dominating posession...need help with potency

dave256

Reaction score
first thing - i dont have screen shots or whatever, so i'll try my best to explain my tactic and HOPE peeps will be willing to give it a try :)

my formation looks similar to this

-------------------------st--------------------------
----------amc------------------------------------amr
ml-----------------------------------mc-------------
------------------------dmc-------------------------
fb--------------cd--------------cd----------------fb
-------------------------gk--------------------------

i wanted to create triangles over the pitch for passing and my whole tactic is based on that theory. also, ive enjoyed playing with an amc but have felt open at the back without a dmc. i feel with this position the cm slightly to the right covers the space on the right side and bringing the winger back covers the space on the left...its also nice seeing the amc drift into the space behind the oppositions fb for passes down the left wing and occassionally then slip balls into the run of the striker

ive been dominating games with 55-60% most times and been creating about 2 ccc's a game, but only scoring the odd goal...im wondering if people could test this formation/tactic and see what they think and if they could make any suggestions to make it more potent :)

roles:-
fb's - supporting, mentality last notch defend, closing down 2/3 notches above own area, runs from deep middle
dc's - mentality last notch defend - quicker (defender cover, cd last notch own area) big man (stopper - cd 2/3 notches above other dc)
dmc - defend, mentality last notch defend, cd 4/5 notches above own area, through balls middle
ml - winger attack, mentality 2 notches above fb, cd 5/6 notches above own area, rfd middle, run with ball middle, through balls middle
mc - deep laying playmaker support, mentality 2 notches above dmc, cd 1st/2nd notch of whole pitch, rfd middle
amc - trequartista, mentality last/2nd from last notch of defend, cd 1st notch of whole pitch/1 before whole pitch, rfd middle, long shots middle, rome from position
amr - winger attack, mentality same as amc, cd same as 2 notches below amc, rfd's middle
st - trequartista, mentality same as mc, cd same as amc, rfd's middle

only the ml runs with ball as i wanted to create passing movement more up the pitch and as he's further back he occassionally has space to run into...only amc has long shots in middle coz i wanted to create more through balls...run from deep is only set to middle to reduce players running off and leaving a player without passing options...cross balls is also off coz i wanted wingers to run down the line and then cut the ball back and then the ball to be passed across the middle

passing is set 3 notches above short for all players as i want to create a fairly short game but give them the option for longer balls if the short pass isnt on...tackling is normal throughout to reduce fouls

all of this does create slow movement up the pitch but can be exciting seeing the natural triangles evolve

i have def line 3 notches above deep coz im slightly cautious lol tempo is 1 notch above slow and width is first notch of wide

id really appreciate any comments or suggestions...thanks :)