"The Titan" <---> OLIVER KAHN is back!

The board were absolutely reluctant in making any alterations to the transfer budget, and I only had 60% from transfer revenue allocated towards the transfer budget.
View attachment 240412
Players In/Out.
Both players sold were young players, but I needed funds to buy players to play a part in the first team now.
The club should be financially happy with both those player sales, as we retain a healthy 50% sell on value!
View attachment 240411I am happy with the loan signings- Ben Amos has been really good for us between the sticks, the Liverpool full backs are very good, Yesil has been injured for the first month, Loftus-Cheek provides depth, Santi Mina is a good ST, Khumalo is an option in depth at CB.
Most of the others are freebies, of them, Geraldo, Marques & Gardner are very good for us.
Zimmermann played for us a few years back, and as he was available for a low price, I could take that risk. The lad fills both full back positions, CM, DM, MR.. He is versatile, and a cheap back-up!

Our net spend- the lowest for our league!
View attachment 240410

And look at our wage budget- just about 40% that of the highest spending team..
View attachment 240409

A sound financial set up is the key aspect, something I look forward to see at the club given my education(MBA, for those that do not know)!

An excellent win away from home. 64% possession, 15 shots vs 6 shots. The team is moving in the right direction, and I'm very happy with that!

View attachment 240408

And then this happens- 3 of my 1st team players were out on international duty, and I didn't ask to postpone the game. 2 dropped points!

View attachment 240407
And here is the reason to that 0-0 score.. why we didn't win? bad luck!
View attachment 240406

More number of shots, a better possession, that too away from home, and most importantly- securing a victory! 3 more points.
View attachment 240376
Solid performance. Can't ask for more.. A spell of about 8-10 mins which won us the game. Intense!
View attachment 240375
Away from home against a very strong team. I would have settled for a draw, but young Mina on loan from Celta won us the game. Excellent!
View attachment 240374
One of those games when the players left their heads at their homes/dressing rooms, footballing booth God knows where! No one turned up well for this game. Pathetic performance against an opponent we should have easily defeated! Complacency?
View attachment 240373

View attachment 916995
Over achievement?
Is Oliver Kahn over achieving at KSC?

Many managers in the 2.Bundesliga have spoken about Karlsruhe's amazing run in this season, and are of the opinion it's because of complacent opponents, luck favoring KSC, and so on. In other words, KSC are not where they are on merit, but simply because opponents have under-estimated them, and not prepared for them the way they would/should when playing against stronger opponents.

It has happened a number of times, and that is what makes soccer so interesting. Teams going on unexpected runs only to tumble down, fall back with a thud!

Darmstadt were predicted to finish 16th when this season began, and now find themselves comfortably in the top half of the table; while KSC who are top of the table for the time being were expected to finish in 12th place.

KSC have won some games playing excellent football, but more than the games, they have won many hearts!

Fans and followers of KSC would hope the previous result against Darmstadt was only a one off, and that it's not a beginning for the downfall for their team.

Karlsruhe should be worried, and should do their best on pitch not to upset their fans- the people who have stood by them when they were relegated from 1.Bundesliga to 2.Bundesliga, and just recently when they were in 3.Bundesliga.

The real test should be in the next game against Kaiserslautern, a team expected to finish this season in the 1st place. Lose that, and there would definitely be some signs of unrest around KSC.

KSC supporters sing while they win KahnCan, but the question being raised now is, Can Kahn?

View attachment 240354

Schuster is one of the many managers who believes Kahn is over achieving at KSC, and would find, sooner rather than later, that their real place is on the other end of the table.

Kaiserslautern await!

View attachment 240342
KAISERSLAUGHTERN

View attachment 240338

Yet another day, yet another result that proves KahnCAN!

Kahn was clearly proud of the result and it showed on his face.
Addressing the media, he said he loves proving his doubters wrong.

Kahn commented, "People can say whatever they want to, but it's a season with 34 games. Some results would be like this one, some like the one last week. But what ultimately counts is where we are after the 34th game, and that's when I would like to talk about things."

Man you a dominating with such big wins! Keep it up.

Surprised you managed to get a player like Loftus-Cheek on loan! Among other great signings. should hopefully make the promotion charge a lot easier.

How has Kahn Jr been getting on?

View attachment 240337
3rd loss away from home this season. We were dominant again, but failed to show it where it matters the most!
Next is the Cup tie against Aalen, a team that earlier defeated us in the league.

Man you a dominating with such big wins! Keep it up.

Surprised you managed to get a player like Loftus-Cheek on loan! Among other great signings. should hopefully make the promotion charge a lot easier.

How has Kahn Jr been getting on?

Thanks mate.
With morale high and happy players, results come well I believe, something I've observed on FM15!

Loftus-Cheek is a back-up option for me, plays like a game in 3/4 games, while coming off the bench once every 3rd game or so.
Kahn jr is injured at the moment. And also something I didn't know- you can't register players aged 14 in the Bundesliga. I hope he can be registered when he turns 15, else we'll have to wait a further year when he turns 16!

View attachment 240335

View attachment 240334

The league table after 12 games. We are top, but it's very close. We have conceded most goals among the top 4 teams, but have scored the most goals in the league so far.
Amos has been injured the last few games, and he has been missed.
The winter break, and winter transfer window should be interesting, hopefully we get some funds to spend and improve the team!

View attachment 240332
To say we were poor would be an understatement! Just didn't find the rhythm. Taught a footballing lesson.
Time for a wake up call?
We are out of the cup, and only promotion to play for now.

I have a few players wanted by other clubs, but no bids anywhere close to their value, let alone my asking price!

And the Board simply not allowing an increase to wages or transfer budget, neither to the percentage allowed from player sales.

And I've been playing a few of those players consistently, and they've been doing good..
What can I do, anyone can help?

We began the next month with a decent victory. Trying to forget the last couple of results, we needed to start strong this month, build a momentum before the winter break, and the result was ideal!
View attachment 239396
At home, away from home, wherever, whatever. We retain possession, and attempt many shots compared to our opponents. Nothing happened in the first half, but with just half an hour to go, we went full throttle. 4-0 away. Momentum!
View attachment 239395

Just what we needed again. Another victory. Going strong!​
View attachment 239394

Going a man down very early, we retained our discipline after that to earn crucial 3 points.​
View attachment 239393

Momentum. STOP! A late defeat halts our progress again. We have conceded many goals too late in games, something that's hurting us!​
View attachment 239392

Seemed this would end a draw. Till almost the end. Liverpool's Yesil, on loan, scored minutes before the game would end. His 1st goal for us. He has been injured most of the time, and hardly featured, but coming on from the bench, he did very well to score the winner!​
View attachment 239391

The final game before the winter break- UNLUCKY! We were really nowhere near as good as those stats make us look. Bad performance in front of goal. And with very little margin of error in the quest for promotion, 1 point could differentiate who goes automatically or via play-offs!
View attachment 239374

Amazing loan signings there. That should add some more quality and Adnan will win points on his own.

Amazing loan signings there. That should add some more quality and Adnan will win points on his own.

Absolutely! He wasn't interested in joining us when the season began so I was surprised when he did actually join us. Also, the Janujaz and Wilson loan deals were finalised just 15 minutes before the window closed!

Materazzi, Ibe, Moi Gomez, Ajer, Lewis Baker, Eric Dier(great at CB for us), Lacina Traore(sadly, injured for 6 months now), Janujaz & Wilson joined us on loan, while we sold 3 players for decent sums to increase our wage budget.
View attachment 239337

Last edited:
The friendly game against our parent club, Dortmund. I was fearful we would be thrashed, given a proper footballing lesson, and though we played with some fringe players, a 2-0 defeat against them is not at all poor!
Also, 3 goals ruled out for off-side... All of them being unconvincing decisions, so not really concerned about this result.
View attachment 239343

The remaining friendlies were just to keep the lads fit, integrate some players into the team who joined us on loan recently.

The winter break came to an end. And it's back to playing football.
1st game against a team we have lost twice to- Aalen.. I was hoping our new signings would turn that around, and boy! did they! Absolute domination and control. 4-0! GAME!
View attachment 239342
The better team lost, no doubt. This has become a routine affair for us this season. Dominating, but not getting the result. I gave a chance to a few players who hadn't featured as much through the season, and they surely disappointed.
View attachment 239341
A change in formation and tactics awaited, and I went for this- DEADLY CIRCLE. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/328553-deadly-circle-good-old-fashioned-4-4-2-a.htmlhttp://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...deadly-circle-good-old-fashioned-4-4-2-a.html

Amazing performance. Mina has been a very good player for us on loan this season! James Wilson had a great game as well.
View attachment 239340
Janujaz! 1st goal, and an amazing performance! The lad is way better than this league, there is no doubt!
View attachment 239339