Chelsea sign Nathan Ake - 15 years old player from Feyenoord

we are not turning this attack chelseas youth thread.

hahaha at all the comments,

good luck to the fella shame chelsea arnt getting english players like him though

Even Southampton Youth Academy is better than Chelsea's and we are in League One.

Chelsea's youth acadamy was massivly re-vamped when Roman bought the club. That is why he bought Arnesen in and Arnesen said you will start to see results in 2010 and how right he was. Our youth team won the FA Cup last season and now our youth is starting to produce decent players.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

terry is the only player they have produced

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

ha exactly mate

We have produced players but they have gone on to other sides i.e Carlton Cole.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I think you have to wait till some of those players have actually proven themselves on a bigger stage than your reserves before you can use them as an example of how your academy is doing well. It's incredibly hard to judge at their age how good they'll become. They could easily all have mediocre careers at best and it will have turned out your academy wasn't actually "booming".

But you can judge them against our youth players of the past who didnt make it.

Can't be that bad if they're signing him that early, he's still doing his G.C.S.E's!

Chelsea's youth acadamy was massivly re-vamped when Roman bought the club. That is why he bought Arnesen in and Arnesen said you will start to see results in 2010 and how right he was. Our youth team won the FA Cup last season and now our youth is starting to produce decent players.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Youth academies are about producing playes not winning youth competitions.
I just think you should stop going on about how great your academy is until you actually produce a few players who have an impact on your team or go on to have an impact in the premier league.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

We won it in 2006/2007, and what have those players done? Nothing.

Youth academies are about producing playes not winning youth competitions.
I just think you should stop going on about how great your academy is until you actually produce a few players who have an impact on your team or go on to have an impact in the premier league.

Like i said you can judge them against our past youth acadamys.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

We won it in 2006/2007, and what have those players done? Nothing.

Huge factor is that we arn't Liverpool and Benitez isen't our manager thank ****.

Like i said you can judge them against our past youth acadamys.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Huge factor is that we arn't Liverpool and Benitez isen't our manager thank ****.
snide comments about liverpool dont change the fact that you academy isnt excellent, its better than before, but thats not saying much

snide comments about liverpool dont change the fact that you academy isnt excellent, its better than before, but thats not saying much

Its early days, we have some youth players in our first team. Also 4 acadamy players started a Champions League game this season for us. That tells me somthing is going right. Just look at Arnesens track record at past clubs and it shall tell you all you need to know.

Cjacko and Chelsea vs the World

Episode 1087

Looks like he has a good career ahead of him.

Its early days, we have some youth players in our first team. Also 4 acadamy players started a Champions League game this season for us. That tells me somthing is going right. Just look at Arnesens track record at past clubs and it shall tell you all you need to know.
sidestepping the point. you called your academy excellent. its not.

sidestepping the point. you called your academy excellent. its not.

Its excellent comparred to what it used to be, the facilities the coaches and training methods etc etc.

CJACKO thinks that Chelsea have best academy..
Mike thinks that Man.Utd have best academy..
Me thinks that Dinamo have best academy..
Ravenie thinks that Liverpool have best academy..

Never ending oO)

Its excellent comparred to what it used to be, the facilities the coaches and training methods etc etc.
meh thats not what you said. All it means is that its better than before, which isnt saying too much

Interesting to see how Ake gets on, especially with Arnesen leaveing at the end of the season

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

CJACKO thinks that Chelsea have best academy..
Mike thinks that Man.Utd have best academy..
Me thinks that Dinamo have best academy..
Ravenie thinks that Liverpool have best academy..

Never ending oO)
never mentioned our academy once

Marko I never even referenced Liverpool's youth academy.

:(

Good luck to the lad, 5 years in the u.18s/reserves and then will be shipped out or released.