i used him as a left sided striker with an advanced forward setting

ie. walcott rvp

and he was amazing for me. scored 38 goals in 51 matches in all competitions. i started a new save where he hasn't been as brilliant but still has 6 goals in 11 starts

Be patient with him mate,he does pretty well for me as a Winger-Support,try that with him and he will perform

Ok, what's the deal with Theo Walcott? I cannot for the life of me get the best out of him. I've tried him AMR and Striker, both with and without creative freedom, as a poacher, winger advanced forward [supply running onto ball] and still he's one of my lowest rated players [6.6 in march]. I'm not shifting him about too much so he at least gets a chance but i can't get him performing, he's happy enough as well [no problems motivating himself]. Is there maybe a change in training or certain players that complement him? I play Milevskyi as the main target man [sold van Persie and Eduardo - overpaid and underperforming] and usually a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 Direct.
Is it worth my patience for his future development or should i cash in on him [if anyone will buy him]?

Maybe the problem relates to your TEAM tactics, not so much to Walcott's player instructions!

I'm also managing arsenal It took me awhile to figure out Walcott's role, I recommend playing him as AMR , Inside forward , it will take him time to adjust but trust me he will become one of your star players even though i play Giuliano more..sorry walcott lol :)

I Have him as back up for either my AML or AMR or striker, he usually performs, but not all the time.. although he is rated the second best English player at the moment :L

i find that theo walcott is hit and miss till he gets about 24/25, i used to play him on the right of a 4-5-1 and he would get 25 plus goals a season from there, he was even doing it when i took him to italy aged 33

he doesnt become a world class all round player, but if you use him in the right formation with the right players around him he is incredible

Had him on the right attacking spot in a 4-5-1 and sometimes as a deep-lying forward in a 4-3-3.
In my first season he won Young Player of the Year.

It's about how you use him, because when he is good he is very good.

he is playing really well for me, 8 goals and 8 assists this season. i have a 4-3-3, with ramsey-song-fabregas midfield, and an attack of Eduardo-advanced forward/poacher, RVP or Dzeko in the deep lying support role, and walcott in a poachers role. Beauty of it is is that if he isnt doing much i can bring Nasri on at inside forward, and believe me, he is basically Zidane on my game. scored a maradona-esque skinning everyone goal at the Nou Camp ffs.

You have to give him time I started with him as a right winger in the first two seasons, let him hug the touchline put in crosses, train him to dribble down the flanks, middle and run with the ball more often. I am now in my 4th season after winning double Prem/FA twice and now since he has mature I now play him in the striker role as a traquista, he is a beast in the striker role. I have him as traquista and he now has 14 assists and 9 goals, not to mention the penalties and red cards he creates, there is hardly a defender in the game that can handle him, he is leading the league in man of the matches right now and I am in Feb.

Aye, not quite a bump, more a small mountain range...