Who will win World cup 2014 and quick question.

Does football(soccer)need haw eye(goal line technology).

• Yes

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
Not meaning to be offensive but I do not see any productiveness in not using techonology to enhance football.

When we see an offside goal or a wrongly allowed or disallowed goal, we do not see any extra spice in the game, we see lies, what we just witnessed is, according to the rules of the game, FALSE.

We have falsity in so many sectors of society, from corporations to politics, can't we have one bastion where truth is the emperor? Can't sports be the pioneer? For me I shall always prefer truth above everything else.

Cool I've never had an argument of mine described as ''ridonkulous'' - I like that word. Anyway I didn't say that the game is better becuse it's flawed.. I just said that I draw a greater satisfaction from it because it's flawed. The same reason you draw greater satisfaction from driving with traction control/ESP off: it is not right, not advisable but still more satisfactory. I just couldn't watch a game with a perfect ref, but that's just me and maybe I have a totally wrong sense of what is good and what not. In sunday's final sometime in the second half bonucci clearly stops ramos header with his hand and the ref won't give the penalty. I believe he had seen the play but realised that if spain went 3-0 up the game would lose all interest. It's that type of error (or choice) that makes me enjoy the game more as it is

I do actually understand where your coming from, but the fact that a hard working team could potentially have their entire season altered by one incorrect goal just seems flat out wrong and unfair to me. Sometimes refs are just horrible and make numerous bad decisions, which I suppose will always be the case; but sometimes I believe none of the refs actually saw if the ball crossed the line and they just have to go with their best educated guess. I understand what your saying about how sometimes these guesses make it more interesting, but to base an incredibly important result on whether or not a ref thinks a team deserves a goal is completely unfair to BOTH teams.

1. Brazil
2. They're hosting it and have a wealth of talent pooring through that will become good before 2014.
3. Neymar, Oscar, Lucas Moura.
4. Like watching them play.

Goal line technology has been confirmed for Intercontinental Tournaments.

1. Portugal
2. Ronaldo will want international silverware to lament his position (that he already holds imo) as the best player ever. Moutinho is ridiculously understated, and will be in his prime pulling teams apart. They deserved to beat Spain when considering how long each team DOMINATED for, IMO, it was 45mins Portugal (1st half) 2nd half was equally sluggish, ET of 30mins was Spain, therefore, Portugal deserved it. Thats my opinion and I think the team has real talent, hopefully Oliviera will be more mature and be a proper striker unlike Postiga (LOL).
3. Moutinho, of course Ronaldo is the match winner, but the midget magician Moutinho is the key man to get the team ticking and that man Ronaldo 1on1 with the keeper.
4. Not the best individuals, but were by far the most watchable team for me at the Euros just gone and they have not the best but enough talent to win and I think they will.

1. Portugal
2. Ronaldo will want international silverware to lament his position (that he already holds imo) as the best player ever. Moutinho is ridiculously understated, and will be in his prime pulling teams apart. They deserved to beat Spain when considering how long each team DOMINATED for, IMO, it was 45mins Portugal (1st half) 2nd half was equally sluggish, ET of 30mins was Spain, therefore, Portugal deserved it. Thats my opinion and I think the team has real talent, hopefully Oliviera will be more mature and be a proper striker unlike Postiga (LOL).
3. Moutinho, of course Ronaldo is the match winner, but the midget magician Moutinho is the key man to get the team ticking and that man Ronaldo 1on1 with the keeper.
4. Not the best individuals, but were by far the most watchable team for me at the Euros just gone and they have not the best but enough talent to win and I think they will.

They didn't "deserve" to beat Spain, and no, even if Portugal does win the 2014 World Cup Ronaldo won't be the undisputed best ever.

1. Spain
2. They're one of the best squad that could ever be assembled in the decade
3. Hopefully Busquets will shine in the tournament as his age reaches 25 by the time of the tournament
4. Love to see them playing Brazil at Maracana for the final and while Brazil leads 1-0 in the first half they become complacent and as Spain reverses the score in the second half everyone will talk about the 1950 'finals'.
5. Yes, goal line technology is urgently needed, because a "Wembley Tor" is a lifetime shame for the referee and an everlasting pain for the losing team.