CtPauley

ORVP
Reaction score
Top Premier footie ace is 'on cocaine'

TV show will name
him tonight

By ALEX PEAKE
Published: Today

The identity of a top Premier League footballer who tested positive for cocaine will be revealed tonight.

He was later sold by his club in a multimillion pound deal but his new team were not told of the drug test, a TV investigation claims.

The star will be named by Channel 4 show Dispatches as it focuses on the use of recreational and performance-enhancing drugs in football.

The show claims to have discovered the identities of dozens of footballers who have failed drugs tests for cocaine and cannabis.

Their names have been kept secret by the Football Association and their clubs.
It is also claimed 240 drugs tests had to be abandoned between April 2007 and August 2010 after officials turned up at training grounds to discover the players were not there.

The show claims to have official documents that show three former England internationals and one Scottish star faced doping investigations after suspicious levels of testosterone were found in their urine.

All four were later cleared of wrongdoing.

David Howman of the World Anti Doping Agency said the FA needed to be more open about drug testing.

He added: "If you don't, then you are susceptible to an allegation you're hiding something."

The FA said it abides by the World Anti Doping Agency code.

Top Premier footie ace is 'on cocaine' | The Sun |News

The show claims to have official documents that show three former England internationals and one Scottish star faced doping investigations after suspicious levels of testosterone were found in their urine.
All four were later cleared of wrongdoing.

hang on, if they passed the test and were cleared, wheres the problem?

Even though it's The Sun there's no harm in speculating.

Raul Meireles for moi. Has that look about him. :p

wow.

can't wait too see who it is.

my money's on Andy Carroll. Outside bet's: Vermaelen, Pienaar, Gerrard.

I'm just guessing ^ :)

hang on, if they passed the test and were cleared, wheres the problem?

Think the discussion is more about who this multi million pound footballer is that tested positive.

Any ideas? Believe he will be named in the channel 4 program tomorrow.

Think the discussion is more about who this multi million pound footballer is that tested positive.

Any ideas? Believe he will be named in the channel 4 program tomorrow.

Andy Carroll. I have nothing to substansiate that claim, other than "he looks shifty"

Heskey.

Called it here first.

EDIT: Oooh, it might be Petrov. It'd explain why he can now last 90 minutes.

Do you know what, I'd absolutely **** myself if it was Fernando Torres.

Although honestly, I can't see this show naming anyone, just hype to get people to watch.

Arteta, just because things can't get worse for Arsenal.

I'm bit scared that it may be Nani :(

I think if it was one United player it would be Anderson. He had his wee spell when he was injured when he got in trouble back in Portugal.

The identity of a top Premier League footballer who tested positive for cocaine will be revealed tonight.

He was later sold by his club in a multimillion pound deal but his new team were not told of the drug test, a TV investigation claims.

That bold bit means he has been sold so its rules out a few suggestions.

Balotelli, that's the real reason the mafia wanted to speak to him earlier this week. But it's probably going to be someone **** who's made 1 premier league appearance, either way I don't really care.

whoever it is, if true, and the player was involved in a transfer and the selling club knew he'd been on drugs but witheld this information from the buying club, then surely the buying club can sue?

I think if it was one United player it would be Anderson. He had his wee spell when he was injured when he got in trouble back in Portugal.

Or Valencia, making quick recovery and had no issues with fitness.

Anderson is a big possibility if its ManUtd player :( He is just starting to dominate games in the midfield, hopefully its none of our players..

May as well have a few guesses.

Carroll being the obvious one with his background ;)

Goodwillie - we all know he is a little chav and has history