Cricket

We will catch you mate, Our team is about to blossom into a proper test side, our bowling attack is close to our best ever, and our batsmen, well our just English batsman, need a bit of consistency and we will be there, but i hope India do win.

Dont get me wrong but wasn't England run of 10-11 test victories on trot was the best bowling attack? At that time you looked as if you will stay there for some time, but it didnt last long. Isn't it.

You are playing well on your home turf, but can they carry that to away games. For Ex, Places like Australia, SL are very tough games, i dont remember your team doing well in those conditions.

Hope you retain Ashes but i dont think you will.

And All the best for #1 spot, will see ya mate.

Dont get me wrong but wasn't England run of 10-11 test victories on trot was the best bowling attack? At that time you looked as if you will stay there for some time, but it didnt last long. Isn't it.

You are playing well on your home turf, but can they carry that to away games. For Ex, Places like Australia, SL are very tough games, i dont remember your team doing well in those conditions.

Hope you retain Ashes but i dont think you will.

And All the best for #1 spot, will see ya mate.

The Problem with that attack we couldn't keep it together injures always happened, But Honestly think you wont see a better swing bowler then Anderson or a Better Spinner then Swan currently at international level. Finn whilst Young has all the attributes to become a very very good test match bowler, he is 6'8, bowls around the 90 mark with amazing bounce and power. We have Broad who is on course to become one of our greatest all rounders, I am certain he will over take Freddie with Bat and Ball Very soon. We have players in reserve like Tremlett and Bresnan who are both solid players at internatonal level. We have won every series since the T20 world cup.

Going to places like SL and Australia should be easy this time around because we have quality spinners in swann and Monty, Whilst in the past we had Giles and Giles to do all the work.

The Problem with that attack we couldn't keep it together injures always happened, But Honestly think you wont see a better swing bowler then Anderson or a Better Spinner then Swan currently at international level. Finn whilst Young has all the attributes to become a very very good test match bowler, he is 6'8, bowls around the 90 mark with amazing bounce and power. We have Broad who is on course to become one of our greatest all rounders, I am certain he will over take Freddie with Bat and Ball Very soon. We have players in reserve like Tremlett and Bresnan who are both solid players at internatonal level. We have won every series since the T20 world cup.

Going to places like SL and Australia should be easy this time around because we have quality spinners in swann and Monty, Whilst in the past we had Giles and Giles to do all the work.

On Paper is different from on the pitch. What mattes is adjusting to those conditions. If they(England Players) can maintain consistency for say 2 or 3 more seasons, then will say they are very good players. James Anderson has done well in home conditions. But how is his Away record(I'm not aware of it). Like i said England have done very well in english conditions, but yet to be tested in away games.

And after T20 WC you played against Pakistan only rite. I mean test series. Not too difficult fixture.

On Paper is different from on the pitch. What mattes is adjusting to those conditions. If they(England Players) can maintain consistency for say 2 or 3 more seasons, then will say they are very good players. James Anderson has done well in home conditions. But how is his Away record(I'm not aware of it). Like i said England have done very well in english conditions, but yet to be tested in away games.

And after T20 WC you played against Pakistan only rite. I mean test series. Not too difficult fixture.

We Played Bangladesh as well, we also won everyone one day series over the summer. Anderson's problem is he hasn't played many test abroad as he has only in the past 18 months become a major player in the England side. Since we lost Freddie, Harmison, Hoggard and Sidebottom he then took up the lead role, i think we will see a very different Jimmy Anderson this winter and he thrives on responsibility. Finn Will be an asset in Australia his height and power will make him our Brett Lee Equal. To Be Honest i am more Confident now then any other series in my life. If the Ashes started monday, i would be very happy.

Off topic regarding India vs Australia but have you heard that Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI been expelled from IPL

Shane Warne was saying on twitter, at least Bangalore are still in :wub:

They had some owners issue. No proper documents to show who exactly owner was. Shilpa shetty who acted like owner said she was just a brand ambassador. And Kochi has been asked to resolve the issue otherwise they will face the similar fate.,

An emergency meeting of the IPL Governing Council on Sunday will decide on the fate of three franchisees -- Kings XI Punjab, Rajasthan Royals and Kochi -- that are embroiled in an ownership row.

BCCI president Shashank Manohar had called an emergency meeting of the IPL's regulating body to discuss the ownership row and other alleged irregularities on Saturday.

According to sources, although no notices were served on the three franchisees as was indicated by Manohar, the Indian cricket board wants to settle the issue at the earliest.

"There are several irregularities and breach of terms and conditions of the (IPL) franchise agreement. All the three errant franchises need to get their houses in order before the next player auctions are held in November," Manohar had said on September 29 after the Annual General Body Meeting.

According to the BCCI, when the bid for the Kochi team was submitted, it was given by individuals who came together.

They were then issued directives to form a company as a franchise cannot be in the name of individuals.

"We had asked them to form a company. There is a dispute among five members of the consortium. Both groups of the consortium have requested the BCCI not to recognise the other. We cannot deal with two groups," Manohar had said.

In view of this, a notice was issued to Kochi to incorporate their joint venture within 10 days or face action.

"We have to finalise the decisions before the auctions. Franchisee withdrawal would depend on their replies. We will play with nine or eight teams (if necessary)," he had said.

No? What happened?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/9077934.stm

Two teams have been thrown out of cricket's Indian Premier League (IPL) for breaching ownership rules.
Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab have both had their franchises terminated by the governing Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Both teams took part in the first three editions of the Twenty20 tournament but the BCCI have given no further details regarding the breaches.
The BCCI also warned the new Kochi team to resolve their ownership dispute.
The cash-rich tournament holds auctions each year to recruit top players from around the world.
Rajasthan Royals won the inaugural tournament in 2008, captained by Australian legend Shane Warne.
The Punjab team, which had been bought for $76m (£47m) in 2008, included Sri Lankan stars Kumar Sangakkara and Machela Jayawardene, Australian pace bowler Brett Lee and India's Yuvraj Singh.
In a statement, BCCI said: "It was unanimously decided that franchise agreements with Punjab and Rajasthan be terminated forthwith based on legal opinions obtained by the BCCI in the matters."
Kochi are one of two new franchises being added to the competition in 2011, Pune being the other.
"It was further unanimously decided to issue a notice to Kochi calling upon them to resolve all their disputes and form a joint venture company which will hold the IPL franchise rights," the statement added.
The ownership issues came to light while the BCCI were investigating financial irregularities by former IPL chief Lalit Modi, who was removed from involvement in Indian cricket in September 2010 following corruption allegations.

good riddance to dodgy owners, but i am afraid most of the teams are owned by someone or something dodgy.

Shane Warne was saying on twitter, at least Bangalore are still in :wub:

Why you love Bangalore? Coz of KP? Its my home town. If you say :wub: to Bangalore then i say :wub: to you :)

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

good riddance to dodgy owners, but i am afraid most of the teams are owned by someone or something dodgy.

No, only Royals and Kings had this issues

Bangalor- Dr. Vijay Mallya
Chennai - India Cements Ltd.
Hyderabad - Mr.T. Venkattram Reddy
Mumbai- Ambani
Dehli- GMR gorup
Knight Riders- Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla & Jai Mehta (Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.)

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Sachin completed 14000 runs. Get in. Take a bow God.

Sachin passes 14,000 test runs, what a man

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Why you love Bangalore? Coz of KP? Its my home town. If you say :wub: to Bangalore then i say :wub: to you :)

I'm not sure why, I just love watching them! I like how they aren't too good, but not too bad, they have some great players (Steyn, Kallis, KP, Kumble etc) and they're great to watch! Also, Ross Taylor played for Durham in the T20 last year, he was immense :wub:

Sachin passes 14,000 test runs, what a man

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

I'm not sure why, I just love watching them! I like how they aren't too good, but not too bad, they have some great players (Steyn, Kallis, KP, Kumble etc) and they're great to watch! Also, Ross Taylor played for Durham in the T20 last year, he was immense :wub:

Biggest hero (Foreign player) is Ross taylor here. Everyone just loves him. What a player he is. Sadly KP has not done any justice to his talent when it comes to IPL, we have payed too much with out any return. When all are on form, Ross, KP, White wow what a team it would be.

What happened with the 20/20 world championships, all the cup winners from each country play each other? Has it taken place? Was it televised?

What happened with the 20/20 world championships, all the cup winners from each country play each other? Has it taken place? Was it televised?

Won by Chennai Super kings.

Was it on tele? I thought it was gonna be a huge thing, didnt even hear about it?

It was on Tele here in India. It was nothing compared to IPL. I dont think many even bothered to check even the scores.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Ricky Ponting received very hostile reception when he came to bat. Whole stadium booed him. when i came back, watched highlights and Commentator mention that, he was puzzled to see why whole stadium booed him. Simple answer We hate him.

Sachin Tendulakar completed his 49th test hundred. What a player. Had he scored those 2 runs in the previous test, he would have completed 50 test centuries in my home place. What a day it would have been.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:33 AM ----------

Sachin completed his 6th double century, Going very strong at 37. :wub:

Why the heck are we talking about cricket on a football manager website..... JEEZ!!!!!:'(