Reaction score
Is just me that doesn't get why people obsess over Tiki Taka? It is at a point where people care about possession as much as goals.It's moving towards no strikers, no defenders?no goalkeeper, perhaps, just 11 technically blessed midfielders merrily passing the ball around until someone walks it into the net. Originally they wanted possession in order to attack and win the game; now it seems to be first and foremost a way not to lose.

Last edited:
Each manager has the own preferences. When you have a style of play, you want to perfect it. I don't see the problem in that. Of course though, many FM managers don't really care about the style of play so long as they're winning.

If someone is out there playing FM and trying to create a tactic where they get 99% of possession but never score a goal and the match looks like a training ground game of keep away, good on them. Play the game they way you want, and if you want to make a super possession tactic that's cool.

But by definition Tiki Taka is a rather attacking form of football. The point to the possession and passing is to patiently break down the opposition by making them chase the ball and create openings. Everyone who is trying to emulate Tiki Taka are not only looking for great possession and passing numbers but also a lot of chances.

It is also impossible to get players to follow your every instruction, even if you are just trying to pass the ball around all game individual players will do their own thing like make attacking runs, etc.

It seems like everyone on here is obsessed with playing the same style though. Look at the most downloaded tactics, both Tiki Taka. I guess it's people can play how ever they want but I was just wondering why everyone likes it so much? I personally prefer Bayern's style of Total Football rather than Barcelona's Tiki Taka.

I think the biggest issue I have with it is that folk misunderstand it. Tika Taka is about both offence and defence and all these tactics only concentrate on the offence. Their has hardly been any tactics that use 'Pressure and possession' realistically and squeeze the space the opponents operate in.