Tip on signing african backup players

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've noticed something that has helped me along and thought it might be beneficial to some of you. If this has been mentioned somewhere else, please close it admin :)

Basically, say for example you're playing Barcelona, your DM's are Yaya Toure and Seydou Keita in the first season, both are very good players to play either as anchor-men or as defensive mid-fielders.

However, the problem arises in January 2010, both players are called up to the African Cup of Nations and you're left with no DM to play for you (Unless you haven't sold Marquez or he's not injured).

Anyway, to cut it short, I've decided never to have 2 african players as backup for each other in the same position, it's only a problem with african players because the African Cup of Nations is in January, which means that the season is on in Italy and Spain, don't know about UK and other nations, perhaps someone could verify it in other leagues?

Hi all,

I've noticed something that has helped me along and thought it might be beneficial to some of you. If this has been mentioned somewhere else, please close it admin :)

Basically, say for example you're playing Barcelona, your DM's are Yaya Toure and Seydou Keita in the first season, both are very good players to play either as anchor-men or as defensive mid-fielders.

However, the problem arises in January 2010, both players are called up to the African Cup of Nations and you're left with no DM to play for you (Unless you haven't sold Marquez or he's not injured).

Anyway, to cut it short, I've decided never to have 2 african players as backup for each other in the same position, it's only a problem with african players because the African Cup of Nations is in January, which means that the season is on in Italy and Spain, don't know about UK and other nations, perhaps someone could verify it in other leagues?

same problem in engalnd - chelsea lose mikel and essien from same position and drogba and kalou from up front