Why does playing away mean my team turns to ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Seriously. No mattter how good the players?

Please please please dont put this down as "learn to play" bs - because yes, cant win every game yadda yadda, but no matter how good your players (player skill ability still matters right?) as soon as its away, tactics are suddenly ***** and the other team plays like it's easy mode on FIFA.

And dont say, "in real life Madrid and Barca lose etc" - yes they do, but not in the manner stacked teams do in FM (meaning, no matter hwo good your away team is, and no matter the big discrepancy, they will ******* die/lose); 7-1, 4-0 etc; when playing away. I mean, why else do teams in real life try to get good players? I know! COS ABILITY MATTERS!

Honestly.

Please try not top respond like you're defending the game like it's part of your family.

Truly try to think of this objectively.And SOMEONE PLEASE COME UP WITH A REAL EXPLANATION.

The "real" explanation is that it is different playing home and away. Player skills matter and so does tactics. Having said that, AI teams will approach you differently depending on whether they play at home or away, so you need to take that into account.

Cause the game is wank.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sorry the ME is, the game is actually brilliant

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The home/away factor influences the probability of the result too much compared to IRL where it doesn't matter 'that' much. The Champions League legs are the perfect example. The amount of times I've been beaten 3,4,5-0 away in the first leg and ended up going through by winning the home leg by an even bigger margin shows its impact. With the same tactic and line-up from both sides.
One thing I would say that needs to be improved in FM2015, as well as rebalancing the home/away thing is improving defensive tactics. I find in this years FM that I can never go to a tough away match and grind out a result by 'parking the bus' like teams IRL do. I end up getting hammered. I have a better chance going all out attack than I would by going defensive. This is why I never create a defensive tactic as they seem ineffective in my experiences. Part of this IMO is down to the amount of chances that are created out of ease in this year's version. The game got criticised for the amount of times strikers would miss chances but the goals that were scored were never excessive, but the chances missed were. And because it is so easy to create chances, both player and AI, this is why I find the real defensive tactics to be somewhat worthless.

some players just can't stand the pressure from opponent's fans.

of course it happens and just like IRL , why do you think that real madrid - bvb 2013/2014 ended 3-2 while real madrid won at the bernabeu 3-0!!
of course it do in the game i mean when you play home you'll notice that your players morale are very good . because of all that fans cheering for them
i mean the last season on the CL i was beating by MAN CITY 2-1 at the ETIHAD stadium and when we played at Allianz i beated the 4-0 !!
and i didn't make one single change
but the most effective way to reduce the damage and maybe win in the away match is to destroy your opponent moral ( to do that you need to play possession ball tactic)

Of course it's different, I have 2 tactics a home & away one, the away one seeks to retain possession more as it always seems like opponents are more comfortable & front at home, just like IRL..

I going to take an educated guess and say your using one tactic here? you need to set up differently away from home be slightly ore defensive. Its purely tactical.

Status
Not open for further replies.