Ways to Improve World Football

There 100% needs to be some form of rules and regulations for lower league clubs, involving finances. How many times a season, do we see a club in administration or on the verge of administration? I'm not sure how the FA/UEFA could do to this, but I'd say, if a club does go into administration, the owner/s of that club shouldn't be allowed to run a club again.

I'm not sure what you mean about "silver goal - extra time"? I think extra time and penalties are ideal.

Well that's what some of my friends call this extra time rule... Before it was amazing when they played and they enter extra time knowing that the person who scores first is winner... I personally preferred that system to todays

Lose the one point for a draw - If you don't win, you don't get points. It's that simple. Should put an end to teams just defending for 90 minutes
That's a bad idea, I reckon. Some teams know they cannot win and hold out for the draw. If you don't win, you don't deserve to win. If you draw, you obviously deserve it.

Goal Line Technology - A good idea, I think. It would cut out the arguments.

Video Replays - Same as above.

Salary Cap - I hate teams like Man City who are built entirely out of money, they have no history, etc. I know most clubs are built on money, but City waste it all without a thought. However, this will not be popular and although I say I'd like it to happen, I think it will ruin the sport. A poor club can get a load of money for one of their players, making their finances better. But this would equal fairer leagues, which is good. I still disagree though.

Replace Sepp Blatter [and Michel Platini] - We all blame him, but none of us know what it's like to be president, so we can't really slate him because we may do the same in his shoes.

Mid-Season Break - Players get out of fitness and if they are on form when they enter the break, they may go off form again. So I disagree.

Stop Cards for Goal Celebrations - Taking your shirt off is stupid, no point really. Also, some goal celebrations annoy the opposition fans and take too long. But I say dish them out less, but still have them.

More Games on Free TV - Sky and Premier League clubs make money from this, you can't just do that. Also, if you can't afford it, watch it on the internet. If you can't do that, tough, it's your fault you haven't got a good job (if you can't afford it).

Declare the Fees Behind Each Transfer - Agreed.

Season and Matchday Ticket Prices - Clubs make money from this, especially 'small clubs' like Blackpool.

Kits Should Not Change Every Season - Same as above, clubs need the money from kit sales and new sponsors.

Simplify the Offside Rule - It is pretty simple already, but yeah, make it clearer to the players.

Lose the Away Goals Rule - Away goals is good, it is hard to score in a hostile environment, so if you do, you deserve to win by it.

MAKE PLAYERS SING THEIR NATIONAL ANTHEM - Agreed. This is problem mostly in richer countries, where players only care about money.

Change WC Qualifying - Disagreed. San Marino & co. would ruin the WC.

Concentrate on Grass Roots - Agreed.

Some of your points are good, but not achievable. There has to be a loser to be a winner.

Another thing which i believe Wenger has said a few times (one of the only things i agree with him on) is points should be awarded if you score more goals etc. Say if you win 4-0 you should get 4 points. I would say add an extra point for every goal you score after 3. Would make the table much more intresting as its not just big sides that win big sometimes, remember the Newcastle 6-0 Villa scoreline. It would be a massive change but would make the table intresting and make teams attack for the whole 90mins insted of maybe sitting on a 1goal lead.

Another thing which i believe Wenger has said a few times (one of the only things i agree with him on) is points should be awarded if you score more goals etc. Say if you win 4-0 you should get 4 points. I would say add an extra point for every goal you score after 3. Would make the table much more intresting as its not just big sides that win big sometimes, remember the Newcastle 6-0 Villa scoreline. It would be a massive change but would make the table intresting and make teams attack for the whole 90mins insted of maybe sitting on a 1goal lead.
Maybe, but then flukey teams would get points they don't deserve. If you win, you win and so you deserve 3 points, no matter how you get the win.

Following recent controversy during World Cup qualifying, the World Cup itself and in numerous leagues around the globe, everyone has their own opinions on how football should be improved.
Whether it's the way the sports is organized, officiated or played, there are always different changes that could help and make football better for both fans and players.

Arguably the biggest problem in modern football is the business side of the game. Ultimately the fans are paying the price of clubs being taken over and owners spending huge amounts of money to try and be the best in the world, and that is through ticket costs.

Here are some ideas that I think would make the 'Beautiful Game' so much better -
Goal Line Technology - Quite possibly the most talked about issue in football today. So many goals are not given that should be, and vice-versa, and that would clear any doubts up. Tennis and Cricket both use similar technologies to great effect.

Video Replays - Not just for the goals, but for those off-the ball incidents, or marginal offside and penalty decisions.

Salary Cap - So many players are holding clubs to ransom. The cap has worked wonders in the MLS.

Replace Sepp Blatter - Probably the biggest problem in world football. Blatter may have made one or two positive moves for football during his long term in office at the FIFA Headquarters, his recent record of decisions and quotes has proven that he may not be the man for the job anymore. The main ones being the World Cup decisions of 2018 and 2022.

Mid-Season Break - So many continental leagues benefit from mid-season breaks, from the Med to the Scandinavian nations. The underachievers at the World Cup was England. A league without that mid-term break.

Stop Cards for Goal Celebrations - Very simple. Some players score goals once in a blue moon, and are restricted to how they can celebrate.

More Games on Free TV - Not everyone wants/can afford Sky. And many don't see the Premier League action without going to the pub.

Declare the Fees Behind Each Transfer - Almost every transfer nowadays is of an 'undisclosed fee'. With the corruption seen(ie Faurlin, Tevez etc), and suspicious moves(players moving for fractions of their value), this would provide clarity to many a fan.

Season and Matchday Ticket Prices - Cap them in accordance with the level of competition. Tickets are now priced extortionately, that the average man can barely attend his beloved team as much as he would like.

Kits Should Not Change Every Season - So many clubs change the home and away kits every season. At 50 quid a pop, this can become an extremely expensive purchase.

Simplify the Offside Rule - No arguments from anyone. t would have to be made very clear to players what is offside, but there should be no added rules as to what is onside and what is offside.

Lose the Away Goals Rule - So often it is seen that a first leg away goal settles so many great games. Instead of teams having to attack more, the rule has led to teams actually playing far more defensively in fear of conceding a goal which, despite a draw over two legs, could send them out of an important competition.

MAKE PLAYERS SING THEIR NATIONAL ANTHEM - It is awful when you see players stood whilst the anthem of their nation is playing, and they just stand there. There should at least be enough patriotism and respect shown by the players to sing the national anthem of the country that has given them so much.

Change WC Qualifying - Some people have suggested a two-stage European qualification competition for example, giving smaller nations like San Marino another round before having to play the "big guns" of European football. It would give them more of a chance to pit themselves against teams their level and would stop embarrassing results with each international break.

Concentrate on Grass Roots -So many talented kids give up the game due to lack of organised events and so on for them to attend and help them progress. Look at USA. The college sports are up there with the NBA, NFL and NHL in terms of ratings etc.

Enough of my ramblings....what do you think FIFA/UEFA/FA could change or introduce to make the game better?

Agree with all except salary caps and limiting how many times they can change kit.

I personally hate the away goal rule. It is so annoying when the club you support go out when they didnt even lose either leg e.g when Chelsea and Barca drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge back in 2009 and 0-0 at Nou Camp.

Is that not the function of goal difference? If you tie on points it acts as a 'bonus point' if you have a greater goal difference. Forcing teams to attack would just ruin a big part of the metagame and tactical decisions.

Maybe, but then flukey teams would get points they don't deserve. If you win, you win and so you deserve 3 points, no matter how you get the win.

But maybe the point is if you win by 4-5clear goals you arnt flukey? Im on about clear wins too so say if you win 4-1 you still only get 3 points. But if you win 6-1 you get 5 points and so on. Im not saying its the right thing to do im just saying it could possibly make it more entertaining, trial period in the Conference for a season or somthing.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Is that not the function of goal difference? If you tie on points it acts as a 'bonus point' if you have a greater goal difference. Forcing teams to attack would just ruin a big part of the metagame and tactical decisions.

Maybe, but the DF would still be implamented because of the teams who still win 1 or 2 nil in games.

Replace Sepp Blatter [and Michel Platini] - We all blame him, but none of us know what it's like to be president, so we can't really slate him because we may do the same in his shoes.

Season and Matchday Ticket Prices - Clubs make money from this, especially 'small clubs' like Blackpool.

Blatter has blatantly took backhanders to get the WC to Russia and Qatar(two nations filled with oil-rich billionaires, and neither have the infrastructure to host an event, unlike England, Spain, Australia and USA.

I was looking more towards the 'bigger clubs', who charge extortionate prices for games.

Goal Line Technology - No, the refs, refs assistants and all the others should be able to spot a goal. When they cant dont give it.

Video Replays - Same as above.

Salary Cap - Yes, would make football more competitive.

Replace Sepp Blatter - Yes

Mid-Season Break - No, id miss my football, the game have to be played anyway. It wont make a difference really, its just one of Englands excuses for not winning.

Stop Cards for Goal Celebrations - Yes to a point.

More Games on Free TV -Will never happen, clubs wont have as much money so we as fans will have to pay for it.

Declare the Fees Behind Each Transfer - Yes, it frustrating not knowing if your team have pulled off a coup or wasted a money on an average player.

Season and Matchday Ticket Prices - With lower tickets, less TV money, less kit money where will team get there money? If the prices are lowered then there will be more demand. The demand will be more than the amount that can fit in the stadium. Then you have people buying and selling tickets for a profit. So the richer fans once again will get there tickets. Only difference being the club lose money.

Kits Should Not Change Every Season - Celtics change the way Calum said, I though most clubs did. 1 new home every two years and a new away every year that will be used as the home kit. I am happy to pay them. Like said before you dont have to buy them, if you cant afford them dont buy them.
Its like asking for Aston Martin to be cheaper, I really want one but I cant afford it. They should lower the price.

Simplify the Offside Rule - It needs to be complicated to football to be played correct, just teach the ref and his assistants how to use it.

Lose the Away Goals Rule - Yes, both teams have to play at home and away so neither gets and advantage in the long run. It is unneeded.

MAKE PLAYERS SING THEIR NATIONAL ANTHEM - The players should, but they cant be made. They can sign what they like.

Change WC Qualifying - Sound like a good idea.

Concentrate on Grass Roots -I dont play Soccer so dont know/car much about grassroots.

Independent match review/disciplinary panel - These are in place for if the ref missed the incedent, if the ref seen it but did nothing then that is down to the refs negligence.

Move the penalty spot back - But when players are down in the box they more than likely had a good goal scoring chance. Keepers are saving more penalties lately, I no longer see it as an automatic goal.

Make U18's and reserve cup comps mean something - They already mean something, if you make them to important then teams will put to much importance on them rather than using them for development like they should be used for. You would have City buying someone for 3mil to rape the reserve leagues.

Fewer International friendlies but more or longer National team training camps - Playing games together is the fastest way to develop a conection in the way they play.

Improve the Europa League revenue- Yes

Lose the one point for a draw - No, teams sometimes dont have the skill to beat a team. Also if team 1 plays very defensive resulting in a 0-0 game, team 2 who attacked at every time got no points :S

Mandatory, capped min fee release clauses - No, if the player agrees to a price in is contract then it is his own fault if he cant get a buyer when it turns sour.

Get back the golden goal rule instead of so called "silver goal - extra time" Yes, golden goal in the world cup <3

^^ How can you say that a goal shouldn't be given, when it's human error preventing the laws of the game being adhered to?

And how exactly does a salary cap make more competition? Unless you mean competition of more average players, as the better players will naturally gravitate to a league where they can maximise their earning potential. The only failure in competition at the moment is teams like City massively inflating the market through short term spending. By stopping this, you're discriminating against clubs like Arsenal who spend their time building a **** fine business model. Hardly fair, is it? The FFP rules are the perfect blend of this, they prevent City spending when their revenue can't match the spending, and they allow teams with financial prudence to maintain themselves.

I think they should change the name from "Friendlys" to "FIFA Ranking match" because calling it a friendly seems like it doesn't mean anything but it does mean something when a team is trying to improve their international rank, it makes it more meaningful to the players too and they may give better performances instead of thinking its just a friendly