Tottenham Tricks

scottylaw18

Reaction score
Just started a new game with Tottenham on the 9.3 patch and 3 games in, find myself 18th in the league with 1 point :(
Anyone that has had success with Tottenham can they please give me any tips on tactics and training?

My Ins - Mahmadou Sakho £7.5 million
Miguel Veloso - £9 million

My Outs- Ledley King - £7.75 million
Aaronn Lennon - £10 million

I play 442, with Modric playing as an AM and Veloso as a DM in a diamond shaped 4, with Dos Santos on the left and Bentley on the right.

Is this the right way i should be playing for a team like Tottenham?

Cheers

To be fair when you first take over at Spurs you shouldn't really be buying anyone, after they've just gone thru massive player changes, the squad aren't even close to gelling, until they start playing well as a unit, it's gionna be aslmost impossible to win any game no matter what tactic you play!

I took that into account mate, but i thoght Sakho would slot nicely in without any fuss and i thought much the same with Veloso.

Play a 442 with modric on the left wing. Play an attacking style with jenas and palacios in the middle.

Try investing in poloschi aswell or kierison and get rid of Keane and defo imo :) good luck!

I just want to ask how did u get sakho for 7.5m I am trying to sign him now and it looks like it will cost me around 20m he is at start worth 4.5m but psg wont let him go for less than 28m im just trying to negotiate. I thought at first this was because its 9.3 version however u have stated oyurs is 9.3 also so what is it???

Three quarters of the way through my first season:

fm2009-03-3118-39-36-79.jpg

fm2009-03-3118-40-28-23-1.jpg

I only started buying in Jan:

fm2009-03-3118-40-03-14.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Also why did you sell King and Lennon ?

King - Captain/Good player and consistent

Lennon - Great player for the future/Impact sub

And if you did take into consideration the squad needing to gel you wouldnt have signed anyone. Why would Sakho and Veloso be better suited to gelling that anyone other player?

wait till second season to buy ppl gelling is key, before buying any attcking player focus on defence key to a successfull club is a good defencive base then build from there.. onli if you keep a point from a game they all add up.. i play 4-5-1... two defencive mids attacking left, attacking right, centre attack, and stricker.. centre foward runs mixed but try to have good creativity and passing with both of them aswell as good defence and marking.. they can them dominate midfield and stray them passes about i love to see my mids just anchoring them passes about makes it soo fluent...

I'm about six games in I think and I'm coming second.

Havn't really touched the team, brought in Nuno Gomes cheaply as cover because I sold Bent.

I play a 4-4-2 with Lennon on the right, Modric on the left and Palacios and Jenas in the centre.

Tottenham are suited to a wide style of play due to the quality of the wingers (Modric, Lennon) so I would play the wingers out wide rather in the diamond formation.

Looking to secure the services of Paloschi soon.

Pavlyuchenko is scoring heaps, same with Palacios.

can hardly blame the guy for buying two of the best players in the game
all this 'gelling' business is being taken 2 far
they are not real people it is a computer game and veloso has been really good and was in my fans best eleven and sakho has been ok

Palacios more or less plays Veloso's position, so why would you bother? Palacios is almost as good.

can hardly blame the guy for buying two of the best players in the game
all this 'gelling' business is being taken 2 far
they are not real people it is a computer game and veloso has been really good and was in my fans best eleven and sakho has been ok

I find it affects my teams greatly if I bring in a few new players. Takes a good 10 games to start getting consistent results.

Just started a new game with Tottenham on the 9.3 patch and 3 games in, find myself 18th in the league with 1 point :(
Anyone that has had success with Tottenham can they please give me any tips on tactics and training?

My Ins - Mahmadou Sakho £7.5 million
Miguel Veloso - £9 million

My Outs- Ledley King - £7.75 million
Aaronn Lennon - £10 million

I play 442, with Modric playing as an AM and Veloso as a DM in a diamond shaped 4, with Dos Santos on the left and Bentley on the right.

Is this the right way i should be playing for a team like Tottenham?

Cheers

i fort i suffered the same problem but im currently 6th and played 4 games and won 3 angainst hard teams. i reckon the key is tooo start selling players at january so that the team has time to gel as they already been tru heavy changes.

i play a 3 - 5 - 2
with a defenisive midfielder
2 central mids
2 wingers
and its workin for now!!
but has anyone got ne ideas on hu i shud sell in january??? (H)

Just started out Spurs on 9.3, have not bought anyone yet, but trying to sell off defoe, keane, gilberto, cuddicini, rocha & chimbonda.Played 7 matches, won 4, drawn 3, lost 0, currently 3rd place with 15 points. Seems the current squad is good enough so far, manage to beat man utd in the 1st league match LOL, its the only lost that man utd had so far.

using 4-4-2 attacking

attack
pavlyuchenko, bent

midfield
modric left, jenas & palacios center, lennon right

defence
gareth bale left, ledley king & woodgate center, hutton right

Pavlychenko & palacios has been awesome with scoring goals, pavlychenko has scored 7 goals in 5 matches so far. defence is very suspect as they seems to be letting in unnecessary goals, in 1 match i let it 3 goals but luckily pav score hat-trick & palacios score 1 to make it 4-3.

I just want to ask how did u get sakho for 7.5m I am trying to sign him now and it looks like it will cost me around 20m he is at start worth 4.5m but psg wont let him go for less than 28m im just trying to negotiate. I thought at first this was because its 9.3 version however u have stated oyurs is 9.3 also so what is it???
i really belive it depends on your club.. when i tryed to buy it as QPR they asked me for around 7-10m and as man city they ask me 30m+..