dickdastardly

Reaction score
Going to be finishing up my first season with Real Madrid. Using ZeroSea's tactics, primarily the 4411 with Ronaldo as the Wide Mid on the left, where he has dominated. In 44 appearances, he has 36 goals, 22 assists and a 8.03 rating. That said, he's 30 and taking up a large part of my wages. I bought Munir and Reus early in the season to replace Chicharito and Benzema at the end of the season. Should I look at selling Ronaldo while I can still get a mint for him? If so, who should I look to as a long term replacement? Bale is lighting is up on the opposite side, with 22 goals, 35 assists and an 8.05 rating.

If you are going to sell him i suggest getting Gerard Deulofeu, he turns into a machine! But bear in mind whoever you sign wont come anywhere close to Ronaldo in terms of performances, he is after all arguably the best player of our generation.

No problem! Another thing you have to think about is what are you going to make from selling him? Say for instance you only get £70M from selling him and you buy Deulofeu for £30m thats only £40M profit. When you could probably make that from winning La Liga and the Champions League a couple of times?

That's a good point, honestly. If I bring someone in though, I'm looking to hopefully still be in the running for those, but hard to think we have the same chance without Ronaldo. We can make up part of that in salary though if I bring in the right player.

Keep him, be loyal to your players, don't be like chelsea, who are not.

Why would you sell the best player in the world in his prime??

Going to be finishing up my first season with Real Madrid. Using ZeroSea's tactics, primarily the 4411 with Ronaldo as the Wide Mid on the left, where he has dominated. In 44 appearances, he has 36 goals, 22 assists and a 8.03 rating. That said, he's 30 and taking up a large part of my wages. I bought Munir and Reus early in the season to replace Chicharito and Benzema at the end of the season. Should I look at selling Ronaldo while I can still get a mint for him? If so, who should I look to as a long term replacement? Bale is lighting is up on the opposite side, with 22 goals, 35 assists and an 8.05 rating.

Why on earth would you want to do that. No-one ingame even comes close to his level of performances. Heck, back in FM14, I paid 45 Million to get him to United, in the 5th season. And he was still a machine!

Besides, the values you can get for Madrid players ingame, you won't need to be selling Ronaldo..

The best replacement would be Depay,if you're gonna sell Ronaldo.
Anyway he's the second best player in the world,Messi is the best !!!

The best replacement would be Depay,if you're gonna sell Ronaldo.
Anyway he's the second best player in the world,Messi is the best !!!

Please.. Just don't even go there. I can give you countless examples to the contrary that'll probably make you want to put your face in the mud, and I'm pretty sure a Messi fan can do the same for me too. We don't need another **** thread where Messi and Ronaldo are being compared.

As for Depay, I'd recommend against it. Ronaldo atleast has reasonable teamwork, Depay's low teamwork means that that'll be a lot of wasted long shots. Reus is probably a better bet, but again, ingame, for that position, noone else comes close..

When he gets old and his physique starts to deteriorate you can play him as advanced forward and he's going to dominate couple more seasons.

It's just a thought in line with getting wages under control a bit. It's easy to go through being Madrid and just spending money and going into debt. When I do play as a team like Madrid, City, Barca, etc, I like to keep their finances in check.

Please.. Just don't even go there. I can give you countless examples to the contrary that'll probably make you want to put your face in the mud, and I'm pretty sure a Messi fan can do the same for me too. We don't need another **** thread where Messi and Ronaldo are being compared.

Messi is officially better on FM.

TBH i think Messi and Ronaldo are both underrated on FM15 yes they have amazing stats but do you ever seen them do what they do IRL like say 40-60 goals a season?

Maybe it might be worth getting in a star winger like some of the recomended above - spend some of your budget on them, or even look for maybe a regen who is going to be epic and either loan them out of use a rotation for a few years and just use Ronaldo for few more seasons. I mean he'll earn your trophies if you play him for years to come, so if you get like 20/30m less than you'd get currently he'd of earned that for the team while you've had him, but even if you keep him you should always been looking for the 'next ronaldo' anyway!