Bomber1

Reaction score

Hey Bombers, i wanted to share this new tactic with you, it's the first time i made a thread so please forgive me if i'm not so clear i'll try to do my best :)

****NEW VERSION****** ---------> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...3-[14-3]-3-5-2-italian-job-3.html#post2211607

The Tactic

It's a 3-5-2, many Italian managers are currently using this system in Serie A and some of them are having a great success: Conte with Juventus, Montella with Fiorentina, Mazzarri with Napoli and Inter and Mancini sometimes with Galatasaray. There are two versions: the right and the left, so you can choose the one that best suits your team.

The Style

The Italian style: direct passes, players moving into space and fast counterattacks are a trademark; push higher up, hassle opponents to recover the ball as higher as possible up in the pitch and play out of defense to involve WBs more in the build up.

The players

GK: The best you can get.
BPDs: Marking, Tackling and Strength; Concentration and Positioning; Passing and Decisions.
CD: Marking, Tackling and Strength; Concentration and Positioning.
WBs: Crossing, Acceleration, Stamina and Work rate for both; Dribbling for the attacking one.
DLP: Passing, Decision, Positioning and Teamwork.
CM: Finishing, Off The Ball, Decision and Work Rate.
AP: Passing, Creativity, First Touch and Work Rate.
F9: Passing, Creativity, First Touch, Teamwork and Work Rate.
P: Finishing, Dribbling, Pace, Acceleration and Off The Ball.

----> Download Player Filters <-----

The Training

Pre Season:
View attachment 412580

From 1st official match:
View attachment 412579

We'll see the match training later ;)

How to play

This is not a Plug and Play tac, i'm going to explain how i use this:
There are two different approaches:

- CONTROL mentality when playing at HOME;
- COUNTER mentality when playing AWAY.

I set Fluidity basing on the odds, i use the "Importance of media prediction" from the Jassar's thread to calculate ( Here ) check through the 1st post you'll find it

From 10% to 26% -- set Fluidity to VERY RIGID
From 26% to 42% -- set Fluidity to RIGID
From 42% to 58% -- set Fluidity to BALANCED
From 58% to 74% -- set Fluidity to FLUID
From 74% to 90% -- set Fluidity to VERY FLUID

Now the Match Training is related to Fluidity:

Very Rigid and Rigid -- set DEF.POSITIONING
Balanced -- set ATT.SET PIECES (home) or DEF.SET PIECES (away)
Very Fluid and Fluid -- set ATT.MOVEMENT

During the match i switch mentality to retain a lead or to score a goal, pay attention this is personal i could be pleased with a draw but you couldn't, take this as a general guideline:

At Home:

- Play Control till half time

- From 45' to 60' min
  • If you are ahead switch to Counter
  • If you are behind keep Control
  • If you are draw keep Control
- From 60' to 75' min
  • If you are ahead switch to Defensive
  • If you are behind switch to Attacking
  • If you are draw switch to Attacking
- From 75' to 90' min
  • If you are ahead switch to Contain and select "Waste time" and "Play even safer"
  • If you are behind switch to Overload and select "Take more risks"
  • If you are draw switch to Overload and select "Take more risks"
Away:

- Play Counter till half time

- From 45' to 60' min
  • If you are ahead keep Counter
  • If you are behind switch to Control
  • If you are draw keep Counter
- From 60' to 75' min
  • If you are draw switch to Defensive
- From 75' to 90' min
  • If you are ahead switch to Contain and select "Waste time" and "Play even safer"
  • If you are draw switch to Contain and select "Waste time" and "Play even safer"
No OIs, Team Talks left to assistant manager

The results

Livorno

Manchester United

Hope you guys enjoy, let me know if you need something i'm here to help ;)

Ciao!

Last edited:
Giving it a try with Atletico, will let you know how it goes

@Bomber1 The tactic will never reach Full Familiarity changing Mentalities/Fluidities in-game. You see no issue with this?

@Bomber1 The tactic will never reach Full Familiarity changing Mentalities/Fluidities in-game. You see no issue with this?

yeah you're right :) however mentality and creative freedom never go down below "accomplished" when all the areas are fluid. i usually train one tac with counter/rigid and one with control/fluid then i tweak the 3rd tac every match, in this way during the week you'll have your team training more on the match tac whether it be control or counter :)

The tactic looks really good from your test and screenshots. I released a conte style tactic for 14.2.2 that worked amazing and just updated it for 14.3 but not having the same consistency that you got.

Have you tested it with a weaker team as well. I am having issues which I am blaming on the ME but it could be the tactical setup (3 Cbs). Have you experienced any issues and if so could you let me know. Thanks

The tactic looks really good from your test and screenshots. I released a conte style tactic for 14.2.2 that worked amazing and just updated it for 14.3 but not having the same consistency that you got.

Have you tested it with a weaker team as well. I am having issues which I am blaming on the ME but it could be the tactical setup (3 Cbs). Have you experienced any issues and if so could you let me know. Thanks

Hey, i know your tactic but i never tested it, looking through your post now i agree on the "problems" you've found but they are in an equal measure for me, sometimes i take stupid goals sometimes i make stupid goals so i can't really complain :) i've tested my tac with Livorno and achieved amazing results for me, i was impressed from defense consistency. One thing maybe can help you i've found really really difficult to play offside trap, don't know maybe you can start from that :)

Last edited:
This is totally unappropriate for juventus.

First, conte plays a 3-5-2 with a lot of balls being played forward. Pirlo as Regista as he acts as an agressor compared to DLP. The wing backs actually are played as w midfielders, helping in both support and running forward (Asamoah/Liechtensteiner) Secondly, the style should be direct, as Bonucci, pirlo usually play from deep to either the Target man (Llorente) or one of the Box-to-box midfielders (Pogba/Marchisio + Vidal).

Basically everything is wrong in this tactic. :)

This is totally unappropriate for juventus.

First, conte plays a 3-5-2 with a lot of balls being played forward. Pirlo as Regista as he acts as an agressor compared to DLP. The wing backs actually are played as w midfielders, helping in both support and running forward (Asamoah/Liechtensteiner) Secondly, the style should be direct, as Bonucci, pirlo usually play from deep to either the Target man (Llorente) or one of the Box-to-box midfielders (Pogba/Marchisio + Vidal).

Basically everything is wrong in this tactic. :)

i've never said this is a Juventus recreation tac, just said this is the shape trending now in Italy

yeah you're right :) however mentality and creative freedom never go down below "accomplished" when all the areas are fluid. i usually train one tac with counter/rigid and one with control/fluid then i tweak the 3rd tac every match, in this way during the week you'll have your team training more on the match tac whether it be control or counter :)

Yea thats what I did too! Didn't think about adding a 3rd one...good idea! Thanks bro! :)

I set Fluidity basing on the odds, i use the "Importance of media prediction" from the Jassar's thread to calculate ( Here ) check through the 1st post you'll find it

From 10% to 26% -- set Fluidity to VERY RIGID
From 26% to 42% -- set Fluidity to RIGID
From 42% to 58% -- set Fluidity to BALANCED
From 58% to 74% -- set Fluidity to FLUID
From 74% to 90% -- set Fluidity to VERY FLUID

Now the Match Training is related to Fluidity:

Very Rigid and Rigid -- set DEF.POSITIONING
Balanced -- set ATT.SET PIECES (home) or DEF.SET PIECES (away)
Very Fluid and Fluid -- set ATT.MOVEMENT

During the match i switch mentality to retain a lead or to score a goal, pay attention this is personal i could be pleased with a draw but you couldn't, take this as a general guideline:

At Home:

- Play Control till half time

- From 45' to 60' min
  • If you are ahead switch to Counter
  • If you are behind keep Control
  • If you are draw keep Control
- From 60' to 75' min
  • If you are draw switch to Attacking
- From 75' to 90' min
  • If you are draw switch to Overload and select "Take more risks"
Away:
- Play Counter till half time

- From 45' to 60' min
  • If you are ahead keep Counter
  • If you are behind switch to Control
  • If you are draw keep Counter
- From 60' to 75' min
  • If you are draw switch to Defensive
- From 75' to 90' min
  • If you are draw switch to Contain and select "Waste time" and "Play even safer"

@Bomber1 I'm very intrigued by this system. Did you come up with it yourself? Curious to know how and why? :) The only problem I found with this is that its very conservative. Meaning with my Porto save I dominated at home but away I struggled to score goals and I'm thinking its because of the approach away being too conservative. If I'm predicted between 74%-90% chance to win on the road..why play counter and why not start with Attack????

Last edited:
@Bomber1 I'm very intrigued by this system. Did you come up with it yourself? Curious to know how and why? :) The only problem I found with this is that its very conservative. Meaning with my Porto save I dominated at home but away I struggled to score goals and I'm thinking its because of the approach away being too conservative. If I'm predicted between 74%-90% chance to win on the road..why play counter and why not start with Attack????

i'll try to answer in short :) the way i've come to this is very long, i've started in a similar way using jassar's tactics you can see the starting point in his thread, the idea behind is pretty simple: when i'm playing as underdog i expect my opponent to go for the win so i set up a rigid approach hoping to get my team solid in defense and lethal in attack, with rigid approach the flow of the play will go mostly on creative players and attackers in general, so it's easier to set counterattacks. when i'm favorite i expect the opponent to wait for me maybe mark tightly my players so i set fluid to have more roaming, more creativity, in this way if my playmaker is marked the central midfielder is allowed to take a killer pass, of course you need a team able to do that but, if i am favorite i can take risk. The percentages are just a simple math calculation based on the probability given to me by the odds. The trainings are just what i've said before, rigid and defense for me are paired (i could be wrong) and so fluid/offensive, the reason for the set pieces/balanced is because with balanced i expect an equal match which can be decided from a corner or a free kick :)
The choice of the counter mentality is personal, i think even an underdog at home will try do more for the win, but if you are having problem with that you can try to change, see what happens. i think this is far from be the perfect system but i'm having fun with it now, for sure can be improved ;)

i'll try to answer in short :) the way i've come to this is very long, i've started in a similar way using jassar's tactics you can see the starting point in his thread, the idea behind is pretty simple: when i'm playing as underdog i expect my opponent to go for the win so i set up a rigid approach hoping to get my team solid in defense and lethal in attack, with rigid approach the flow of the play will go mostly on creative players and attackers in general, so it's easier to set counterattacks. when i'm favorite i expect the opponent to wait for me maybe mark tightly my players so i set fluid to have more roaming, more creativity, in this way if my playmaker is marked the central midfielder is allowed to take a killer pass, of course you need a team able to do that but, if i am favorite i can take risk. The percentages are just a simple math calculation based on the probability given to me by the odds. The trainings are just what i've said before, rigid and defense for me are paired (i could be wrong) and so fluid/offensive, the reason for the set pieces/balanced is because with balanced i expect an equal match which can be decided from a corner or a free kick :)
The choice of the counter mentality is personal, i think even an underdog at home will try do more for the win, but if you are having problem with that you can try to change, see what happens. i think this is far from be the perfect system but i'm having fun with it now, for sure can be improved ;)

Its pretty awesome though! I have implemented this system with a different tactic for my Porto save and won the league comfortably but only allowed 8 goals all season long. Of those 8 goals allowed only 1 was at home. The issue I had was scoring away from home. As you can imagine I was heavy favorite for most of the away games and I think starting with the Counter mentality really affected me. Awesome job though! (H)

Hi mate

Very good tactic!! I have started a save with sassuolo (I'm 5th in serie A) but now i am sacked because the board didn't want that floccari play.
I want to start a new save but it's very complicated to find a good BPD and CM attack. Any ideas? player filters?

Thank you

Hi mate

Very good tactic!! I have started a save with sassuolo (I'm 5th in serie A) but now i am sacked because the board didn't want that floccari play.
I want to start a new save but it's very complicated to find a good BPD and CM attack. Any ideas? player filters?

Thank you

Added player filters on Players section first post ;) thank you for trying

i've made another tac a 4-5-1 this time, i've tested it only with one team but i've achieved the unachievable imo :) i'll be very happy if someone could test this with another team btw this is the tac
View attachment 408525View attachment 408521View attachment 408524View attachment 408523View attachment 408522View attachment 408519View attachment 408517View attachment 408515
the way of playing the tac is the one reported in first post ;) please let me know if you try this and the results you're achieving :D

I like how you have done this, but im going to use the same principles but slightly different because im Juventus - undecided just yet if i want to play asamoah/lich as wing backs or wide midfielders but im going to create a control/fluid tactic for home and weak away sides and the alt is going to be a rigid/counter for away matches/once im onto a decent lead at home.