through those respective dynasty’s.

A weird quirk between Englands 2 most successful clubs.

Grapping Mbappe for free is great and all but where are you playing him when you have

1. Rashford, who's going to complain about not getting enough game time
2. Ronaldo is still there for another season and for sure will moan about not given enough opportunities
3. Sancho, whom develops into a fine player and will want regular game time.

Then you have Greenwood who becomes an absolute beast on the game too. Bringing in Mbappe would ofc mean less rotational mins for him to develop

Seems like the classic Ed Woodward move imo considering we wouldn't have room for him without upsetting someone else (unless you plan on selling one). I respect the consistency but to me ultimately, it's a bit foolish considering what you have already lol.
A 4-2-3-1, with Mbappe up-top is how I was thinking it. It fits, because Mbappe on a free is too good to pass on and Ronaldo is aging, so he's rotational next year. I'm planning to rotate positions, so Bruno is the only one that's fixed. Rashford is slightly inconsistent for me, same with Sancho. Greenwood rotates either with Sancho or Ronaldo currently and that'll continue going forward. I'm still considering whether I want to keep Ronaldo or sell him (he won the Ballon d'Or on my save, so he is scoring spectacularly).

But he is aging, so physicals have started declining. Still a monster, but it makes more sense going for Mbappe/Haaland, counting on Ronaldo and his monstrous wages for too long is a problem. Rashford and Sancho are also both rated as Regular Starters, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to manage game time. Sancho's attributes mean he can cover for Bruno at AM too.

It'd be a problem if I get Haaland too (I'm tempted, but I won't). With just a couple of transfers, United has a squad on FM that is more or less set for the longer term.