ben1250

Reaction score
442anim06.gif

In a twist which would confuse even the most keen football enthusiasts in Wales today The new saints football club (TNS) unveiled a new manager who literally nobody has heard of, young Ben Graham is according to source's at the club a personal friend of the chairman and this is said to have been a dream of Graham's since his trial at Shrewsbury Town ended with a multiple break in his left leg which ruined his potentially great career.

The new saints recently moved stadiums from Llansanfraid where they were founded to a village in England near the border which infuriated many fans, some see this as progress but many get confused between the name of the club; The new saints and TNS are the same club.

2140369191_62a8796498.jpg

Many would see the new saints formerly named TNS a small job but with expectations to win the league and a european qualifier next month his task seems incredible for such a unknown man.

park_hall_gallery_1_470x320.jpg
The venue, home of the new saints football club.

This lot knocked out Bohs ! ha
They might be going part-time now and releasing half their players and alot of their fans are upset with the team, I thought they were only a pub team the way me mates(who are bohs fans) went on about them before the game,

Anyway goodluck mate

Randers FC v The new saints - First qualifying round Europa league

The draw everyone had been waiting for, the last 14 years has heralded many great things for this Welsh club but during this period they have NEVER got past this stage in Europe. This will be a massive task for Graham's new side.

For anyone who doesn't know about these sort of ties there are three qualifying stages and the weakest teams (unseeded) start earlier then the giant teams are entered into round 3 ... The new saints hope to be in that last final round.

Today after hearing of the draw Graham announced he'd aquired the service's of Watford striker Liam Henderson, agreed a 20k deal for Gillingham wideman Luke Rooney and also signed Stuart Roberts from Carmarthen for 16k. This amount of money is rarely splashed out by such a small club, hopefully a decent european run will prove Graham's purchase's worthwhile.

This lot knocked out Bohs ! ha
They might be going part-time now and releasing half their players and alot of their fans are upset with the team, I thought they were only a pub team the way me mates(who are bohs fans) went on about them before the game,

Anyway goodluck mate

I know mate, a major shock for me i live 5 miles from this club and you honestly wouldnt even know they were on your doorstep. They used to be a village team whilst in Wales but now situated in England could do great things. 4-0 v Bohemians is incredible i was socked beyond belief, they lost tonight v Anderlech 3-1 sadly.

Personally i thought the club was on it's **** so seeing them win baffled me.

Cheers for the goodluck :)

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I've roughly looked through that a few times recently actually, i know my story isn't exactly the most intresting ever but i've only started stories recently.

Not much more i can do other than a brief intro and what the future holds surely ? the season hasn't even began.

I know mate, a major shock for me i live 5 miles from this club and you honestly wouldnt even know they were on your doorstep. They used to be a village team whilst in Wales but now situated in England could do great things. 4-0 v Bohemians is incredible i was socked beyond belief, they lost tonight v Anderlech 3-1 sadly.

Personally i thought the club was on it's **** so seeing them win baffled me.

Cheers for the goodluck :)

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I've roughly looked through that a few times recently actually, i know my story isn't exactly the most intresting ever but i've only started stories recently.

Not much more i can do other than a brief intro and what the future holds surely ? the season hasn't even began.
No its a good start, but just incase you didnt lok at them so you have an idea :)

Okay thanks alot, i'll have a browse furthermore to see how i can improve :)

I'm intrigued to discover your first update in this story. You've made a fairly decent start to the story, so I want more.

Had a few mates from school play for them / youth team or whatever it is.

And shrewsbury thinking about it! (as you support them :p)

Sounds good mate, keep it up

Nice start mate, I will probably check this out from time to time.

European competition kicks off

TNS have kicked off their Europa league qualifying campaign with victory so to speak, after a 1-1 draw away to Randers (Denmark) which was a heavily fought battle with on loan Liam Henderson scoring for Graham's team. The second leg was played at The Venue in front of a staggering 1'000 fans the game was once again a battle and was gripping from start to end, TNS did not waiver though and claimed a truely amazing 0-0 which means they progress to the second qualifying round on away goals.

europa-league.jpg

First leg; Randers 1-1 TNS (Henderson)
Second leg; TNS 0-0 Randers

With The new saints drawn up against Slavija in the next round maybe qualification is possible ?

* Cheers for following guys, much appreciated :)

fingers crossed mate

TNS v Slavija (Bosnia)

teamvprestatyn.jpg

With home advantage for the first leg TNS claimed a somewhat priceless 0-0 draw, some see their football as slightly too defensive at home but manager Graham spoke afterwards saying:

'Look here guys, we drew 0-0 against a team better than us can you ask for anymore than that ? we played defensively the best of our capability and nearly sneaked a goal. Not conceding was our solo aim tonight because the away goals rule but we could of scored and created chances which proved that, we know we need a goal away'

Second leg is set to be held at the SRC Slavija stadium which has a capacity of 7'000 and is being billed as a major game in Bosnia and Wales alike as both teams are hoping for a big team in the next round.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Slavija v TNS second leg.

Another magnificant european away 'victory' for TNS tonight as they drew 1-1 with Slavija and progressed on away goals. The goal on the night was scored by on form Liam Henderson who hit a thunderbolt from edge of area, Graham's men were hanging on for a while but they were victorious at the end of the night after a heroic display, who'd have thought little TNS going to Bosnia and getting the result they needed.

Next tie is against Austria Wien which is a differant kettle of fish and TNS should get slaughtered and learnt how real football is played. Many once again have thrown a slur on Graham's football philosophy saying why so defensive but this has proven the doubters wrong and TNS have risen to the task they were given.

TNS v Austria Wien - 3rd round qualifier leg 1

Expected to lose heavily against a well respected Wien team Graham's men gave a battling display which let to a 1-1 draw this wasnt the best outcome possible as Austria Wien now have away goal to take back to Austria for the second leg which is expected to be as one sided as this. Wien just couldnt put away there chances and young Luke Rooney scored for the new saints.

Eliminated with dignity

Austria Wien showed there brilliance today in a 2-0 win over Europa league hopefuls TNS. The match was even until after the half time break when Wien broke twice to break TNS hearts.

Manager Graham spoke after; 'We have got far this season but next year we will push even harder, you don't get anywhere in life by giving up on your dreams and this is OUR dream. Everyone of my staff especially the players have enjoyed our run which was abit of a european tour in the end with trips to Denmark, Bosnia and finally Austria all in the space of a month. We are fully focussed on the league campaign now'

After the game a club spokesman announced the chairman has decided he feels incapable of performing his role due to the high level of expectation on his head and Mike Harris has bought him out for £120'000. TNS made £148'000 just for losing to Wien add to that the £70'000 per tie beforehand and the new saints are prospering financially. Whilst selling only 49 season tickets the club has made a huge profit before the seasons even kicked off.

Last edited: