dave4787

Reaction score
Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but how does qualification work? Does your first team need to win certain trophies in order for your U19's to participate?

I don't think any teams go in to it, it's just there. The real name for it is The NextGen Series

yeah i would also love to know this, IRL man united will be entering next season. Ive also tried editing the active teams in data editor without much luck. anyone know how to help?

My Man City U19's have been in it for first 2 seasons, but Man Utd are in it in my second season and i've noticed that Celtic aren't, there must be some sort of qualification requirement?

the only long term saves i had have been lowered league, so i havnt checked whos in it now. are united defiently in it second time around. this under 19 champions league has to be one of the best additions this year

Yes they definately were on my save, i beat them in the quarter final :) and yes it is a very good addition, i think thats the way forward for Football Manager, more youth competitions. This competition has made me really focus more on my youth, previously i've just put them on training schedules, give them a mentor then wait for first team injuries or Carling Cup games to play them, now i'm managing my reserve team squad in these games and my youth (in particular Carlos Fierro) are coming on leaps and bounds.

I'm just about to start a new save as Stockport County, maybe i should set getting my reserves into this competition as a goal in this save? Just need to find out how to qualify!

tried going onto fmscout to find an answer, in their forum they had only 5 threads in the last months lol, pure dung

FM Base FTW!!

hopefully one of the mods might see this and know how the qualification works

Maybe i should've named the thread something offensive, might have got seen straight away lol.... Could do with knowing early on in my Stockport save so i can prepare for it, or if its just random i can save money on my youth investment to start with? I just don't want to go into it unprepared, Barcelona U19's just put 9 past Red Star U19's!

I know this is an old thread but we there was no real answer to the original question. Anyone know how it works?

I personally assume it's based on the esteem of your team in your nation and whether you're academy is top notch. I managed Red Star and my U19s were always in it though I did win the domestic double both seasons.

How else can you explain Man City emerging into it (AKA, top notch facilities bought quickly, and youngsters drafted in) whilst teams like DInamo and Red Star are in it often if not always aswell? (Established as well known youth academies in their region/nation)