2014 World Cup thread

I'm jumping on the Adidas Golden Ball marketing conspiracy theory bandwagon. (;

Much as I think Messi was probably good for 2nd or 3rd best player in this tournament, I'm finding it hard to look past the Adidas conspiracy theory. It really does look quite suspicious.

Who do you guys think should get the golden ball?
Imo Messi isn't such a bad choice, it's just that we know he can do alot better, but he didn't show it. That's why alot of ppl are a bit disappointed, i think.

Who do you guys think should get the golden ball?
Imo Messi isn't such a bad choice, it's just that we know he can do alot better, but he didn't show it. That's why alot of ppl are a bit disappointed, i think.
If he did not show it, that says it all! Why give it to him in that case?

Robben, Mueller, or Mascherano for me. Well, probably Mascherano - Robben and Mueller were setting defenses on fire, until they run into him. Defensive block led by Masch allowed 1 goal vs. two best attacking teams of the tournament, in 115 minute of extra time. That should have count for something.

Robben, Mueller, or Mascherano for me. Well, probably Mascherano - Robben and Mueller were setting defenses on fire, until they run into him. Defensive block led by Masch allowed 1 goal vs. two best attacking teams of the tournament, in 115 minute of extra time. That should have count for something.

Eh, Masch would never have won it, and frankly even if he had a shot I think he probably wouldn't be my first choice. Masch on really came into his own at about the quarter final stage, whereas Mueller was wrecking **** all tournament.

Eh, Masch would never have won it, and frankly even if he had a shot I think he probably wouldn't be my first choice. Masch on really came into his own at about the quarter final stage, whereas Mueller was wrecking **** all tournament.

Well, Masch also was great entire tournament, its just that it takes great attacking team to really bring out the best out of defensive player. Nobody would give rats *** if he played brilliant game vs. Iran ;) Forward can rip **** vs. Algeria and everybody will hail him a genius, but if you keep a clean **** vs. them, everybody will be like...okay, nothing to see here, move along.

I'd be fine with Mueller too, of course.

Not sure whether I agree with Robben.... James Rodriguez would be above him for me. But it's hard because you have to account for everything including the teams they were in, who they played against, etc etc.

From Maradona

"I would give heaven and earth to Leo,"
"But when marketing people want him to win something he didn't [deserve to] win, it is unfair."
"I could see that he didn't want to go up and collect it [the award],"

no any good
Pretty good mate was spot on just about, guessed Neymar,Ronaldo or Messi would leave early with serious back injury, also guessed final would be a Europe team v South American and that the teams would be Germany/Argentina. And predicted youngest player on pitch would score after 113mins the winner then says aufeidesien as if he knew would be Germany winner.

Much as I think Messi was probably good for 2nd or 3rd best player in this tournament, I'm finding it hard to look past the Adidas conspiracy theory. It really does look quite suspicious.

I guess they will argue that Adidas also have endorsement deals with James, Germany, etc. and it will all blow over in a couple of days.. But seriously, this is a huge deal!

Masch wouldn't have won, no. Still Argentina's best player though..

Not at all. In fact you are the one making yourself look a fool.

Dont even care ... It's worth it to see how hypocritical you are

Do you know how to conduct yourself on a public forum? If not then please learn to how to as you need some sort of lesson how to.

Gary Neville has stated that it would be impossible for England to follow the German plan for getting a decent national team within ten years.

BBC Sport - World Cup 2014: England cannot copy Germany - Gary Neville

Funny he has stated this considering he is in the know with the FA as the precedent given to grass roots coaches is to follow this route.

There are rules on how to conduct yourself on the Internet? Hahahaha

I'm having the last word on this subject matter.

Enough.

Philipp Lahm has retired from international football

Brazil have confirmed that Dunga will assume command of the national team for the second time.
The 50-year-old, who captained Brazil to their fourth world title success in 1994, was sacked in 2010 after reaching the quarter-finals of the World Cup in South Africa.
He replaces Luiz Felipe Scolari, who presided over the 7-1 World Cup semi-final evisceration by Germany earlier this month.

Brazil have confirmed that Dunga will assume command of the national team for the second time.
The 50-year-old, who captained Brazil to their fourth world title success in 1994, was sacked in 2010 after reaching the quarter-finals of the World Cup in South Africa.
He replaces Luiz Felipe Scolari, who presided over the 7-1 World Cup semi-final evisceration by Germany earlier this month.

Talk about a backwards step.......