PurpleAki

Reaction score
I'm managing Southampton and I'm determined to bring through youth players as I've never successfully done it before.

Luke Shaw is the best prospect at the club and yet he has no desire to work with Danny Fox or Dan Harding. The personalities are quite similar so I'm not too sure why, any ideas of what I can do.

Also if anyone has any tips for successfully bringing youth players through I'd be grateful.

Cheers.

I'm not sure why thats happening. Every youth player I have ever asked to work with a senior player has accepted. Could it be down to your manager experience. I have won the Champions league 4 times and the Spanish league 3 times so mabye youth are more inclined to listen to experienced managers?

I have brought through 6 youth prospects into the first team. I did this by playing them in the under 19s from ages 16-18. Then I sent them on loan to my affiliate club Anderlect in Belgium. Then I send them out on loan preferably in La Liga. Then next season I encorporate them into the first team squad.

I'm not sure why thats happening. Every youth player I have ever asked to work with a senior player has accepted. Could it be down to your manager experience. I have won the Champions league 4 times and the Spanish league 3 times so mabye youth are more inclined to listen to experienced managers?

I have brought through 6 youth prospects into the first team. I did this by playing them in the under 19s from ages 16-18. Then I sent them on loan to my affiliate club Anderlect in Belgium. Then I send them out on loan preferably in La Liga. Then next season I encorporate them into the first team squad.
It's working alright with other players, just a couple that won't. I think I'll try leaving them to the U18s this year and send some on loan the year after. I have players like Bigirimana, Josh Carson and Lillian Bochet who I'm already giving minutes to at 17, 18 and 20. Bigirimana is on the verge of becoming a starting XI player anyway, he'll be better than Lewis McGugan by the end of the year.