Young Parents

EDIT: Judging by the below I have to doubt whether the OP is mature enough... (from FA Coaching Course Level 1 thread)

This was 3 years ago...I am a fully qualified level 3 fitness instructor now and that was not easy!

Last edited:
Well there isn't anything wrong but the reality is having a child so young yourself can have drastic effect on your life things you would have been able to do will have to be sidelined or are much harder to do like going university or when you first start working so you are going to take a hit financially. I am 22 and can't imagine having a child now wish you luck.

congrats on your kid :D i think there's nothing wrong with having a child at 18-20 although it's much harder to go to the university as unbidden pointed out. BUT, in history it often happened that even 12-14 year old children had their children and THAT is absurd so I guess it's ok to have a child as I mentioned before and congrats again :D

As long as you can handle being responsible, psychologically ready and financially prepared, then why not. Age is a meaningless factor, it's the associated problems above that most young people don't have where people start having problems.

having a child is big bless today, beacuse many young people want to have children, but unfortunetly they can't... i wish you 3 more kids:)

having a child is big bless today, beacuse many young people want to have children, but unfortunetly they can't... i wish you 3 more kids:)

Jeremy Kyle is such a poor representation of society. :(

I thought this was a football manager forum rather than a is it ok to have kids at this age forum. Take this onto a mother and father forum please.

I'm sure Football Manager games has nothing to do with this!!

Why does one person always have to spoil a convo.. and also look like a fool as its placed in the general chat section :/

my little brothers friends is 12 and his uncle is 17 so i dunno how old that makes his parents?

I'm 16 and really couldn't imagine myself being a parent but good luck to you mate. One of my friends is 16 and she is about 4 months pregnant but she seems like she will be able to handle it and is a very good person. My brother is 25 and knocked up some Brazillian girl which isn't the best role model for me ;)

my little brothers friends is 12 and his uncle is 17 so i dunno how old that makes his parents?

It makes no difference. Just the age gap between when his uncle was born and his older sibling was.

It makes no difference. Just the age gap between when his uncle was born and his older sibling was.

i know there is nothing wrong wiht this i am jsut mentioning this

I had a child at 21. Back then I had a really good job. Now I don't. I got made redundant at christmas, does this mean I am a bad parent now (according to some peoples ideas on "being a good parent = how much money you have")? I also have a mortgage to pay and a wedding in 2 months to the mother of my now 3 year old daughter. If money was all it took to be a good parent, surely Katie Price would be Mum of the Year?

I had a child at 21. Back then I had a really good job. Now I don't. I got made redundant at christmas, does this mean I am a bad parent now (according to some peoples ideas on "being a good parent = how much money you have")? I also have a mortgage to pay and a wedding in 2 months to the mother of my now 3 year old daughter. If money was all it took to be a good parent, surely Katie Price would be Mum of the Year?

i think what people mean by money.. is some sort of income or at least trying to get some sort of income... peopel who just have children when they know they can ahrdly afford to live fully themselves are the one's people are saying it about

I'm not exactly an expert on thing's like this due to still being 14 but IMO as long as you care for your son/daughter and put them first then it doesn't matter what your job security/salary is , but feel you should you be doing something to provide income.
Although , I do not think it is right to have a child unbelievably young , i'm talking younger than 16 because you are not mentally mature enough to handle being a parent , and it will effectively ruin your life having one at such a young age.
I am in Year 9 and a few weeks ago it came out that someone in the year above is a few months pregnant with a Year 11's kid after getting drunk at a party :S

Hello , i am 34 and my other half is 30 , we have a beautiful 5 month old daughter , i dont think your ages will make you and your partner any worse nor any better than anyone else as parents , i wish you all the luck and good sleeps for the future .

Last edited:
i think what people mean by money.. is some sort of income or at least trying to get some sort of income... peopel who just have children when they know they can ahrdly afford to live fully themselves are the one's people are saying it about

In all honesty though, alot of people have children just for the free house you get, they **** me off. I know what people are getting at that some income is better than none, but you get money off the govt, so you still have some income. Unfortunately, people exploit this and it is usually younger people so others think that they are bad parents because they scrounge rather than work.

In all honesty though, alot of people have children just for the free house you get, they **** me off. I know what people are getting at that some income is better than none, but you get money off the govt, so you still have some income. Unfortunately, people exploit this and it is usually younger people so others think that they are bad parents because they scrounge rather than work.

People can't help being redundant, of course it doesn't make you a bad parent. Some people will just have children for the benefits though, and will spend little of what the intended use of those benefits on their actual child. That's what I mean by needing income.

Depends on the person. Some people are quite clearly not able enough to take on the responsibility of a child at that age.
Those who are willing and able to make the sacrifice and show the commitment, I don't particularly see anything wrong with.

Depends on the person. Some people are quite clearly not able enough to take on the responsibility of a child at that age.
Those who are willing and able to make the sacrifice and show the commitment, I don't particularly see anything wrong with.

Spot on.