Think I've found the key to not conceding

Ruvio

Reaction score
I'm Newcastle and struggled in the first season, but then moved to a system with Coloccini as a Libero just in front of the keeper, 2 CD's in front of him and 2 wing backs. Anchorman, trequartista and 3 forwards.
Colo is consistently averaging over 8.5 and I'm 4 games without conceding.

Just an idea.

it's certainly different

but I get anxious when I don't overload the midfield

I've found wingback to be very effective in this game so far..

you've got to test it more than 4 games i think, but sounds nice, show us a ss half way through a season...

I am playing with two different 352 system ( one using a SW and WBs) and this year it actually works as intended :) Top of the league with Charlton after 15 matches.

I feel you can stop goals with a 4-2-3-1.
flat back 4.
I have conceded 35,28,18 in 3 seasons with United in 3 seasons.

I feel you can stop goals with a 4-2-3-1.
flat back 4.
I have conceded 35,28,18 in 3 seasons with United in 3 seasons.

Yes agree. You can stop goals with any balanced formation given that you react to what is happening on the field.

also noticed that not using any shouts is way better when using a balanced formation!

using a 433 (Amc) with Everton and have only conceded 2 goals in a friendly game so far this season!

View attachment 280518

also noticed that not using any shouts is way better when using a balanced formation!

using a 433 (Amc) with Everton and have only conceded 2 goals in a friendly game so far this season!

View attachment 280518

I actually couldnt agree more.
Like first 3 seasons I played great but used 6-7 shouts to make the instructions like my classic tactic.
Last two games played with just one shout,retain possession against a far superior Chelsea and Porto teams(in terms of star power and quality),but won 4-0 and 3-0 with them not even getting any half chance.
I am liking the looks of it.
Will update how it goes.
Btw guys,a quick help,how do you train your team to learn different strategies?
Like If I shift from attacking to standard,they loose their familiarity.
do you guys make the same tactic with different mentalities?
And how do you guys keep the familiarity high when using shouts?

Like the look of the formation! Would a modified version of this work with Chelsea?

Sweeper - Luiz
Dc -Terry
Dc Cahil
Lwb - Cole
Rwb - Ivanovic
CDM - Mikel

(Change here)
AMC left - Hazard
AMC Mata
AMC right Oscar
St Torres

I've not really played FM13 much yet. Would Luiz fit in okay there? Would the team score enough?

I've found wingback to be very effective in this game so far..

I couldn't agree more with this, I struggled a little at times in FM12 to get them to work effectively with a lot of teams.

So far though they seem to do an amazing job both going forward and defending, been using them in a range of leagues and player abilities. Obviously not as good defensively as a FB but their forward movement seems to be much better with this ME.

I used WingBacks alot in FM12 when I used a 4-1-2-1-2 (Narrow 442 Diamond) I found my WBs destroyed teams but trying to use them in flat back 4 set up with wingers/IFs it left my team open...

I am playing with two different 352 system ( one using a SW and WBs) and this year it actually works as intended :) Top of the league with Charlton after 15 matches.

Planning to upload it?

I'm in big need of some good tactics. Whatever I'm trying, it's going totally wrong.

Myself and a few mates have been trying it with a few team and it seems to be pretty transferable.
Just uploaded it and it's awaiting moderation, but I'll post a link when it's up!
Just one note to add, if you do use this, you can see 2 of your forwards do a weird glitchy dance during kick-offs

Last edited:
I like the look of this, however the midfield looks really exploited, I'd be a bit cautious about that (not that I'm a tactical genius or anything). Is it often the case with this tactic?

The midfield don't appear to get drowned out oddly. Anchorman picks the ball up and distributes to the WB's. It was my primary concern but seems ok.