The Manchester United Thread

Why would Conte have any loyalty to a club where the owner tends to sack managers in the tunnel.

I know he’s naturally a big Chelsea favourite mate, but it shows he doesn’t give a **** about Chelsea to go to Tottenham.

Like Benitez and Morinho, he only cares about himself.

NO F’s given!

Idm so much that he goes to a rival. I just wonder why Spurs?! The project there is so ill-suited to his style of working…

Idm so much that he goes to a rival. I just wonder why Spurs?! The project there is so ill-suited to his style of working…
This part is puzzling me as well. Especially if the United job, as was rumored, was available (considering the owners probably had a discussion with him, basis rumours). Why pick Spurs? Unless it's the Paratici connection? But even that can push you so much, surely.

But then again, if the chat United had with him is anything remotely akin to what Woodward had with Klopp while sounding him out for United, I wouldn't put it past anyone to steer clear of the job (apparently, all Woodward discussed with Klopp was the commercial aspect, while stating United to be the disneyland equivalent of the club, with no mention of footballing matters). Sigh.

Sign of things to come apparently lol.

Yeah, heard he's going to be there longer than first announced.

The more things change at Utd, the more they stay EXACTLY the same.

FWIW, I also heard from a reliable source, City played you over Ronaldo and they never wanted him to begin with on those wages. Make of that what you will? 🤷‍♂️ From someone whose agency works with a few top-flight players who drops interesting tidbits every now and again.

Yeah, heard he's going to be there longer than first announced.

The more things change at Utd, the more they stay EXACTLY the same.

FWIW, I also heard from a reliable source, City played you over Ronaldo and they never wanted him to begin with on those wages. Make of that what you will? 🤷‍♂️ From someone whose agency works with a few top-flight players who drops interesting tidbits every now and again.

That would make sense considering I wouldn't see how he'd fit in Pep's system. There's a reason Pep consistently preferred Jesus to Aguero up front as Jesus presses a lot more.

Can I ask you for a favor, a screenshot of Memphis Depay?
Here you go, mate

1635796605163.png

So Utd's dithering bungling may have cost you Conte, but have no fear boys .....

The way it's turning super toxic, super fast, Rafa will soon be out at the Ev and available to complete his set of hated rival clubs!

#Rafa #nofucksgiven

It's barely November and already 2 sackings with more hanging by a thread. Like I said, you can't blame managers for exploiting this circus that used to be a sport once.

So Utd's dithering bungling may have cost you Conte, but have no fear boys .....

The way it's turning super toxic, super fast, Rafa will soon be out at the Ev and available to complete his set of hated rival clubs!

#Rafa #nofucksgiven

Think this 3-0 win United got at Spurs will be a massively costly win for them.

Not only did it keep Ole in the job for longer but might have cost them a chance at hiring one of the few world-class managers currently available.

Think this 3-0 win United got at Spurs will be a massively costly win for them.

Not only did it keep Ole in the job for longer but might have cost them a chance at hiring one of the few world-class managers currently available.

So it's a double edged sword really. Conte would've probably come in and won a few trophies but it would end in tears in a couple years and we'd be right back here to continue the cycle.

Not to say I'd rather stick with OGS (would've binned him since the Europa league loss) but Conte coming in would mean we'd probably bin either Sancho or Bruno Fernandes (depending on the back 3 formation variation)

Conte is the "best available" choice but is he the ideal choice? My ideal man will always be Poch but I really wouldn't mind Ten Hag at all.

But alas, we have a board that's trying to cling onto a vibes merchant. Still don't understand how he survived that horror show last week.