What Stats Each Training Section Works On.

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
Here is a list of each training segment, and which stats each one concentrates on. Some of you may know this, but there are still a few who arent too sure. It can help immensly if you plan on making your own schedules, or if you want to tweak another to try to improve a player in a certain way.

STRENGTH
- Strength
- Stamina
- Work Rate
- Natural Fitness

AEROBIC
- Agility
- Acceleration
- Pace
- Jumping
- Reflexes
- Balance
GOALKEEPING
- Handling
- Aerial Ability
- One on Ones
- Kicking
- Throwing

TACTICS
- Anticipation
- Communication
- Teamwork
- Off The Ball
- Positioning
- Command of Area
- Communication
- Decisions
- Off The Ball
- Positioning
- Rushing Out

BALL CONTROL
- Technique
- Dribbling
- First Touch
- Flair
- Heading
- Technique
- Teamwork

DEFENDING
- Concentration
- Marking
- Tackling

ATTACKING
- Creativity
- Passing

SHOOTING
- Composure
- Finishing
- Long Shots

SET PIECES
- Crossing
- Corners
- Free Kick Taking
- Long Throws
- Penalty Taking

As you may see, there are five attributes that are not listed above. These are not affected by training in any way, and these are:
- Aggression
- Determination
- Eccentricity
- Influence
- Tendency to Punch(GKs)

These stats can, however be affected by tutoring. For example, If a player has a high Aggression stat, and is tutoring a younger player, the chances are that the youngster will often pick up that stat.
(thanks to Jake:D)
Hope this helped :)

Quality stuff, Nice 1... But r u sure creativity and passing are the only things attacking works on?

Quality stuff, Nice 1... But r u sure creativity and passing are the only things attacking works on?

Yes. All the other stats you would expect to fall in there, fall into other categories.

As you may see, there are five attributes that are not listed above. These are not affected by training in any way, and these are:
- Aggression
- Determination
- Eccentricity
- Influence
- Tendency to Punch(GKs)

These can be affected by tutoring though. For example pairing a youngster with low determination with an experienced player who has a high determination stat, will often see the youngsters determination improve.

Great thread man, wasn't sure of a few of them. Was surprised to only see two in Attacking, but thinking of it now is obvious. Nice one (H)

Theses can be affected by tutoring though. For example pairing a youngster with low determination with an experinced player who has a high determination stat, will often see the youngsters determination improve.

Yes. But this is concentrated on training schedules, rather than tutoring. I will add that bit to the bottom :)

Nice thread Stu, i think with this now all cleared, i might have a little go at making a training schedule.

Thanks.

Nice thread Stu, i think with this now all cleared, i might have a little go at making a training schedule.

Thanks.

This is the main aim of the thread. It means more people can have a go at the training, which is IMHO the trickiest part of the game.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

If anyone wants to sticky this, they are free to.:)

GREAT stuff mate, really helpful thread, simplifies it all to avoid confusion.

learnt a few things myself from it ;)

If you do individual training schedules 4 ur players, it actually really helps. I tried it and although it takes some time it is definitely worth it, u can develop a player on certain things you want them to be good at.
good thread :)

Very good thread, I'm very surprised to see that attacking only covers those 2 stats, are you sure? If you are why?

For example, flair. Flair is a mental stat, so it's very hard for me to believe technical training would improve a mental attribute, I would expect flair to come under attacking. Same for teamwork. I maybe wrong, just an observation.

This is an absolutely brilliant thread and I am definetly gonna make use of it for some training schedules.

Thank you Jake and StuW.

you cant train flair or natural fitness either. though it is possible for flair to increase over time

you cant train flair or natural fitness either. though it is possible for flair to increase over time

Techniquely you can if you are training dribbling and technique, a player has more flair to their game, better to watch, if you know what I mean, not saying your wrong you might be right but I just think that would certainely affect a players flair.

Techniquely you can if you are training dribbling and technique, a player has more flair to their game, better to watch, if you know what I mean, not saying your wrong you might be right but I just think that would certainely affect a players flair.

I think thats true to a point. However I dont think flair players HAVE to be good at dribbling, having a high flair player means he does out of the orderinary things and tries stuff that other players wouldnt.

Edit - Just though of an example, for instance flicking the ball with the heel to score. Or Ronaldinho's pass with his back YouTube- Ronaldinho Back Pass, Literally heres the link.

I think thats true to a point. However I dont think flair players HAVE to be good at dribbling, having a high flair player means he does out of the orderinary things and tries stuff that other players wouldnt.

Edit - Just though of an example, for instance flicking the ball with the heel to score. Or Ronaldinho's pass with his back YouTube- Ronaldinho Back Pass, Literally heres the link.

Yes but that is all technique which makes my point valid again because I mentioned both.

These can be affected by tutoring though. For example pairing a youngster with low determination with an experienced player who has a high determination stat, will often see the youngsters determination improve.

Didn't know that tendency to punch was affected by that. Interesting.

Some of those attributes can also be changed by ingame events and even by inmatch events. (eg you may see determination go up or down via reactions to player interaction menu choices).

quality work, certianly useful

cheers mate