The Photoshop Help Thread

What section do you think is best for sigs, etc on deviantart?

What section do you think is best for sigs, etc on deviantart?

Unless you're a highly trained artist and knocking out consistent masterpieces, make your own brushes/stocks/renders can model in 3ds/c4d/zbrush/maya and can paint/draw/charcoal these people will rip you up and come back to make sure they've done the job right..........

Seriously though I'd stick to smaller more amateur sites, that way you build your craft with people who are doing the same.... Deviantart can leave a bad taste (H)

yeah..devantart is quite an elitist atmosphere full of ego's the size of a small continent...not too differnet to here actually.. but more people frequant deviantart..so yeah.. more ego to deal with :p

Trying to Activate Photoshop and when I go to activate it (I have a correct serial number in there), it says The Activation Server is Unavailable. I thought this was normal, but it has been like that for over a week. Any ideas?

Trying to Activate Photoshop and when I go to activate it (I have a correct serial number in there), it says The Activation Server is Unavailable. I thought this was normal, but it has been like that for over a week. Any ideas?

Could be a problem with your own PC's hosts information or a corrupted file.... did you get the choice to activate over the phone?

Yeah, I did. I really can't be bothered to spend 3 hours on the phone to some person I can't understand...

When I copy and paste a team badge to PS, the badge always turns out black and white instead of colour ? Help :'(

You can't copy and paste images with transparency from an internet browser to image editor, have to save it to your computer and then open it with Photoshop.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Did you previously have a cracked version of Photoshop? It might have blocked any web traffic to the activation server.

Did you previously have a cracked version of Photoshop? It might have blocked any web traffic to the activation server.

What do you mean? Is there anything I can do to change that?

You can't copy and paste images with transparency from an internet browser to image editor, have to save it to your computer and then open it with Photoshop.

I always used to copy and paste no problem, until now :S

those sites r really helpfull, specialy to beginners such as me :p ty this helped me out alot ;)

I wanted to paint my first kit, but I'm having problems with the template. I was looking for some nice kit templates and downloaded the SS'09/10/11 Template Pack V7.0. But when I open a template with Photoshop it looks like this:

I think it's a probem with PS. I'm using Photoshop 7.0. Does someone know hot to fix that?

Thanks anyway!

how can you resize one layer?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

how can you resize one layer?

forget about that
but know i have a new question
how can i copy a colour?
i added a sponsor logo and it had a white background but the kit is green

forget about that
but know i have a new question
how can i copy a colour?
i added a sponsor logo and it had a white background but the kit is green

You can use the magic wand tool and select the white bg to delete it off and save the logo as .png file.

I wanted to paint my first kit, but I'm having problems with the template. I was looking for some nice kit templates and downloaded the SS'09/10/11 Template Pack V7.0. But when I open a template with Photoshop it looks like this:

I think it's a probem with PS. I'm using Photoshop 7.0. Does someone know hot to fix that?

Thanks anyway!

expand the addidas group and you will find that every template has the eye symbol on it.... if you click it to make it go away so will that bit of template... you only need the template ou want showing.. hope this helps

View attachment 106789

Got a slight problem, I did some vertical layer lines for detail on the shirt as you can see above but when I try to add a sponsor it is splitting it up, does anyone know how to solve this problem

Thanks

Nathan-Move the sponsor layer above the layers that you did for detail.
Cheers Nathan I'll have a go at that .... I was wondering what you meant at first, figured it out now thanks

Last edited:
This may be a stupid question but, I'm trying to make some kind of "flag" type design but I have ran out of room so one of the shapes has been cut out. Is it possible to make the work area bigger without making a new image ?

This may be a stupid question but, I'm trying to make some kind of "flag" type design but I have ran out of room so one of the shapes has been cut out. Is it possible to make the work area bigger without making a new image ?

Image > Canvas Size