conorc98

Reaction score
View attachment 410299
Cyprus have sacked their previous manager with a pretty long name, he will be replaced by a man who wants to be simply known as 'conor.' the nation,for the moment is modest about expectations and just wants to not be embarrassed at the moment but...
View attachment 410298 View attachment 410300
a flock of 32 16/17 year olds have been found around Cyprus, they are believed to have the potential to one day fight for cups rather than to just be respected for something other than their fine beaches and scorching temperatures.
conor was delighted about the project on his hands, but when asked about what lies ahead of him he simply said "I am focused on playing malta in a friendly on the 14th of august,after that I will focus on the Norway match of September the 6th, its that simple."

if you have a question or want to know why im not playing you etc. please either post as if youre in an interview,or writing a newspaper article(going public about me not playing you) if you don't want to do this,or want to ask for a ss please post it on this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...narios/152571-cyprus-top-become-legend-7.html
as I don't want this thread to get messy,a few ss's for people who asked and first match coming up soon.

FIRST SEASON SCREENSHOTS

Andreas Nater
View attachment 410291

Daniel Murley
View attachment 410290

Josh Middleton
View attachment 410289

Luke Kooma
View attachment 410288

Max Gonzalez
View attachment 410287

Rocco Russo
View attachment 410286

Stewart Meakin
View attachment 410284

Akshay Rao
View attachment 410279

Ousman Jallow
View attachment 410137

Allan Pickpoiss
View attachment 410136

Joe Morgan
View attachment 410135

Joe Wilkzz
View attachment 410134

Armin Tala
View attachment 409911

next update is our first game (vs malta)

Last edited:
our new captain
our new captain is Joe Morgan, with Andras Naterr as vice catain. this was decided due to a recommendation from the Cyprus coaching staff that these wil be the most suitable captains for now

Malta v Cyprus

View attachment 410281
we played a 4-3-3 formation for this game, we were looking to have a lot of possession,however it didn't work that way having only 52% against a team playing a not so possession 4-4-2. the game was a lot about rotation as we made all 6 possible subs at half time.
View attachment 410280
3 great goals won us the match, the first was a good spell of possession before collum received the ball at the edge of the area and fired it into the top corner. then minutes later middleton found himself through on goal and chose to lob the goalkeeper beautifully.after malta replied back with a header after half time jallow gave us a cushion again with a 25 yard free kick.

Random Player Watch-Joe Morgan
this will be me focusing on a player randomly, probably because he was in the news recently etc.
this game I will focus on the new Cyprus skipper- Joe Morgan.
joe was solid at the back, and his heading was brilliant, but his passing percentage must increase, and will when he passes it short more as at the moment he is hoofing it out far too much
MAN OF THE MATCH- Ousman Jallow
im going to do this throughout this, this isn't the games man of the match it is my opinion on the man of the match.(this will be our man of the match not the games).

ousman jallow was the clear standout player here, getting a goal and also 2 assists so couldn't look past him here, im going to have to agree with the game.

WORST PLAYER OF THE MATCH- Andreas Lafitis
this will be quite simply the opposite to our man of the match, please do not get mad when/if your player is named this, its all a bit of fun
Andreas Lafitis gets this unwelcome award. he was on for just 45 minutes but his passing accuracy was diabolical,and didn't offer anything out wide for us.

Last edited:
Cyprus v Norway

in this game we tried to play a more conservative,less free flowing possession game. these are much better than us at the moment so I planned that as long as we have the ball,they cant score. after 30 mins they was battering us so I switched to a direct counter attacking style,playing 4-3-3(with (2dms and 1 bbm). this didn't work either as we just really couldn't get any control of the ball, and our lack of target man up front didn't help this.
View attachment 410278
as you can see just 42% possession and 3 shots to their 24,it was embarrassing really.

RANDOM PLAYER WATCH- Luke Kooma
I chose to focus on Kooma as he was the first player from everyone to move to a club outside of Cyprus(as youll see in a minute). was probably our most solid defender out of everyone,we didn't get much attacking done so he couldn't overlap down the right much which was a disappointment, but cant really be blamed on him

MAN OF THE MATCH- Hercules
he stopped it being an embarrassing scoreline and keeping it respectable for us.

WORST PLAYER OF THE MATCH- Jack Higgins
he didn't provide any kind of focal point to our attack, probably my fault for playing a 5'5 player when I was trying to counter attack,but that was due to me trying to play possession at the start.

heres the national pool again to see any transfers that have happened
View attachment 410277 View attachment 410276
a few players have moved out of Cyprus, but none have gone to any real 'top' leagues just yet

&finally, how our group looks after the Norway defeat View attachment 410275

Shame I haven't made a start yet but glad that I have got a club. Good luck in controlling all of us mate :p

Can I have a SS of Wilkzz please?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Can I have a SS of Wilkzz please?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Please read my first post, if you want a ss ask on the thread on that post in the future. Just so this doesn't get messy with everyone asking for ss's. I'll do this one in a min with a few others from the other thread, then after that anyone who asks on here from now on will be ignored

Iceland v Cyprus
we went in to this game as 5-1 outsiders,which I was surprised about as I didn't think they we were that much worse than them looking at the squads.

View attachment 410122
A lot of changes as you can see because the players don't seem fit enough to play twice in 3 days just yet.

View attachment 410120
they won 1-0 thanks to a late corner goal. the stats seem very much in their favour looking at them, but I feel we were actually the better side. they had more possession,but this all seemed to be the parts of the game which aren't shown(not important). they also had more shots but a lot of these were long range, and once again not shown. whenever I see what was happening we were in control and breaking them down,Jallow had a good chance halfway through the second half but hit it straight at the keeper.

RANDOM PLAYER WATCH- Hercules
hercules is the only player to have played every minute so far. he did ok but didn't make any saves I wouldn't expect him to make.

MAN OF THE MATCH- Scott Houghton
Scott Houghton was at the centre of every free flowing Cyprus move, he succeeded in making almost 60 passes which is the highest any Cyprus player has made for me yet.

WORST PLAYER OF THE MATCH- James Roots
should have been able to head clear for the Iceland goal, also only attempted 27 passes which is 12 lower than the second worse, showing that he wasn't asking for the ball enough whilst his defence partner made over 40 passes.

Worst player of the match, sorry lads my bad :p

**** you Herculles - you're stealing my spotlight, i was supposed to be the Number 1 GK for Cyprus.

NB! I just notyiced that you have written my name incorrectly. I was actually Pikkpoiss, but nvm, doesn't matter as long as i'm in the game

**** you Herculles - you're stealing my spotlight, i was supposed to be the Number 1 GK for Cyprus.

NB! I just notyiced that you have written my name incorrectly. I was actually Pikkpoiss, but nvm, doesn't matter as long as i'm in the game

He's nearly 7 foot, not bad for defending crosses! You'll probably start more when I start using a sweeper keeper once the rest of the team develops a bit as your a lot faster than him.

Also Fm has crashed, before I had saved it for after the Iceland game. I'm going to replay that game now and hope it was just a 1 off so a chance to redeem himself for James roots ;)

ok not gonna do my regular style of update for this, just getting it out the way. replay of Iceland v Cyprus due to crash dump
View attachment 410031
View attachment 410030
roots didn't make up for his first performance giving away a pen in this game, although he did look slightly better on the ball.

View attachment 410002
our captain Joe Morgan seems to recognise our project, even if the press and Cyprus FA aren't happy about me dropping more well known players

Cyprus v Albania

this was the first game we went into as favourites, 4-7 favourites in fact
View attachment 410009
we went to 4-2-3-1 in an attempt to create more clear cut chances, pickpoiss got his first start in net as we used a sk behind our high pressing team.
View attachment 410008
once again we ******* lost! our players were wasteful shooting from long range which ill be sure to stop as soon as possible. don't know how we didn't have more possession as they always seemed to just whack it forward and get us on the break so that is surprising.
View attachment 410005

RANDOM PLAYER WATCH- James-Adonis King
he became the youngest champions league goalscorer recently against Barcelona.
View attachment 410004 but he was very wasteful and frustrating for us, often choosing to fire miles wide rather than simply pass.

MAN OF THE MATCH- Luke Kooma
offered us an outlet wide right when he got forward,and hardly put a foot wrong on the ball. surprised he was only rated 6.7, james roots ran him close he looked solid at the back.

WORST PLAYER OF THE MATCH- Ousman Jallow
came on after 10 minutes and didn't really get into the game,offered us nothing up front or on the left when I moved him out there. Jamie allan ran close because of his red card

Cyprus v Slovenia
the last game of the world cup qualifiers, of course we had no chance of qualifying so glad to see the endo of them this year.

View attachment 410001
View attachment 410000
another defeat, 4 in our last 4, but a young squad so this kind of start was expected, ive arranged our next 3 games to be vs sri lanka,Bhutan and san marino so well get a few wins soon hopefully.

RANDOM PLAYER WATCH- Stewart Meakin
stewart meakin has just signed for paralimni, and is now the highest valued member of our squad (75k so not too dear just yet). he had a quiet game, didn't make any mistakes but wasn't at any point too impressive.he didn't win enough of his aerial battles though( 2 out of 6)

MAN OF THE MATCH- Ousman Jallow
our only good moment was the goal so I think its only fair the scorer gets man of the match. even though he didn't do much else he won because of the lack of competition

WORST PLAYER OF THE MATCH- Herakles
he didn't press quick enough meaning if they did a simple 1-2 they was past him as if he wasn't there. **** probably only play as a dm until he inproves for now rather than a ball winning centre midfielder.

Sri Lanka v Cyprus

View attachment 409904 View attachment 409891
were playing a 4-4-1-1 this game. I am still looking to be free flowing in attack but the plan here is to also get the '2 banks of 4' sorted in defence, this is in preparation for when we play bigger teams next year.

View attachment 409900
our opposition- the commentator has a difficult job on his hands here!

View attachment 409896
we were solid here, and never looked like conceding. captain fantastic joe morgan rose at the back post to head a wide free kick cross into the back of the net to bag us a 1-0 win.

RANDOM PLAYER WATCH- Akshay Rao
closed my eyes and pointed at a player to get him,was going to do jallow, who is valued at 205k now, but he has been targeted for motm etc a few times so giving somebody else a chance
Rao was played in left midfielder and as he was used as a wide midfielder his prime intentions was helping me stay tight at the back whilst a full back overlaps,we kept a cleen sheet and he worked hard so a decent performance from him.subbed off at ht for us to switch our game slightly.

MAN OF THE MATCH- Joe Morgan
a 1-0 victory so makes sense for it to be a defender, and as he scored I could look no further than our skipper for this.

WORST PLAYER OF THE MATCH- Jack Higgins
he was the man playing of the striker so should have been our creative player, he didn't do much wrong but didn't create any clear cut chances for us. subbed of after 45 mins on request from his club.

Loving having the captaincy! Great to grab my first goal too!

Bhutan v Cyprus
playing against the 2nd worst team in the world here (we play the worst next ;))

View attachment 409875
we played a 4-2-2-2 here as I felt we were so much better than the opposition that we need to attack and get a few goals

View attachment 409873 View attachment 409867
a brilliant game! we were totally in control of the ball and breaking them down at will until we went down to 10 men.
after we went down to 10 men they had more of the ball but this is because I played a direct counter style. we played well, but I must say that 2 goals were from corners, and 1 was a pen so 5 goals makes it seem like we were more creative than we were.

View attachment 409866 this is before the red card, look how many players we got forward, nothing to do with a failed set piece that's just how well we got players forward to try break them down,this ss led to our first goal.

RANDOM PLAYER WATCH- James Roots
Roots was very solid at the back,he won 10 out of 11 headers to get us back on the front foot immediately, a great performance despite us conceding twice.

PLAYER OF THE MATCH- Andreas Naterr
was only on for 50 minutes but got a goal and an assist with a great cross, he was a constant havoc to Bhutan bombing up and down the left side. scott Houghton ran him very close, also getting a goal and an assist

WORST PLAYER OF THE MATCH- Jamie Allan
played quite well at the start but then he got sent off and with the team playing so well someone must get it so I have chosen him.

hi everyone, as you may know we only had 2 goalkeepers, well the problem is they have both retired for some reason
View attachment 409856 View attachment 409855
I don't have the in game editor so I cant change it but maybe I could send the file to someone with the in game editor, they could take them out of retirement or make new keepers with the same name then send it back to me. please let me know if youre able to do this for me, thanks

Actually I've managed to sort it out, I will back to a previous auto save(won't have to redo any matches) and add a new manager sign them for a club, then leave. They won't retire if they have a club