AidyMurf

Reaction score
View attachment 730563

West Ham appoint Aidan Murphy on a 1 year deal!

West Ham fans were left stunned when experienced Premier League Sam Allardyce was replaced by former Irish International Aidan Murphy. Murphy whose glittering playing career was caught short at 27 years of age due to a serious knee injury has been working his way up the West Ham ranks by managing the youth teams. Enjoying great success the West Ham board have decided to replace Mr Allardyce with the fans favourite Murphy. Murphy who scored 123 goals in 142 games for West Ham will be meeting with the media later to discuss his plans for the present, future, potential signings, potential departures and board objectives.

Jim White: Okay we are going to be crossing over to Upton Park for the press conference for new manager Aidan Murphy.

Journalist: Hello Aidan, how are you feeling to be trusted at a young age without relative managerial experience at the highest level to manage your former team West Ham?

Me: I am obviously very pleased to be trusted by the board to take the job. They've been analysing my success with the youth teams and feel this club is ready for a sustained period of success.

Journalist: Are you feeling pressure to carry on the great work by Sam Allardyce and more importantly replicate your form as a player as a manager?

Me: Sam did a wonderful job, taking West Ham from the Championship to 10th and 13th in the Premier League. I hope to continue and improve on this in the upcoming seasons. Regarding pressure, I honestly don't feel any. My playing days are over and I have a very good squad who I believe can go right to the top.

Journalist: Have you discussed any potential transfer targets with the board?

Me: I will be sitting down with the board in the next few days to discuss potential transfer targets and potential departures. However at this moment I am very happy with the squad.

Journalist: Obviously as a prolific striker you have inherited a pool of talented strikers, notably Andy Carroll who hasn't really performed in recent seasons, are you confident of making Andy a success?

Me: Absolutely, Andy is a sensational striker. For me he is one of the best strikers in the Premier League and I believe he will show this under my management. Firstly though he will need to get Andy match fit and then the goals will come.

Journalist: With West ham moving into the Olympic Stadium in 2016 Premier League football is imperative, have the board discusses this with you?

Me: Yes, the board and myself have to be realistic and ensure that Premier League football next season is ensured before we look at anything other possibilities, so at this moment I am not thinking about any other aims than this.

Jim White: That's it from Upton Park at the moment and I'm sure this will not be the last time we hear about the new man in charge, Aidan Murphy!

That's my start of my story guys. Hope you didn't bore off during my press conference! I will hopefully analyse the first team, U21s, U18s and staff later on today. Perhaps get a few pre season games done and have some activity in the transfer market, Hope you guys enjoyed it! :)

Looks like a good start to me mate,
Good luck