Interesting story mate. What country's have you got active?

Cheers mate, hope you will enjoy it. Got Sweden, Croatia, Scotland, Spain, Germany, France and England loaded, may add/remove a couple later.

Last edited:
View attachment 275625

MARCH/APRIL 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 275622

After the three cup games, which saw us qualify to the quarter finals of the cup, our league campaign began, seeing us take 7 points out of the 12 that were available. We then faced Premier Division side Elfsborg in the cup and were thrashed with ease, which shows me we have a lot of work ahead if we are to achieve promotion this year.
After our poor performance against Elfsborg, we bounced back with a much better performance against Ostersunds FK which saw us get our promotion challenge back on track and with a draw against Frej, we sit in 5th place in the table.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 275618

We currently are just outside the two play off spots and three points off top, but with us conceding too many goals lately, we'll have to start improving defensively along with our overall general performances if we are to mount a serious title challenge.

OTHER NEWS:

With the transfer window closing at the end of March, I completed two deals. One was for another goalkeeper, which saw us bring in Stole Dimitrievski on loan from Granada and with Emil Hedvall still unsettled, I need someone who I can trust in between the sticks and Stole will be that person.

View attachment 275617

I then decided to strengthen my defensive options with another loan signing. This time Noah Sonko Sundberg joined from AIK and will provide good cover at the heart of my defence.

View attachment 275616

With more arrivals, I needed to reduce the size of my squad and that saw the departures of Jonas Olsson leave to join GAIS for 10k and forward Dardan Mustafa joined Mjallby for 40k

View attachment 275167

MAY 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 275166

A brilliant month as we went unbeaten for the five games and only dropped two points. The players have slowly started to believe that I can turn things around and have bought into my training methods and playing style and most of them feel now their futures are here for the foreseeable future. The defence are beginning to look more solid and Eero Markkanen is starting to find the net on a more consistent basis.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 275165

With the 13 points picked up in May, it's seen us rise to 2nd in the league and only a point behind the league leaders. I honestly believe if we can continue to keep performing on a consistent basis, we will be in with a shout of winning the league.

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 275162

Our performances during the month has led to me winning my first manager of the month award.

View attachment 274020

JUNE 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 274019

I'm disappointed with our performances this month, despite winning against Sirius and Varbergs BoIS, our displays in our other games were very poor and sluggish. Our defence is looking very good with only one goal conceded, but to not score in two of them, or even create any chances is no where near good enough.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 274017

We were top for just over half the month, but the loss against Landskrona saw us slip down to third place. With no major injuries to date, we have no excuses for not beating sides well below us in the league.

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 274016

The European club rankings were announced this month, unfortunately following the clubs relegation last season we have dropped five places. Also, the Swedish Premier league has dropped down one place too and if it doesn't improve, maybe Sweden isn't the country for me to continue my managerial journey. But for now I'll continue to build my reputation here at Gefle and see what happens over the coming months.

Last edited:
View attachment 274010

JULY 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 274009

After our defeat at the end of last month, it looked like we turned the corner, as we responded with a comfortable win over Trelleborgs. However, we were unable to build on that victory, as we only managed two points out of nine from our other three games. With ten games remaining we will have to improve dramatically if we are going to be in with a chance of promotion.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 274008

With only five points won this month, we begin August five points behind the leaders Falkenberg. Though we currently are third in the league and in a play off spot, GAIS and Varnamo are close behind waiting for us to slip up.

OTHER NEWS:

The transfer window opened midway through the month and with some up and down performances, I felt the need to strengthen the squad.

View attachment 274007

Darnell was out of contract at Celtic and I moved swiftly to bring the talented right back to the club on a permanent deal. With Jens Porin refusing to sign a new deal and keen on leaving, Darnell will come straight into the starting eleven.

View attachment 274006

The signing of Stanley Okoro is one I'm hoping will excite the fans. With a season loan done, I expect Stanley to be a vital part of our attacks and will be keen for him to score the goals to help us challenge for the title.

View attachment 273975

AUGUST 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 273974

I'm really concerned by our performances of late. We've become really inconsistent the past couple of months and as I've said before, we really need to change it and do it quick, especially with games running out.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 273972

With a game in hand, we are nine points behind automatic promotion, but realistically I think we are going to be in the play offs. And with seven games left to go, we have to start playing much better than we have. Our run in looks good, with the majority of teams in the bottom half left to play, but I need to make sure we take one game at a time and ensure maximum points are taken in most games.

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 273970

Unfortunately with the transfer window closing, five players ended up leaving us and three of them have been our most important players. Both my central midfielders Robin Nilsson and Anders Baath left to join Al-Sadd for 150k and Terek for 700k respectively. Attacking midfielder Johan Bertilsson joined Empoli for 400k, which signals the end of my creative midfield triangle that have been the heart of our best performances.
Also leaving was back up keeper Emil Hedvall and unhappy right back Jens Portin.
The timing of these departures didn't leave me a lot of time to bring in any replacements, with the only addition being Brendan Galloway on loan from Everton.

Think you've done a good job considering the lack of morale in the squad when you took over and the big turnover in players you've had to oversee. Need to get a little more consistency in form heading into the playoffs though and hopefully you can get them back into the top flight at the first time of asking!

Think you've done a good job considering the lack of morale in the squad when you took over and the big turnover in players you've had to oversee. Need to get a little more consistency in form heading into the playoffs though and hopefully you can get them back into the top flight at the first time of asking!

Cheers mate. Just finished the season.......................update on it's way!! (H)

View attachment 273884

SEPTEMBER 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 273881

A much better month as we took maximum points that were available. Eero Markkanen has found his goal scoring form and hopefully he can continue it as we enter the final four games.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 273879

Our nine points has taken us into the automatic promotion spot and also we've closed the gap on Falkenberg to just one point. We have two tough away games, before ending the season at home, so all being well it could be a promotion party in front of our own fans.

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 273877

A play off spot has been guaranteed, but I want promotion and preferably the title.

View attachment 273876

After our fine performances, I was awarded September Manager of the Month.

View attachment 273871

OCTOBER 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 273869

A superb start to the month which saw us win comfortably against third place Jonkopings Sodra, thanks to goals from our in form attackers, Stanley Okoro and Oscar Karlsson. We couldn't build on that performance as we then were well beaten by Varbergs BoIS, though we then bounced back by beating Landskrona which saw us end the weekend on top of the league and knowing a win in our last game would seal the title........................

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 273865

PROMOTION!!!

Unfortunately we weren't able to celebrate winning the title in front of our home fans, as we could only draw against Sirius and with Falkenberg winning their last game, they won the league on goal difference.

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 273860

I was runner up in the Manager of the Year awards.

View attachment 273859

Oscar Karlsson was easily our best player this year, as is seen by him appearing in the end of season stats. But without a player towards the top of the goal scoring charts, it'll be my priority to look at bringing in a proven goal scorer as we begin planning for life back in the Swedish top flight.

View attachment 272944

PRE-SEASON 2016

MATCHES:

View attachment 272943

A decent pre-season for us, as it was the time I could use to allow our new signings to start to understand how we play. I deliberately wanted to play against lesser sides to allow us to build morale and begin the season with a much better understanding between the players.

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 272942

No surprise for me that Oscar Karlsson won the fans player of the year. Oscar has been superb for us since I joined and hopefully we can keep him happy here and make sure the bigger clubs stay away.

TRANSFER NEWS:

With a nice budget at my disposal and knowing I had to strengthen the squad, since the departures of key players towards the end of last season, I didn't waste time and got the majority of deals done early.

View attachment 272941

August Stromberg was being tracked by Premier Division winners Malmo and a couple other sides in the top flight, so I had to act swiftly to bring him to the club. It was my biggest deal of the pre-season costing 120k, but I firmly believe August will be an integral part of the team for many seasons.

View attachment 272940View attachment 272939

After losing both my centre backs from last year due to their loans being up, the heart of my defence was an area that I needed to strengthen and I feel we have two very good players who have joined. Pierrick Cros has joined on a free transfer and he will be partnered by Valber Huerta who signs from Granada for 30k.

View attachment 272938

Next in was Robert Ahman-Persson, who joins us from Orebro SK for 70k.

View attachment 272937View attachment 272936

Both Fredrik and Aliyu, alongside the talent of Oscar Karlsson, will be a very exciting attacking threesome, who I hope will excite our fans and bring a wealth of goals to the side. Fredrik Torsteinbo joined for 45k from Hammarby and Aliyu Okechukwu has come in from Rijeka in Croatia for 15k.

View attachment 272935

Last through the door, for the time being, was Emil Johansson, who with two international caps, will bring some much needed experience for my young side. Emil was a free agent following his release from Hacken.

SWEDISH PREMIER LEAGUE ODDS:

View attachment 272934

We are priced at 2000-1 and with my expectations set to a mid table finish, I need to make sure the new players settle quickly and we perform consistently eachh week.

View attachment 272933

View attachment 271725

APRIL 2016

MATCHES:

View attachment 271724

To think we will find it easy this year is definitely an understatement. Though we've had a mixed start to the campaign, we have proved very difficult to beat, losing by the odd goal in the games we did lose. It really goes to show that we are missing some quality up front, as we have been made to rue a number of missed chances and alternatively in defence, we need to be switched on at all times, as we'll be punished more often with any mistakes we may make.

TABLE:

View attachment 271723

We currently sit in 8th place, which is mid table and exactly on target for our end of season prediction. I firmly believe though, that with a consistent run of wins and performances, we could maybe have an outside chance of challenging for a place in Europe.

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 271722View attachment 271721

With Eero Markkanen out injured for a few months, we needed a decent replacement and with Tim Vayrynen on the transfer list, I felt he is a like for like replacement for Eero and was delighted he joined us for 45k. Also joining us is talented Croatian Dino Spehar, who found first team opportunities limited at Dinamo Zagreb and again he was transfer listed and I moved quick to seal the 100k deal.

View attachment 271609

MAY 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 271608

Despite only picking up five points from a possible twelve available, our performances on the pitch have been very pleasing. It was only small individual errors that have cost us maximum points against AIK and Hammarby and once those are stopped we'll become more consistent. We were extremely unlucky against IFK Gothenburg, as we led for the majority of the game, but two poor back passes late in the game stopped us claiming a well earned point.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 271607

We've slipped down the table following our matches during the month. Despite sitting in tenth, I'm very confident that we won't get pulled into a relegation battle and with two months until our next game, it will give me valuable time on the training pitch to work with my players.

EUROPEAN COMPETITION RANKINGS:

View attachment 271603

EUROPEAN CLUB RANKINGS:

View attachment 271601

Decent start to the season mate, the league is very congested in the middle so if you put a few good results together I see you shooting up the league soon.

Decent start to the season mate, the league is very congested in the middle so if you put a few good results together I see you shooting up the league soon.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for too. Just keep conceding silly goals, I've tweaked my tactic slightly, but hopefully once they are all happy with it, I'll start winning games more comfortable.

Do you think I should add anything else to my story?

Appreaciate the support mate. :)

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for too. Just keep conceding silly goals, I've tweaked my tactic slightly, but hopefully once they are all happy with it, I'll start winning games more comfortable.

Do you think I should add anything else to my story?

Appreaciate the support mate. :)

Can't think of anything mate, you had any interest from other clubs or been tempted to apply for any other jobs?

Can't think of anything mate, you had any interest from other clubs or been tempted to apply for any other jobs?

Haven't had any interest mate and I've applied for a couple jobs that I thought I'd may of had a chance in getting, but just got laughed off. I've been getting my badges updated regularly, so hopefully a move isn't too far away!

View attachment 271272

JULY 2015

MATCHES:

View attachment 271271

We finally picked up what I would call our first decent win, beating GIF Sundsvall and also saw us claim a rare clean sheet. The rest of the month we were very hit and miss drawing all four games, in half we led only to be pegged back by conceding late goals and the other half, we scored late equalisers.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 271270

We've managed to stay in a mid table position and before the start of the season it's a position I'd be very happy with. But due to our inconsistency, we find ourselves very close to the top teams, but we are struggling to take advantage of them slipping up, as we are doing them same.

OTHER NEWS:

There has been one in and one out this month with the transfer window opening. With Tim Vayrynen being in great form, Eero Markkanen was becoming frustrated with his limited opportunities, so I decided to cash in on him for 65k, as he joined Silkeborg IF.

View attachment 271269

I was dealt a blow as captain Oscar Karlsson was ruled out for two months with injury, so I had to bring in cover for him. Alain Eizmendi joins us on loan from Almeria and I'm hoping he'll play a big part, while Oscar recovers from his injury.

A few wins on the bounce could catapult you towards that top part of the table.
Keep it up!