Dannyborofogg

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was unsure where to post this, so I apologize in advance if there is already a thread open for this.
I am unsure on what tactics to employ this season considering the huge amount of talent i now have.

In regards to previous seasons I have won the premierleague 4 years on the trot. The euro cup in the first season. Community shield 3 times, European super cup twice, FA Cup twice, the champions league once and the club world championship.

Previously I played 4-2-3-1 with Bale and El Shaarawy on the wings with Gylfi CAM and Falcao up front. When Falcao got injured for 4 months early last season Rodrigo filled in perfectly. But with Damiao now added to the squad I am unsure to what would be the best formation and tactics to employ to help keep my hugely talented squad happy.
My squad is

Hugo Lloris,Mattia Perin

Jan Vertonghen, Kyle Walker, Davide Santon, Younes Kaboul, Dede, Steven Caulker, Kurt Zouma, Pepe, Kwadwo Asamoah

Sandro, Jack Rodwell, Leroy Fer, Stephan El Shaarawy, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Will Hughes, Isco, Gareth Bale,

Rodrigo, Falcao, Leandro Damiao.

Any help is appreciated guys.

Thank you

1st of all that's a quality squad you have there.I've just started as spurs and hopefully I can do aswell as you have.
I'm playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with my inside forwards switching throughout the match.I have Bale,Lamela,Lennon and Dempsey and so far it's went well winning 9 in a row.

I think it will be difficult to keep all your squad happy as they will all see themselfs as 1st team regulars.I'd either stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation or goin to a 4-2-2-2 with attacking wingers.I think this would certainly score more goals.

thanks, I sold dempsey jan 13' for 7m didnt really do it for me. I sold Adebayor in the summer of 2013 for 17m as I had rodrigo lined up for a similar fee. Then in january 14' Assou- Ekotto 12.25m Danny Rose 6.25m and Lewis Holtby 11m all off the spurs books to stable the books and allow me to bring in others. Jake Livermore was sold summer 14 for 9m alongside michael dawson who i fetched 7.5m for. In the summer of 15 I managed to get 25m for huddlestone to man city and 22.5m for aaron lennon to real madrid. Both who had done very well for me.

I also enjoy bringing in freebies to flog off the following season or if they are good enough keep them. Weiss was sold for 11.25m Douglas 22.5m Denys Garmash 17.75m. I also still have Leroy Fer Isco Pepe Asamoah and will hughes who were all signed for free.

I have just had a new stadium built and my reserves and youth side are looking very promising. I am just at the start of the new season and have experimented in a few games. Im liking the 4-2-2-2 formation but I adore the 4-2-3-1 as it works so well for me. Let me know how you get on and I shall report back how I am doing :)

Ok alittle update on my game.I'm still on my 1st season but now in Feb the 10th so all my transfers are done for this season.
I'm currently in 1st position in the league 11 points ahead of utd and 14 infront of city with a game in hand of both teams.I went out the league cup in the quarters but through to knockout stages of Europa and to the 5th round of the fa cup.

my transfers in
Erik Lamela 18.5m
Paolo Dybala 13m
Leighton Baines 17.75 m
Leandro Damiao 21 plus 10 m over 48 months.

Players out
David Bentley Loan
Scott Parker 6.5 m
Emmanuel Adebayor 20 m
plus a lot of younger guys out on loan.

Also forgot to add Bale has only played 6 games as he keeps gettin injured.hopefully this doesn't continue plus I signed ospina as back up on a free and comming in the summer

Sounds like you are doing well mate. I'm just in from work and just reached October. I'm top of the league and have gained maximum points 6 wins from 6. Im top of my champions league group, won both games and scored 7 goals conceded 0. Last season FA Cup run i didn't concede a goal in the entire competition. Didn't realise this until after the final! haha

What tactic did u go with then?keep the 4-2-3-1? I think with that team ull be good whatever u play.do u have any good regens signed up?sandro just broke his leg.5 to 6 months out.hope it doesn't make him average once he's back.I'll be finnished my season soon

ye i have stuck with 4-2-3-1 then in the champions league games and cup games i like rotating and sometimes use 4-4-2 I shall post you a few of the regens I have. I'm hoping to get a quality bunch in march. Not had the best so far despite top of the range everything! However I have splashed out on a few young lads

Some good looking prospects there.how's you're season going?
I won the league by 9 points but played all young guys in my last 5 games as I had won the league and lost the last 3 out of 5.I managed to win the Europa aswell by beating athletico Madrid on penalties.I got knocked out of the fa cup in the quarters by city so overall I was delighted.

I was only givin 16 mill for my next season's budgets as I had got a big loan for a new stadium which I move into in 2014.I felt I never needed to many players tho and wanted a few out.

players in.
David Ospina free.
Isco 30.5
Michael Bradley 10.75
Will Hughes 9
plus 3 5 star regens.

Out
Lots of reserve deadwood
Adam Smith 3mill
Brad Friedel 300k
BAE 13 mill
Andros Townsend 2mill
Lewis Holtby 11.25
Clint Dempsey 10
Gomes 2.4
Khumalo 375k
Iago Falcue 1.7
Gylfi Sigurdsson 13.5
David Bentley and Gallas free

:O you sold gylfi! he is one of my best players at the moment, become a right gem :) drew my first game in the league against sheff wed at home! terrible performance. Not been on much tonight but got swansea now away. Seems like you are set nicely for the new season. Hopefully retain the title and maybe even win the super cup. Good luck in the champions league

Yes Im goin to play isco as my Att mid and I need some English youth and will Hughes is rated 4 and a half stars so although hes hound he will get hg status with club I'd think.so he will become back up.I'll let u know how I start but expecting a tough group in the champs league

I have had a terrible last few results. struggling with what side to pick and formation! teams are figuring me out now. Lost to Swansea (who finished 3rd last season by the way) lost to PSG 1-0 and drew with southampton! Creating enough chances so it is very frustrating

How are u playing ur attacking 4?I've changed to 4-2-3-1 now my team is

Lloris,Ospina
Baines,Rose
BPD Vertonghen,Dawson
CD Stopper Kaboul,Caulker

BwM Sandro,Bradley,Livermore
Dlp Dembele,Huddlestone

Winger Left Bale
Inside forward Right Lamela
Lennon covers for both
advanced playmaker Isco,Hughes

poacher Damaio,Defoe,Dybala

I'm trying to stick to my recognised 4-2-3-1 but teams seem to know how to counter that now. I have been having 20+ shots per game still though but under 40% of them are on target. My team is

Lloris
Santon/Vertonghen FB Support
Stopper Dede/Caulker/Pepe
Cover Kaboul/Zouma
Walker FB Support
BWM Sandro/Rodwell/Fer
DLP Sigurdsson/Hughes/ Asamoah
RAM El Sharaawy/ Thiam W
CAM Isco/Hughes/Sigurdsson ADV P
LAM Bale/Rodrigo W
Poacher Falcao/Damaio/ Aaron

Just smashed bolton 7-0!

Sometimes I get off to a slow start each season.I've been beaten in the charity shield and super cup.Chelsea done me on pens and city beat me 3-1 in super cup.doesn't bother me tho and won my 1st 2 league games against Swansea at home 2-1 and Newcastle away 1 nil.

do u have a new stadium and what's your finances like?

yes my stadium was built and finished this summer so july 2016. My finances are very good as selling the players i get for free or players that are growing out of my squad really does sort me out. I try to get more money in from selling players than i do spend on players each season. Which boosts my profits as well

Ye I'll be doing that aswell.most of my signings from now on will be regens.i just took a hit with getting a new stadium so quick.I'll update you after the Jan transfer window

I am coming upto January 17 now. Its very tight at the top 4 points seperates top to 7th. Southampton and Swansea are among the contenders with the top 5. Looking very interesting. Isco is going in january as he has been appauling for me and to be frank I don't have the time to give time to players. I need players who will make a difference straight away. So I got 18.75m for him and Pepe is also going for 750k. Yet again profits on 2 freebies. See what January end of December brings

Love playing as the old Spurs as I am at the moment, luckily Lewandowski was eager to leave Dortmund and I picked him up for 26mil and he's been prolific.