hjs13

Reaction score
For some reason my guys are getting 24 shots on goal and score 1 or 2 goals.

How do i get them to score more?

Mate. You're not the only one. My current Barcelona team is wasting a chance a minute and I only end up scoring 2-3 goals while having 30+ shots.

Im with the both of you. My Chelsea team batter teams non stop having about 20-30 shots at goal with about 12 on target. Drives me mad. Hopefully someone comes up with a remedy!

Yep. You've realised one of the shittest bits of FM11. My team will have 25-30 shots on goal, compaerd to the opposition's 3-4 shots. Final score? 1-1...

only things i can say are try to lower your players long shots slider and wait for your strikers to get in form.

My long shots slider is down to "Rarely" but yet thats all they seem to do :S Although I do see some belters in my games.

Try a slower paced game: slower tempo = more time to think about where to place shots

Im glad I am not alone, this has been driving me crazy. The long shots are one thing, but my strikers missing point blank shots at an open goal make me want to punch my screen.

in my madrid game they also constintly miss sitters :(

The reason I don't play FM11.

I think their aim for the game was to **** people off.

It is very annoying as it happens in every game there is nothing realistic about that it has to be a bug....unless of course your stiker is fernando torres (6)

Not a bug at all tbh.
Taught Cavani and Lavezzi some PPM's got rid of some of their others and now they score about a third of their shots.
Hamsik still puts way too many over and stuff though. Turn down long shots, play at a slower tempo and ask them to pass the ball more.

Let's say mentality attacking and tempo quick.

Then, it's same as instructing the player in real life : go and get them, quick, we must get a goal. Now imagine your players have a point blank shoot chance, what will they do? Either they will blast the ball or put it straight at the keeper. They have no composure.

Yes, even for Torres himself. I myself have almost little success with overload mentality due to rushed attack like that.

There are many more factors, for example too much / too little creativity freedom.

As for longshots, try to see whenever such shots are made, whether there are passing options for them.

I think its also because what kind of chances the game clarifies as shots or shots on goal.. there are times i watch match highlight, and the game clarifies ''an impossible to score kinda shot'' as a shot on goal.. e.g. tight angle, crowded penalty box, and long range headers.. not to mention long range shots.. its depend on the tactic priority..
only criticize your strikers ability when they missed MANY clear cut chances..
dont be fooled by number of shots or shots on goal.. even a 'passing like' shot categorized as shot on goal.. :p

these world class players train to play at a quick tempo and put even a half chance away , football manager is ridiculous

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

They were very successful, i bought aguero for 86 million and the second he arrived at my club he was out of contract so i lost 86 million and aguero did not play a single match, some SERIOUS BUGS in this game

Depends on what types of shots you're getting in. If the striker is on a high pace in the moment the tries do bag it he is less likely to score. If so use the touchline shout 'Work Ball into Box'. It will force them to get the striker right in front of the keeper for an easier finish.

I'd be nice to check your player's PPM's too and see if there's something you can do about it. Not to mention his composure, finishing, technique, decisions and balance.

Another recommendation that is ususally given is for you to use the player interaction go give the player an ear-full. Depending on the player it could bring you nice results.