World class player prices a bit off?

SIF4EVER

Reaction score
I'm trying to sign a world class centre back to play alongside Pique at Barcelona. I'm trying to sign either Hummels, Thiago Silva or Kompany. So far without any luck, despite having 37 million to offer up front, and about 14 in monthly installments. I eventually figured out that a deal probably wouldn't happen, so I tried bidding a sum for Hummels that would make him the most expensive player in history by far. Just for fun to see if Dortmund would still decline.

View attachment 462076
And so they did!

Same story with Thiago Silva, even though my scouts estimated PSG were prepared to let him go for between 35 and 53 million.

I tried to make a deal more likely by sucking up to Pellegrini, Klopp and Blanc, but I can't seem to find out how to comment on them in the media in this edition. None of the managers have a negative opinion of me btw.

Any ideas on how to sign such players? I'm all out of ideas at this point as no of the clubs are interested in trading, either.

Edit: I was wondering if this would be considered a bug or not, and therefore go in the bugs you've come across thread? Sorry for the inconvenience if it should.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Ive seen this numerous times on the BETA and I found when lowering the offer and suggesting terms they seem to come back with the offer being acceptable..

I bid like 200 million for Neymar & Barca still turned it down

I understand they wanna keep him....But as they say everyone has a price & in real life im sure if someone offered 200 million Barca would struggle to say no

Thanks for the advice Rob. I tried it out, but to no avail. They still reject my offers on the grounds that they deem them unacceptable.

Exactly Raymondo, I just tried offering 200 million for Hummels. They rejected it..

EDIT: The manager thought 200 million wasn't enough, but the board accepted the offer because it was to good to turn down a few days afterwards..