The Sheep Are On Fire - An Aberdeen FC Story

images

PRE-SEASON & JULY

We are actually still in the middle of pre-season but due to our early start in Europe I will break it into 2 parts. The World Cup has came and went (England won it) and now all the worlds eyes is on the SPL - well maybe not lol.

--

PLAYERS IN

I have around ?1m if I adjust my budget but I havent spent a penny yet and only signed one player permanently. On a free transfer came Murray Wallace from Huddersfield Town and he will be a first choice CB.
View attachment 419675

I also brought in a few players on loan. Stephen Hendrie was brought in from Southampton, Ryan Fraser came back from Bournemouth, Rhys Sullivan from Man City and finally John Flanagan and Suso came in from Liverpool
View attachment 419674View attachment 419673View attachment 419672View attachment 419671

Lawrence Shankland is back at the club following his loan spell and will feature occasionally.

--

PLAYERS OUT

I released several players including Riordan, Considine, Zola, Murray, Rogers, Magennis and Martin. I did recoup some fees however as I sold Nicky Low, Jamie Masson and Luke Giverin for a total of ?80,000.

Michael Rose and Craig Storrie left on loan while last seasons loanees Boyata and Tate returned to their parent clubs.

--

SUMMARY

I will no doubt bring in a few more players because at the moment I feel we are just slightly stronger than last season. Another CM, CB and possibly a GK would be nice.

Hopefully this season we can get into the group stage of the Europa League, retain one of our cups and get closer to Celtic in the league.

--

images

UEFA Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
Aktobe 0
Aberdeen 5 (Ivanov og7, Rooney 24, Hayes 45, 55, 81pen)

A decent start to the season I suppose!!!

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg

Aberdeen 5 (Rooney 14, Fraser 21, 39, 74, Hayes 48)
Aktobe 1 (Kigizbaev 50)
(Aberdeen win 10-1 on aggregate)

This time it was Ryan Fraser who got his hat-trick despite only having a finishing attribute of 4 lol

--

UEFA Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
Aberdeen 5 (Wallace 7, Rooney 9, Fraser 11, 23, Smith 26)
Vitoria Guimaraes 0

Another 5 goal haul and 2 more goals for Ryan Fraser. I was pleasantly surprised that we scored 5 goals here although I am disappointed that after scoring 5 goals in 26min we didnt add any more goals.

--

LINEUPS
OPPRESGKRBCBCBLBCMCMAMRAMLAMCSTSUBS
Akt5-0LangfieldFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonHayes* 3FraserSmithRooneyShankland, Suso, Sullivan
Akt5-1LangfieldFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieSullivanFloodHayesFraser* 3SmithRooneyAnderson, Shankland, McManus
Vit G.5-0LangfieldFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackFloodHayesFraser* 2SmithRooney-

images

AUGUST

Kilmarnock 0
Aberdeen 2 (Smith 30, McGinn 72)

A nice solid way to start the domestic season. Killie didnt even have a shot on target. Cammy Smith played well and scored which may be bad news as Mourinho and Wenger were apparently in the stands to watch him.

--

UEFA Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
Vitoria Guimaraes 0
Aberdeen 2 (Shankland 10, Reynolds 17)
(Aberdeen win 7-0 on aggregate)

I rested several players here and they did a fine job. I was pleased to see Lawrence Shankland net his first goal for the club.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Wallace 30, Rooney 72)
Dundee United 1 (Cairney 74)

We win the New Firm derby here despite having a man sent-off. That said we were 2-0 up when he got dismissed lol

--

Motherwell 1 (Aneke 61)
Aberdeen 4 (Shaughnessy 28, McGinn 45, Rooney 59pen, Hayes 90)

Very, very impressive. To win so convincingly and perform so well away to one of the better sides is a great sign. Every game so far this month one of my CBs has won the MOM award!

--

Aberdeen 4 (Thomson og11, Rooney 32, Fraser 60, Hendrie 81)
Hibernian 2 (Robson og3, Tudur-Jones 83)

Another win and another defender getting the MOM award. We are performing so well just now I am beginning to think the title may be a possibility.

--

UEFA Europa League Playoff 1st Leg
Aberdeen 3 (Rooney 8pen, McGinn 36, Suso 39)
Bursaspor 1 (Kazim-Richards 28)

We are in touching distance of the group stage after this win. We went 1-0 up and then they had a man sent-off but still they equalised. We then dominated and surged into a 3-1 lead before Hendrie got sent-off again.

MOM? Shaughnessy again lol

--

Aberdeen 1 (Rooney 59)
Hamilton Academical 0

--

UEFA Europa League Playoff 2nd Leg
Bursaspor 1 (Phala 16)
Aberdeen 1 (Smith 25)
(Aberdeen win 4-2 on aggregate)

We make it through to the group stage after a hard fought draw.

--

LINEUPS
Killie2-0LangfieldFlanaganWallace*ReynoldsHendrieJackFloodHayesFraserSmithRooneyMcGinn, Suso, Sullivan
Vit G.2-0LangfieldFlanaganShaughnessy*ReynoldsRobertsonSullivanFloodPawlettMcGinnSusoShanklandHendrie
Dun U.2-1LangfieldFlanaganWallace*ReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonMcGinnFraserSusoRooneyRobertson, Shaughnessy, Hayes
Moth4-1SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessy*WallaceHendrieJackFloodMcGinnFraserPawlettRooneyHayes,
Shankland
Hibs4-2SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessyWallaceHendrie*JackRobsonMcGinnFraserPawlettRooneySullivan
Burs3-1SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessy*ReynoldsHendrieSusoFloodPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneyHayes, Sullivan, Robertson
Ham1-0SchmeichelAndersonShaughnessyWallaceReynoldsSusoRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneySullivan, Fraser
Burs1-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ReynoldsRobertsonSusoRobsonFraserMcGinnSmithRooneyHayes, Cooper

--

SUMMARY

Absolutely no complaints about this month!!!! 8 games, 7 wins and 1 draw plus qualification for the group stage in the Europa League. Our Europa League campaign wont last long however I fear as we have been put in a group alongside Real Betis, Zenit St.Petersburg and Dnipro while in the league cup we will play Morton.

I did make one signing during the transfer window as I brought in Kasper Schmeichel from Leicester City on a free transfer. He will go straight in as my first choice keeper and will be a great asset to the club.
View attachment 418149

Leaving the club was Yven Moyo who joined Ross County for ?12,000 and Scott Wright who joined Brora Rangers on loan.

There is still 1 day left of the transfer window and I will post an update next month.
--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOE SHAUGHNESSY

View attachment 418152

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 418153

images

SEPTEMBER

Partick Thistle 1 (Maatsen 66)
Aberdeen 4 (Smith 6, 22, McGinn 18, Rooney 77)

We maintain our 100% start to the season with a fine victory over Partick.

--

Aberdeen 3 (Pawlett 36, 87, Smith 52)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0

Before the game there was a war of words between myself and ICT manager John Hughes so I am pleased that we won to get one over on him!

--

UEFA Europa League Group E
Aberdeen 4 (Mladenovic og10, Robson 40, Rooney 47, McGinn 48)
Dnipro 2 (Rotan 27, Seleznyov 71)

I wasnt sure what to expect here so to win is nice. Zenit and Betis drew so we open up a 2pt gap already!

--

Scottish Communities League Cup 3rd Round
Aberdeen 3 (Sullivan 11, Robertson 90, Suso 90+2)
Morton 1 (Todd 35)

We kick off our defence of the League Cup with my backup players earning a win but they left it late in doing so.

--

Celtic 2 (Pukki 53, Boerrigter 89)
Aberdeen 2 (Rooney 43, 75pen)

Our 100% start to the league campaign is ended and I am not sure if I am pleased with the point or not considering we had a man sent-off with 30min to play.

--

LINEUPS
Part4-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackSusoFraserMcGinnSmith* 2RooneyHayes
ICT3-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlett* 2McGinnSmithRooneyShaughnessy
Dnipro4-2SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessyReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneySullivan, Shankland, Fraser
Mort
3-1SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessyAndersonRobertson*FloodSullivanHayesFraserSusoShanklandWest, Hynd, McGinlay
Celtic2-2SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessyReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooney* 2Hayes, Suso, Fraser

--

SUMMARY

Our excellent start to the season is continued this month as we have opened up a gap in the league, won our opening Europa League match and progressed to play Inverness CT in the quarter-finals in the League Cup.

I tried but failed to bring in anyone else on transfer deadline day but I did bring in former assistant manager Archie Knox back to the club as a scout.

On the international front Jonny Hayes, Ryan Jack and Mark Reynolds all won their first international caps.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM ROONEY

View attachment 417265

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 417264

TRANSFER WINDOW
View attachment 417263View attachment 417262View attachment 417261View attachment 417260View attachment 417259View attachment 417258View attachment 417256View attachment 417255View attachment 417254View attachment 417253View attachment 417251

Can't help but cringe when I look at the Hibs ins & outs. Got excited over Tony Watt till I seen it was only a loan

images

OCTOBER

Zenit St. Petersburg 1 (Rondon 62)
Aberdeen 0

A decent performance but we were always going to be up against it here. We nearly levelled late on but it was not to be.

--

St. Johnstone 2 (MacLean 78, Wright 80)
Aberdeen 1 (Wallace 15)

Our first league defeat of the season and everything seemed to go wrong. We were without several players for a start and then we had Clark Robertson sent-off just after we scored and we couldnt hold on to the lead.

--

Aberdeen 4 (Wallace 9, McGinn 58, Shankland 88pen, Jack 90)
Raith Rovers 0

The late 2 goals added a deserved gloss to the scoreline as we had 32 attempts at goal and they mustered just 1.

--

Real Betis 2 (Scepovic 29, 60)
Aberdeen 0

We just werent at the races here and deservedly lost. The group is so tight though.....
View attachment 416972
--

Scottish Communities League Cup QF
Aberdeen 3 (Pawlett 50, 73, 76pen)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 (Meunier 26)

Into the semis we go thanks to a marvellous performance from Peter Pawlett. Always nice to get one over John Hughes too!!

--

LINEUPS
Zenit0-1SchmeichelFlanagan*WallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneySuso, Shankland
St. J1-2SchmeichelShaughnessyWallace*AndersonRobertsonSusoSullivanPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneyKelly, Hynd, McGinlay
Raith4-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneyFraser, Shankland
Betis0-2SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneyFlood
ICT3-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlett* 3McGinnSmithRooneyFlood, Hayes

--

SUMMARY

This was a very tough month with some poor results. We lost both games in Europe and faltered once in the league but we did manage to progress in the League Cup where we will play Rangers in the semi final.

I am now aware that I need to strengthen in January. I feel we need a CB, RB and CM and will hopefully bring in at least 2 in the winter window.

Adam Rooney scored on his debut for the Republic of Ireland.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MURRAY WALLACE

View attachment 416970

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 416971

It gonna ve tough with betis and zenit but we all know u can triumph and qualify for the next stage

images

NOVEMBER

Aberdeen 1 (Robson 42)

Heart of Midlothian 0

A decent win but Niall McGinn got injured and is out for a couple of months.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Pawlett 55, 63)
Real Betis 1 (Reyes 78)

This is a huge result and a great win which puts us back in with a real shout of the next stage.

--

Aberdeen 1 (Rooney 30)
Motherwell 0

--

Hibernian 0
Aberdeen 2 (Rooney 46pen, 52)

We beat the top side away from home here as we performed really well. Rooney is beginning to regain his form too which bodes well.

--

Dnipro 2 (Seleznyov 14, Gama 55)
Aberdeen 3 (Hayes 17, Smith 28, Shankland 90)

Another great away performance and even better - we have qualified!!!!
View attachment 416933

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round

Aberdeen 3 (Shankland 58, Shaughnessy 60, Hayes 83)
Falkirk 0

Through we go and fairly comfortably but we only clicked into gear when they had a man sent-off.

--

LINEUPS

Hearts1-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobson*PawlettMcGinnSmithRooneyFraser, Flood, Shankland
Betis2-1SchmeichelShaughnessyWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackSullivanPawlett* 2FraserSmithRooneyWest, Hynd, Flood
Moth1-0SchmeichelFlanagan*WallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettFraserSmithRooneyNess, Hayes
Hibs2-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrie*JackRobsonPawlettKakutaSmithRooney 2Ness
Dnipro3-2SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrie*JackSullivanPawlettHayesSmithRooneyShankland, Hynd
Falk3-0SchmeichelCooperAndersonShaughnessy*RobertsonNessSullivanHyndFraserHayesShanklandMcGinlay, McManus
View attachment 416917
--

SUMMARY

This month was brilliant as we won every single game to progress in both Europe and the Scottish Cup and we are top of the league with 2 games in hand. This season could really be something special...............

I managed to strengthen the squad this month by bringing in central midfielder Jamie Ness in from Stoke City and Gael Kakuta in from Chelsea on free transfers. I think Kakuta especially will be a star in this league.
View attachment 416938

Meanwhile Joe Shaughnessy won his first cap for the Republic of Ireland and Sligo Rovers became our new feeder club.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEPHEN HENDRIE

View attachment 416923

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 416924

Last edited:
images

My chairman - Stewart Milne

DECEMBER

Dundee United 1 (Reynolds og75)
Aberdeen 0

We were very poor as we lose the New Firm derby but it was a game in hand so didnt cost us too much I suppose.

--

Aberdeen 3 (Fraser 15, Kakuta 45, Rooney 52)
Partick Thistle 1 (Elliott 2)

We bounce back here which was pleasing as we were missing several players.

--

Aberdeen 1 (Rooney 4)
Zenit St. Petersburg 1 (Hulk 50)

This draw was enough for us to win the group. They had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half but they qualify in 2nd place anyway.

--

Aberdeen 1 (Hayes 8)

--

Hamilton Academical 0
Aberdeen 2 (Rooney 45, Hynd 90)

I rested Reynolds and Jack here as they were exhausted so I was pleased that we won.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Kakuta 21, Smith 88)
Kilmarnock 0

I decided to rest Jack and Reynolds for another game since Celtic are up next and we won again but it wasnt comfortable until Cammy Smith scored late on. Rooney and Ness went off injured.

Murray Wallace won the MOM award for the 3rd game in a row!

--

Aberdeen 0
Celtic 1 (Balde 37)

MEH

We deserved a point but just couldnt score and we hit the bar in the last minute to almost salvage a point but it was not to be as Celtic close the gap to 4pts.

--

Heart of Midlothian 2 (McKay 22, Ward 47)
Aberdeen 3 (Rooney 3, 34, Smith 20)

An important win this after our defeat to Celtic. We didnt play brilliantly but our first half goals were enough.

--

LINEUPS
Dun U.0-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettHayesSmithRooneyFraser, Kakuta, Shankland
Part3-1SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessy*KellyRobertsonNessSullivanKakutaFraserSmithRooneyHynd, McGinlay, Robson
Zenit1-1SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessyReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonHayesFraserSmithRooneySullivan
ICT1-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ReynoldsRobertsonJackNessHayesFraserKakutaRooneyShankland, Hynd
Ham2-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ShaughnessyHendrieNessRobsonHayesKakutaSmithRooneyHynd
Killie2-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ShaughnessyHendrieNessSusoHayesKakutaSmithRooneyFraser, Sullivan, Hynd
Celtic0-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonHayesKakutaSmithRooneySullivan, Fraser
Hearts3-2SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessyReynoldsRobertsonJackSusoHayesFraserSmithRooney* 2Ness

--

SUMMARY

With so many games to play we were bound to slip up at some point and we did so in the league by losing to Dundee United and Celtic but we still did enough to open up a 7pt gap at the top - could the title be ours??

In the Europa League we will play Metalist Kharkiv and if we progress there either Trabzonspor or Inter Milan will be lying in wait. Airdrie will be our next opponents in the Scottish Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MURRAY WALLACE
View attachment 416846

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 416847

images

JANUARY

Raith Rovers 0

Aberdeen 2 (Suso 45, Hamilton og88)

A very easy win - Raith never threatened our goal.

--

Aberdeen 4 (Wallace 35, Rooney 48, McGinn 62, Suso 71)
St. Johnstone 0

Another very impressive performance. We welcomed back McGinn and Pawlett from injury which can only help us.

--

Kilmarnock 1 (Graham 62)
Aberdeen 4 (Robson 17, 84, Crainey og58, Rooney 90)

Barry Robson wanted to move into coaching during the week and he was the key man in this match as he scored 2 free-kicks.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Bikey-Amougo 19, Flanagan 30)
Dundee United 0

What a debut for Andre Bikey-Amougo!!! He signed on the morning of the game, made his debut, scored and got the MOM award!!!!

--

LINEUPS

Raith2-0SchmeichelFlanaganShaughnessy*ReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonHayesFraserSusoRooneyShankland, Hynd, Ness
St. J4-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooneyFraser, Suso
Killie4-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobson* 2SusoMcGinnSmithRooneyShaughnessy, Kakuta, Robertson
Dun U.2-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceBikey-Amougo*HendrieJackRobsonSusoKakutaSmithRooneyNess, Shankland

--

SUMMARY

Not many games this month but we won all 4 that we did play and we performed brilliantly throughout. We have opened up a 10pt lead in the league and it will take a horrific run of form for us to throw away such a lead.

I did some business in the transfer window. Jamie Langfield left for Hamilton for ?12k and he was my only departure. I rejected bids for Jack, Robertson and Shaughnessy.

Incoming was Andre Bikey-Amougo who will add strength (literally) and depth to my defence. I also had to renew Flanagan's loan at a cost of ?20k per month after I ****** up and only had him on loan until the end of January.
View attachment 416808

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BARRY ROBSON

View attachment 416812

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 416813

As soon as I seen that you had signed the boy I felt the need to comment. Scott Hynd is a ***** in real life. Might add another layer of realism

images

FEBRUARY

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round
Airdrieonians 0
Aberdeen 2 (Suso 36, 38)

--

Scottish Communities League Cup SF

Rangers 1 (Haynes 55)
Aberdeen 2 (Fraser 31, Rooney 45)

WE BEAT THE ENEMY!!!! lol

We were rubbish and second best throughout but we were clinical with the chances that we created and that was enough to make us reach the final.

--

Motherwell 2 (Sutton 21, Ongenda 67)
Aberdeen 3 (McGinn 26, Kakuta 35, Suso 84)

We did this the hard way as in the 2nd half both Rooney and Jack had goals disallowed and Shankland missed a penalty!

--

Aberdeen 3 (Robertson 44, Kakuta 48, Pawlett 81)
Hibernian 1 (Clayton 86)

--

Partick Thistle 2 (Maatsen 19, Caldwell 83)
Aberdeen 4 (Rooney 8, 36, Robson 58, Shaughnessy 69)

Another convincing victory and fine performance as we are running away with the title.

Gary Caldwell scoring for them brought a smirk to my face - it was because of him that I have a daughter lol (I got very drunk the night Scotland beat France 1-0 7 years ago)

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
Metalist Kharkiv 0
Aberdeen 3 (Rooney 21, Kakuta 24, Robertson 69)

WOW!!!! An amazing result considering we had Wallace sent-off and we only had 4 shots on target!!!

--

Aberdeen 2 (Reynolds 6, Fraser 81)
Hamilton Academical 1 (Ross 89)

Mark Reynolds returned to the fold here and got a goal and the MOM award.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Aberdeen (Ness 8, Fraser 33)
Metalist Kharkiv (Gomez 18, Willian 20)
(Aberdeen win 5-2 on aggregate)

I decided to rest pretty much all of my first choice players here and it didnt come back to haunt me.

--

LINEUPS
Aird2-0SchmeichelCooperBikey-AmougoShaughnessyRobertsonFloodNessHayesFraserSuso* 2ShanklandMcGinlay, Hynd
Rang2-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ShaughnessyHendrieJackRobsonHayesFraserSusoRooneySmith, Kakuta
Moth3-2SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceShaughnessyHendrieJackNessKakutaMcGinn*SmithRooneyShankland, Suso, Sullivan
Hibs3-1SchmeichelFlanaganBikey-AmougoShaughnessyRobertsonNessRobsonKakuta*SusoSmithRooneyFlood, Pawlett, Sullivan
Part4-2SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceShaughnessyHendrieJackRobsonKakutaMcGinnSmithRooney* 2Pawlett, Hayes
Met3-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceBikey-AmougoHendrieJackRobsonPawlettKakuta*SmithRooneyMcGinn, Robertson
Ham2-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynolds*HendrieJackNessMcGinnKakutaSmithRooneyFraser, Sullivan, Robertson
Met2-2SchmeichelCooperBikey-Amougo*ShaughnessyRobertsonFloodNessHayesFraserKakutaMcGinnMcGinlay, West, Sullivan

--

SUMMARY

A fantastic month as we won 7 of our 8 games, beat Rangers to reach the League Cup final and we also progressed in the other cups. Inter Milan lie in wait in the Europa League so that will be the end of our European adventure probably.

The league however seems all but over as we are 12pts clear. My mind is now beginning to drift towards next season and which players I will get rid of in the summer.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GAEL KAKUTA
images

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 416585

images

MARCH

William Hill Scottish Cup QF
Aberdeen 0
Dundee United 0

A no score draw!!!! This could be my first one in management lol

--

William Hill Scottish Cup QF Replay
Dundee United 0
Aberdeen 3 (Rooney 67, 84, 88)

A fantastic result this. I really thought we were going out after failing to win at home but we bounced back superbly.

--

Aberdeen 3 (Rooney 16, 31, 88)

Successive hat-tricks for Adam Rooney as he put his old club to the sword here. We are playing games every 3 days now so to keep on winning is quite incredible.

--

Celtic 2 (Boerrigter 3, Delph 54)

Aberdeen 0

Not a good result, not a good performance but it was understandable and acceptable considering the games are in such a short space of time and we have such a big lead anyway.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round
Aberdeen 0
Inter Milan 2 (Bertolacci 10, Kovacic 64)

I thought this was going to be a **** of a lot worse but we aquitted ourselves quite well in all honesty. Hopefully my players will recover in time for the cup final.

--

Scottish Communities League Cup Final
Dundee United 0
Aberdeen 1 (Rooney 1)

WE RETAIN THE LEAGUE CUP!!!!!

We showed a lot of grit and determination here to come out on top. Rooney struck in the first minute and it was a tight game from then on in. Veteran defender and club captain Russell Anderson came off the bench for a rare appearance.

--

Aberdeen 4 (Hayes 30, Hynd 43, Watson og83, McGinlay 90)
Heart of Midlothian 3 (Ryan 13, Hamill 51pen, 64pen)

A thrilling game this. 16y/o Sean McGinlay grabbed the winner with his first goal for the club - he has been banging them in for the reserves.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round
Inter Milan 4 (Caldirola 38, Belfodil 45, 54, 66)
Aberdeen 1 (McGinlay 85)
(Inter Milan win 6-1 on aggregate)

A bit harsh but it was a good learning curve. The fans would have had a good bounce when McGinlay scored!!

--

St. Johnstone 1 (Miele 71)
Aberdeen 5 (McGinn 20, Pawlett 30, Ellis og36, Kakuta 46, Rooney 57)

A very impressive performance this. We were excellent.

--

LINEUPS
Dun U.0-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrie*JackRobsonPawlettMcGinnSmithRooney-
Dun U.3-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsRobertsonJackNessKakutaMcGinnSmithRooney* 3Hayes, Flood, Shaughnessy
ICT3-0SchmeichelShaughnessyBikey-AmougoReynoldsHendrieNessRobsonPawlettMcGinnKakutaRooney* 3Sullivan, Flood
Celtic0-2SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceBikey-AmougoRobertsonJackRobsonHayesFraserSmithRooneyFlood, Kakuta
Inter0-2SchmeichelShaughnessyBikey-AmougoReynoldsHendrieNessFloodPawlettHayesKakutaMcGinnMcManus, Shankland
Dun U.1-0Schmeichel*FlanaganWallaceShaughnessyRobertsonJackSusoKakutaMcGinnSmithRooneyPawlett, Anderson, Hynd
Hearts4-3SchmeichelCooperBikey-AmougoReynoldsHendrieNessFloodHyndHayesPawlettShanklandWest, McGinlay
Inter1-4SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceShaughnessyRobertsonJackSusoKakutaMcGinnSmithRooneyMcGinlay, Anderson
St. J5-1SchmeichelFlanaganBikey-Amougo*ReynoldsHendrieNessRobsonPawlettMcGinnKakutaRooneyFraser, Hynd, McGinlay

--

SUMMARY

What an action packed month!!!! In the league we slipped up against Celtic but were otherwise pretty solid while we progressed in the Scottish Cup too. Predictably our European adventure ended after 16 games against Inter Milan but we didnt disgrace ourselves which was the main thing.

Obviously the highlight was the fact that we retained the League Cup by beating Dundee United. Hopefully we can do the treble by the end of the season.

The youth intake was pretty poor to be honest which was a blow as I am struggling to field players with the games coming every 3 days. I have to give my side credit for being so competitive in such a congested fixture list.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM ROONEY

View attachment 416543

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 416542

images

images

APRIL

Aberdeen 2 (Rooney 48, Suso 64)
Raith Rovers 0

This was the last game before the split.

--

William Hill Scottish Cup Semi-Final
Aberdeen 3 (Pawlett 27, Wallace 60, Kakuta 65)
Ross County 1 (Hill 7)

Into the final we go where we will play Celtic who stand in our way of a famous treble. We also had 2 goals disallowed here.

--

Heart of Midlothian 3 (Wells 22, Kishna 67, McGowan 90)
Aberdeen 1 (Rooney 4)

**** OFF!!!!!!!!!

We battered them here and had 2 goals disallwed in the final 10 minutes. Fair enough we shouldnt be conceding 3 goals but the referee is going to get shot next time I see the ****.

--

Aberdeen 0
Celtic 0

A massive point this as if Celtic won they would be 3pts behind us. I kept the same eleven that performed so well against Hearts but got cheated and my defence stepped up to the plate this time.

--

LINEUPS
Raith2-0SchmeichelFlanaganBikey-AmougoReynoldsHendrieJackNessSusoKakutaSmithRooney*Hynd
Ross3-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallace*ReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettMcGinnKakutaRooneyNess, Robertson
Hearts1-3SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettKakutaSmith*RooneySuso, Shaughnessy
Celtic0-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynolds*HendrieJackRobsonPawlettKakutaSmithRooneySuso, Ness

--

SUMMARY

The title is almost within our grasp after this month. The Hearts game still wrankles though (writing this 1 hour after it happened lol) and we will be due them a hiding in the future methinks. We have managed to progress to the Scottish Cup final also and will face Celtic so it will be a tough hurdle to overcome if the treble is to be ours.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
images

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 416485

<font color="#ff0000"><u><strong>[video=youtube;BdIaYwM1JXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIaYwM1JXI[/video]
Aberdeen have won the title at Easter road before.......

MAY

Aberdeen 3 (Smith 3, 64, Kakuta 68)
Hamilton Academical 0

We are now 1pt away from the title..... Rooney had about his 15th disallowed goal of the season in this game lol

--

Hibernian 1 (Watt 36)
Aberdeen 3 (Rooney 14, 61, Pawlett 28)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Any nerves were settled when we scored early on and when they then had a man sent-off it was always likely we were going to at least get the point that we needed.

Bad news came in that Jamie Ness broke his leg and will be out for 6 or 7 months.

--

Aberdeen 1 (Hayes 16)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 (Kerr 3, Chantler 45)

I rested everyone for the cup final so to lose is neither here nor there. However to lose to a team managed by John Hughes is not on!!!

--

William Hill Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 5 (Rooney 17, 55, 74, 88, McGinn 81)
Celtic 1 (Fisher 76)

OMG!!!!!!!! It will take something special to beat this result and performance on such a big occasion. Adam Rooney was unplayable and scored 4 goals.

THE TREBLE IS OURS!!!!

--

LINEUPS

Ham3-0SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettKakutaSmith* 2RooneyNess, Hayes
Hibs3-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettKakutaSmithRooney* 2Ness, Suso, Hayes
ICT1-2SchmeichelCooperShaughnessyBikey-AmougoRobertsonFloodSullivanHayesFraserSusoShanklandRobson, McGinlay
Celtic5-1SchmeichelFlanaganBikey-AmougoReynoldsHendrieJackRobsonPawlettKakutaSmithRooney* 4McGinn

--

SUMMARY

So the treble is ours and what a way to get it by thrashing Celtic 5-1 in the final of the Scottish Cup. The league was over a long time ago really as we raced so far ahead.

Alex McLeish was sacked at the end of the season by St. Johnstone and is the only managerial casualty so far. Interestingly we were named as the overachievers in the Europa League this month as well as the Scottish Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ADAM ROONEY
View attachment 416371

images
images

images

END OF SEASON POST

What a memorable season that was!!! We completed the domestic treble and got a long run in the Europa League (16 games) to really establish ourselves as one of the up and coming sides in European football.

In the title race we took advantage of Celtic's floundering start to race away never to be caught and although we slipped up a bit towards the end when the amount of games became too much we held on to win the title convincingly.

In the cups we easily won the League Cup as Celtic were knocked out in the quarter-finals while in the Scottish Cup we humiliated them 5-1 in the final - a result never to be forgotten.

Our adventures in Europe were fun. We travelled over to Eastern Europe several times to face teams from Kazakhstan, Ukraine (twice) and Russia. In the end it was the Italian giants Inter Milan who eliminated us fairly easily.

Next season will be our first in the Champions League. Hopefully we can make the Group Stages and reap the financial benefits. The success I have had has all come with just one transfer fee paid out - ?40k for Scott Hynd (apart from 2 loan fees). I will treat every penny as a prisoner until our bank balance allows me to be more frivolous!!!

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 416194

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
View attachment 416193

--

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
MURRAY WALLACE

View attachment 416192
The 11 MOM awards meant he just pipped Rooney

--

MY U21 PLAYER OF THE SEASON
CAMMY SMITH
View attachment 416191
It was actually a disappointing season from him but he still did ok

--

AWARDS

Players Manager of the Year
Manager of the Year
Writers Manager of the Year
Player of the Season - Cammy Smith
Player of the Year - Adam Rooney
Top Goalscorer - Adam Rooney
Team of the Year - Stephen Hendrie, Murray Wallace, Adam Rooney, Cammy Smith

images

PRE-SEASON POST
&
JULY FIXTURES

Season number 3 is upon us and while domestically things are looking plain sailing we cannot afford to take our eye off the ball. You would expect Celtic to bounce back and with Rangers returning to the top division they could cause a problem. Add to that the fact that a tycoon is trying to take over Hibs and all of a sudden Scotland is becoming really interesting!!!!

During the summer there was another managerial casualty as Malky Mackay took over at Partick Thistle.

Anywho onto the transfers and the like.

--

PLAYERS IN

2 players on loan from last season are back. Stephen Hendrie and Suso have returned and will hopefully be just as good as last season. The other loanee is Mark O'Hara from Chelsea and he will provide cover in both defense and midfield.
View attachment 415785View attachment 415784View attachment 415783

I also brought in 2 players on free transfers. John Flanagan rejected Celtic and a load of English clubs to sign permanently for us which is a massive boost while Craig Gardner, who was without a club for the whole of last season, has also signed on.
View attachment 415782View attachment 415781

Finally I actually spent a bit of cash for a change bringing in a new backup keeper from feeder side Sligo Rovers for ?64,000
View attachment 415780

--

PLAYERS OUT

Ryan Fraser and Rhys Sullivan have returned to their parent clubs while I sold Willo Flood to Kilmarnock for ?275,000. Declan McManus has joined Hamilton for ?50,000 and Craig Storrie has been loaned out to Dundee.

Ryan Fraser actually went on to sign for Dundee United for ?1.5m and we received over ?500,000 as part of the deal!!!!

--

STAFF CHANGES

I was delighted to get the recently retired Kevin McNaughton in as a coach. He was a great player for Aberdeen in his time here and I would have signed him as a player if he hadnt called it a day. Eric Black also returned to the club as a coach. He scored the first goal in the clubs finest moment against Real Madrid in 1983.

I also brought in a new head of youth development, goalkeeping coach and a few scouts.

--

SUMMARY

Regarding the first XI there isnt a lot of change. Gardner will replace Robson in central midfield and I think Gael Kakuta may get the nod ahead of Niall McGinn on the left wing but I always get injuries in that area so the likes of McGinn, Kakuta, Pawlett, Hayes, Hynd, Smith and Suso will always be involved.

Otherwise it is as you were.

I very much doubt there will be any more activity as we are above our wage budget as it is. Maybe if we reach the Champions League group stages things might change.

--

images

UEFA Champions League 2nd Qual. 1st Leg
Aberdeen 3 (Rooney 52pen, Kakuta 59, Gimmestad og90)
Stromsgodset 1 (Aure 18)

So our Champions League adventure is under way and off to a winning start. Their away goal sticks in the throat a bit though!

--

UEFA Champions League 2nd Qual. 2nd Leg

Stromsgodset 2 (Kastrati 6, Osterhus 90)
Aberdeen 4 (O'Hara 21, Reynolds 32, Rooney 45, Smith 85)
(Aberdeen win 7-3 on aggregate)

A fine recovery this. We fell behind early on and they were 1 goal away from knocking us out but we turned the srew on them and ended up winning easily.

--

UEFA Champions League 3rd Qual. 1st Leg

Shamrock Rovers 1 (Doyle 79)
Aberdeen 7 (Rooney 4pen, Hayes 10, 37, 51, Smith 14, Pawlett 46, Friel og90)

I think its safe to say that we will be in the draw for the next round.........

--

LINEUPS

Strom3-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceReynoldsRobertsonJackGardnerPawlettKakuta*SmithRooneyO'Hara, Suso
Strom4-2SchmeichelFlanaganBikey-Amougo*ReynoldsRobertsonJackO'HaraPawlettKakutaSmithRooneyHynd, Cooper
Sham7-1SchmeichelFlanaganWallaceBikey-AmougoReynoldsJackO'HaraPawlettHayes* 3SmithRooneyRobson, McGinlay, Cooper