Unemployed Challenge - From the Bottom to the Top

AidyMurf

Reaction score
Hello everyone :) This is my first manager story of Football Manager 2014. I have enjoyed success with Celtic in this edition of FM - 3 Leagues, 2 Cups , 2 League Cups and a Quarter Final of the Champions League. But in this story I want to have a go at something I've never tried in FM before... Starting unemployed and as a Sunday League Footballer and one day make it as a top manager at a top club. I think it's quite a cool challenge and is realistic as you begin as a lot of managers in real life have and it can be a very exciting adventure as I believe I'll face many challenges, ups and downs throughout every season!

The leagues I have loaded are -

England - Premier League to Skrill N/S
Germany - Bundesliga to Third Division
Italy - Serie A to Serie C2
Spain - La Liga to Second Division B

Let's hope it doesn't take too long to find the right club, and I hope you enjoy my story. Any advice is appreciated! :)

That's an idea I should give a go myself. Looking forward to seeing how your job hunting goes!

That's an idea I should give a go myself. Looking forward to seeing how your job hunting goes!

Cheers, hope you follow the story. Starting the season now. Step into the complete unknown for me but I suppose that makes it a bit more interesting for anyone following!

View attachment 354878

GUISELEY APPOINT MURPHY

On a cold wet day in the 22nd of February 2014 Guiseley slumped to 13th in the Skrill North after a 2 - 2 draw with Leamington. And that was it for Mark Bower a popular player manager of Guiseley as Steve Parkin decided enough was enough and that this little club needed a man with fresh ideas. According to a local newspaper Parkin spent the next 2 days scouring through the hundreds of job applications until he found Aidan Murphy, an Irish man, 31 years of age, fresh from successfully obtaining his coaching badges. Parkin decided this was his man, this was the guy who could bring Guiseley to a new level. However when news broke that Parkin opted for a former Sunday League Footballer Aidan Murphy the response in the local newspaper was ''Parkin turns to Sunday League Flop'. One local was as skeptical 'Surely Guiseley aren't appointing another inexperienced man to try and guide them out of Skrill North' said one local while another added ' We don't even know who this guy is, Parkin has lost it!'.

Official Statement from Guiseley AFC Twitter Account and Website

''We are delighted to announce Aidan Murphy (31) as the new manager of Guiseley. With the club spiraling downwards into a precarious position in the league the club have identified Murphy as the ideal man to take the club forward for the reminder of this season and next season. We hope that all fans give Aidan the chance to succeed as we believe his attacking philosophy, coupled with his ambitions to take Guiseley to the next level will bring this club to new heights. We will be holding a short press conference at Nethermoor tomorrow morning. Thank you for your support''