Cricket

See in what section you are posting. Jeez...

Why the heck are we talking about cricket on a football manager website..... JEEZ!!!!!:'(

Your Not expected or wanted to talk about this sport or this thread. There is a few of us who actually prefer cricket to football( i am one) So we like to talk about current cricket issue and matches.

It was on Tele here in India. It was nothing compared to IPL. I dont think many even bothered to check even the scores.

Ricky Ponting received very hostile reception when he came to bat. Whole stadium booed him. when i came back, watched highlights and Commentator mention that, he was puzzled to see why whole stadium booed him. Simple answer We hate him.

Hm. Little harsh, isn't it? No need to boo someone 'cause you dislike him, surely? England fans got a lot of stick in the Ashes for doing that, so much so they eventually gave him a rousing reception in the last two matches.

Why the heck are we talking about cricket on a football manager website..... JEEZ!!!!!:'(

See that text up near the banner? Where it says Forums > General > Other Sports > Cricket? That's why. And now, with the greatest of respect, be quiet.

Hm. Little harsh, isn't it? No need to boo someone 'cause you dislike him, surely? England fans got a lot of stick in the Ashes for doing that, so much so they eventually gave him a rousing reception in the last two matches.

See that text up near the banner? Where it says Forums > General > Other Sports > Cricket? That's why. And now, with the greatest of respect, be quiet.

He deserved boos. We usually dont boo any player, but after the Sydney test saga and the way he behaved after Mumbai test loss few years back he deserved it.

He deserved boos. We usually dont boo any player, but after the Sydney test saga and the way he behaved after Mumbai test loss few years back he deserved it.

Well, fair enough. If anyone deserves to be booed in cricket, it's probably Ponting.

Ponting is a first class ****, He signal why the world hates the Aussies, He is an arrognant, egostical ******( bit like me in a way)

Yessss.. We did it. Clean sweep. 2-0 it is. First win for us at this Venue in 15 years and highest run chase in Bangalore. Now Dhoni has won 4 out of 4 test matches he captained against Aussies.

Whatever MS Dhoni touches these days it turns to gold. Winning the IPL, the Champions League and now beating Australia 2-0 in a two test match series. So it was only apt that when he sent in Pujara at No. 3 that the move had to work. It did wonderfully well as Pujara became the second-highest scorer (debutant) in the fourth innings of a Test for India. Pujara did bat beautifully and looked set for a hundred on debut till a ripper from Hauritz ended that dream. Sachin and Dravid finished off things, ensuring that there were no alarms. This has been a clinical victory after the heart-stopping one wicket win at Mohali.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

# Australia have now lost their last three test matches that they have played (Leeds, Mohali and Bengaluru). The last time this happened was in November-December 1988, when they lost to West Indies in Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne

# MS Dhoni has now captained India in 7 test series and has remained unbeaten.

Sachin Tendulkar is the MoM for his 214 in the first innings and for his unbeaten 50 in the second innings

Sachin Tendulkar is the MoS for being the highest run scorer in the entire series.

Sachin: The series was a fantastic one. I would like to congratulate the whole team. It starts with VVS LAxman, who along with Ishant, helped us win the match at Mohali. Without the team effort, we would have not achieved all this. It was going to be a difficult chase, but the partnership between Pujara and Vijay was the crucial one. The whole team has been focused in this series. I don't like to count my records, I leave that job to the others. There are still some more niggles, but once you cross those ropes, you forget all that. The physio and the trainer are doing a good job. I would like to thank the people of Bangalore for turning up in huge numbers for this test match.

Ponting: It has been a great series. There were some moments in this series which went against us. Our second innings batting was not up to the mark in both the tests. Deep down, I felt that we needed more runs on the board. Hilfenhaus, Johnson played really well in the series. Watson was the star with the bat but we did not grab our opportunities when they came by.

We need to thank the people of Bangalore for giving us good support in the match. As a captain, I am not doing great by winning the tosses. However, I am not complaining as the bowler's have stepped up to the plate all the time. It is important to do well in the last couple of sessions as we can lose a test match in the last couple of sessions. Vijay has got a start in the matches that he has played, Pujara was outstanding and it helps that they batted along side Tendulkar. The bowlers deserve a special mention. Ishant bowled well in the second innings at Mohali, while the batters have scored plenty of runs. I personally think that the fast bowlers were the key for us. Nothing was going for them, but they still delivered the goods.

So, Australia are going into the Ashes with a 3 match losing streak and ranked 5th, ie behind England. Wow, there's a golden chance for you, England. Shatter the Aussie pride forever! (6)

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/aussies-worst-test-streak-in-22-years-20101013-16jzd.html

I don't like Ponting too much, but you have to admire his batting. He was the one batsman who resisted India till the end.

When will Ponting and Sachin retire? It looks like they are setting an unbreakable record here.

Yessss.. We did it. Clean sweep. 2-0 it is. First win for us at this Venue in 15 years and highest run chase in Bangalore. Now Dhoni has won 4 out of 4 test matches he captained against Aussies.

Congrats. Was a great series, and a thoroughly deserved win.

yay well done india, these aussies are going to get spanked all winter.

In other great news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/9087307.stm

I loved this man when he played, now he can teach our middle order about batting.

Yesss I loved Graham Thorpe. What a player, and hopefully a good coach.

So, Australia are going into the Ashes with a 3 match losing streak and ranked 5th, ie behind England. Wow, there's a golden chance for you, England. Shatter the Aussie pride forever! (6)

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/aussies-worst-test-streak-in-22-years-20101013-16jzd.html

I don't like Ponting too much, but you have to admire his batting. He was the one batsman who resisted India till the end.

When will Ponting and Sachin retire? It looks like they are setting an unbreakable record here.

Yeah, we're probably favourites now.

Isn't Ponting's average in India in the mid-twenties or something? Or did I just make that up? I thought I'd heard that somewhere. If so, then it's all the more impressive.

Hopefully God will give us another two years before retiring in a blaze of glory having scored 54 Test hundreds and 7 double hundreds, running for Prime Minister of India and being swept in on a landslide. Ponting will retire in four years before sitting in a chair and criticising England for the rest of all eternity. :p

Ponting will retire in four years before sitting in a chair and criticising England for the rest of all eternity. :p

Be Fair he will probaly join Fat Boy and sit in a sky sports chair crticising england forever,

'The crowd was our 12th man in Bangalore' - Dhoni

MS Dhoni has asked for Tests to be played at venues that have a history of supporting Test cricket with big attendances while appreciating the support received from the Bangalore crowd during the course of India's series win. Of India's 10 Test venues - Hyderabad being the newest - Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Mohali and to an extent Delhi are known for their lukewarm response to Test cricket.

"Maybe some of these centres where people come up to see Test matches can be given preference over some other centres where people don't come in large numbers to watch Test matches," Dhoni said. "After all, if taken in the right sense, we are the performers in the circus, but you need the circus to be full. It [this comment] should be taken in the right sense."
Dhoni and his men liked what they saw in Bangalore. Three of the days - the weekend and the final day - were almost sold out. "It really helps the players who are on the field," Dhoni said. "Frankly speaking, in the 45th or 50th over, when the fast bowler comes for his second or third spell, it's the crowd that gets him going, apart from the fact that he is supposed to do well for the team and the country. You need some kind of a motivation, and especially because we're used to playing IPL and ODIs in front of 30000 or 40000 or 50000 people, you want that kind of a crowd."

Throughout the last five days, the spectators have been India's 12th man. They cheered every special effort by the Indians, appealed when the bowler appealed, got off their seats when Sachin Tendulkar and other batsmen played good strokes, and appreciated every good effort by the fielders. Some of them booed the Australians, but many were appreciative.

"It was a remarkable crowd," Dhoni said. "Throughout the five days there were good crowds, and on the final day it was literally house full. You could see as many people in the stands as in a T20 or ODI match. They supported good cricket more than anything else."
They did get their money's worth. Not only did they watch their home side complete a clean sweep against Australia, they saw Tendulkar go level with Virender Sehwag as the Indian with the most double-centuries; they saw Cheteshwar Pujara, the debutant, play an innings he wouldn't mind as his epitaph; they saw M Vijay, a stylish batsman, add substance to his game at Test level; they saw Ricky Ponting bat beautifully but fall disappointingly short; they saw Zaheer Khan and Ben Hilfenhaus create wickets on flat pitches. The Indian team thanked the crowd with a deserved lap of the ground.

Even i was surprised to see so many people turned up for test match, Test matches are here to stay and i enjoy them most than any format.

Even i was surprised to see so many people turned up for test match, Test matches are here to stay and i enjoy them most than any format.

My view Exactly, Cricket will die out before Test Matches go, They are the best format by an country mile.

My view Exactly, Cricket will die out before Test Matches go, They are the best format by an country mile.

Yes. Test matches are the real test for cricketer than any format.

I prefer Twenty20, it means that the match is over quicker!

20/20s are for the impatient and easily fulfilled "fans" of cricket. To be fair, I'm partial to a little crash bang wallop from the shorter-over format occasionally, but it could never never never replace Test match cricket.

Also, if anyone wants a laugh, try checking out "The Duckworth Lewis Method" an album by the band of the same name. It's a concept album about cricket, and some of the songs are priceless. To quote directly from "Jiggery Pokery", a song dedicated to Warne's ball of the century and Gatting's response to it:

It was jiggery pokery, trickery, jokery.
How did he open me up?
Robbery, muggery, Aussie Skullduggery.
Out for a buggering duck.
What a delivery,
I might as well have been,
holding a child's balloon.
Jiggery pokery who was this nobody,
making me look a buffoon?
Like an accident prone baboon.

How such a ball could be bowled
I don't know, but if you asked me
if it had been a cheese roll,
it would never have got past me.

:D

i think pakistan, west indies and new zealand are in big trouble atm and really need help

but then, they were meant to be the top Twenty20 teams, and Twenty20 was meant to be the savior of cricket
WHAT A LOAD OF B*LL*CKS
Twenty20 is killing the game slowly, India has become the focus of everything, Australia are going to play India almost every year now because of the money, but refuse to play pakistan.

Sachin scored his 50th test century What a player.