ben1250

Reaction score
Nottingham-Forest-icon.png

The room went awkwardly silent as this unknown man sat on his seat, confident looking and expectant of his first interrogation from the baying press. More silence, then the first words were spoken by the chairman of this once great club.

'This man is Ben Graham and he's got the job to lead us to glory, you may now ask him questions'

Suddently the room went into laughter, Graham's glare forward did not waver one inch. The onslaught began.

Q1. Where you from ? whats your past in the game ?
A1. Does it matter, i am here now and that's all that you need to worry about.

Wow, the room went silent again. Such a frosty first answer didn't go down well, Graham had the response he wanted.

Q2. What do you think you can achieve with this current squad ?
A2. It's not a matter of what i think i will achieve, i know i will achieve great things here. I want to be a bigger success than Brian Clough was here and that means winning the European cup. This interviews over that's all i have to say i have a tough job ahead and need all the time possible to strengthen my squad.

Graham leaves the room, leaving the chairman alone, sitting, wondering whether his decision was correct. Then state's Graham will stick to his word and create history. First step promotion..
http://icons2.iconarchive.com/icons...-football-club/256/Nottingham-Forest-icon.png

i did a forest story not so long ago did very well what formation will you be using.

i did a forest story not so long ago did very well what formation will you be using.

The formation will vary depending who i am playing but counter attacking football usually suits my teams well with 4-4-2 diamond being effective.

May revert to 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 at time though mixing can work well. What formation did you use ?

Good luck. Inspired by Damned United last night? :p

Good luck. Inspired by Damned United last night? :p

Cheers, erm i aint sure about inspired so to speak but it was a great portrail of a great manager. Following in his footsteps in the current economic climate would be a decent success.

Pre season nearly done, update very soon including friendly win against Sunderland and decent result against Celtic :wub:

Wheeling and dealing
New Nottingham Forest manager Ben Graham has been quick to make his mark at his first club selling a few and buying/loaning a few. His investments have brought a renewed optimism around The City Ground and his words are still ringing in everyone's ears about stepping into legendary manager Clough's footsteps.

First signing is a loan deal with Dutch club Ajax with Christian Eriksen set to gain some experience under Graham's leadership. Ajax are said to be happy with the deal as English football will add a new dimension to his game improving his physical strength and adding to his talents with the ball at his feet. Eriksen is very highly thought of in his home nation of Denmark and is rumoured to be on the brink of being drafted into their international squad.

ajaxa1psva1_3.jpg

Second player joining Graham is also from a high flying Dutch squad, 24 year old left winger Simon Poulsen of Az Alkmaar after a reported falling out with current manager Pim Verbeek. The loan deal is said to be one that suits both clubs as Nottingham Forest are getting a player who could happily join a lower league Premiership club. The Danish international currently has 3 caps with his country but hopes 1st team football will push him back into the fold.

Other lower key signing's by Graham include Simeon Jackson for the fee of £375'000 from Gillingham replacing Nathan Tyson who leaves for Norwich for a identical fee. Coming in on a free is left back Fabiano whose ex clubs include Fenerbache, Genoa, Celta Vigo and earlier in his career Sao Paulo in his home nation of Brazil. Last but not least joining Graham is Arsenal's young versatille Emmanuel Thomas who will sure up centre midfield. Leaving the club this month was also two goalkeepers Paul Smith joined Norwich for £150'000 and Shane Redmond joined Rushden for £10'000. A new goalkeeper will hopefully be joining soon but Graham is contemplating using Youth throughout the season.

keep it up
I did a Nottingham Forest story once
lot's of fun

I'll follow, since Clough was a former Sunderland player, and i quate....

"I would crawl on my hands and knees through broken glass to manage Sunderland" - Brian Clough

I'll follow, since Clough was a former Sunderland player, and i quate....

"I would crawl on my hands and knees through broken glass to manage Sunderland" - Brian Clough

Really intresting quote their, his spell at Leeds as manager was one worth looking into.

Pre season results

Northampton 2-5 Notts Forest
Herbert x2 Anderson, Mcleary, Blackstock,Mcgugan, Garner

Walsall 1-2 Notts Forest
Steve Jones Mcgoldrick

Notts Forest 2-3 Celtic
Garner, Morgan O'dea, Fortune, Wilson

Chesterfield 1-3 Notts Forest
Talbot Eriksen,Crossley(og), Garner

Oxford 0-1 Notts Forest
Mejewski

Notts Forest 1-0 Sunderland
Blackstock

Few League games been played so i'll include them in this update.

Notts Forest 1-0 QPR
McCleary

Notts Forest 3-0 Macclesfield (LC round 1)
Anderson, Cohen X2

Notts Forest 2-0 Millwall
Anderson, Earnshaw

Middlesbough 0-2 Notts Forest
Blackstock, Anderson

Preston 1-0 Notts Forest
Parkin

Update soon with screenshots etc :) Won manager of month for August.

good start
what about transfers
made any more?

Cheers for the intrest, haven't aquired anyone else as of yet and i dont really intend too.

Fancy keeping the bunch of players together, build good morale hopefully a happy bunch of decent footballers with touch of class from Eriksen and Poulsen will provide the promotion winning ingredient. Both have been superb team players so far.

I think there's going to be a update next on new years day.

Anyone have any objections to their being such a gap ?

This way i can whizz through the fixtures and get a season completed soonish, i hope to get European glory so this will last atleast a few season's as i dont expect instant success.