What attacking corner setup are you using in FM 2012?

fragnot

Reaction score
I got a beast concerning heading, jumping, height etch.. Id love to make him score more on corners.

Does anyone got any experience in this?

Right now im kicking the ball to near post, where he attacks near post aswell, but BLEH! :mad:

I usually have my best central defender 'Challenge Keeper' and then have my corners in at the 6 Yard Box. On FM11 it worked wonders, and for Arsenal I was bagging at least 20 goals a season between my defenders.

On FM12 I've scored a few pre-season, and will let you know how it goes after I've tested it against the top PL sides.

I usually have my best defender attack the near post and also cross them there
having a tall player marking the keeper and crossing in the 6yard box also works
always try to have a player with good long shots (preferably a midfielder) lurk outside

from my experience with the demo - the near post trick is nowhere near as effective as before

Challenge Keeper is working. I have 5 goals in 4 games. Will test further and post the set-up tomorrow

Send your corners to the far post and get your best header to attack it. Get your second best header to challenge the keeper and another one to attack from deep.

Chances are that when the corner is played, the far post guy normally headers it back into the way of the challenge keeper guy or the guy attacking from deep to finish off for the goal.

Send your corners to the far post and get your best header to attack it. Get your second best header to challenge the keeper and another one to attack from deep.

Chances are that when the corner is played, the far post guy normally headers it back into the way of the challenge keeper guy or the guy attacking from deep to finish off for the goal.

I'm using similar setup, but I set a striker to atack goalkeeper, and second-best header at the near post (best header is often shoting the ball there and he's finishing).
Subotić in my BVB game have a 14 goals in 21 matches. I'm using him to run into a far post.