Ferguson 'still trusts' Berbatov

Fergie deosnt really "trust" him he just doesnt want to admit he bought a total flop

I do feel quite sorry for him though
At spurs he was their main man. He's probably not used to being second fiddle. Martin Jol gave him that free role and he thrived. However it's different with United. Firstly, Ronaldo was the main man then Rooney. He had to fight off competition from Tevez. He drops back quite a lot and his style doesn't suit Utd's. Also last season's Champions League the front free were Ronaldo, Rooney and Park. This season it was Rooney, Nani, Valencia/Park. It's always going to be tough to repay £30m but all he needs is a bit of confidence. I hope he does prove good

I think he is a top notch player. I love watching him in full flow. he is One of the best players in the world to watch, when like that. I think he will come good for united. Ferguson has Faith in him. i think he could become a utd legend by this type next year.

well a manager whos used to winning things is not going to admit he signed a flop is he. his workrate is non-excistant hes he can play but even his finishing is poor.

That day was a bad day for transfers

Robinho to man city
Berbatov to man utd,
The biggest flops on one day

Shame on you guys who feel that berba is a **** player. And you call yourself football manager fans.

Fm fans should develop a real reading of the game and it is clear that berba plays in a syStem that is unfavourable to him. Even a great like ruud van nistelrooy would struggle in this system.

The wingers do not provide him the ball he has to look for opportunities himself and most of the goals he scored reflect that. With owen same issue.

Fergi virtue the idea of relying on 1 player.
Last year all focus was on ronaldo
this year it is rooney.

That's what make the strenght of chelsea as they play more as a team that relying on drogba even if the latter scores a lot.

SAME APPLIES TO OTHERS THAT ARE BEING NAMED IN THIS THREAD.
I MAY BE WRONG BUT ROBINHO HAS NEVER BEEN AN OUT OUT STRIKER - HE PLAYS BEST ON THE WING OR IN AMC!!!!!1 WHILE CITY ALWAYS PLAYED HIN IN SC POSITION

Last edited:
Please do not use 'z's at the end of words where an 's' goes, it's possibly one of the most annoying things

i thought you liked my anywayz ;)

anyayz, i don't think he trusts Berba, I think that Berbatov doesn't want to play for United, he doesn't celebrate at all when he scores. I don't think he will be offered a new contract when his current one runs out

i thought you liked my anywayz ;)

anyayz, i don't think he trusts Berba, I think that Berbatov doesn't want to play for United, he doesn't celebrate at all when he scores. I don't think he will be offered a new contract when his current one runs out

I recollect Berbatov saying that he only celebrates if he likes the goal he's scored, as in if he scores a great goal, he celebrates eg the scissor kick against sunderland (?).

I like him, but his inconsistancy just takes the **** nowadays

sir alex could of saved that 30 million and bought tevez , would of done united a whloe lot of good

if utd kept tevez and sold berba then im pretty sure utd would have been clear at the top

Didn't Tevez cost Man City £43/46m in the end? That is also the reason United didn't sign him...I think.

Last edited:
Rubbish. All you can say.

Sell him, and if they get £5M they'll be extremely lucky.

I'm going to agree with the start of what railesh said.(end was a little incoherent lol)

Fergie is playing him out of role. He should be given either a free role (trequartista style) or as a deep lying forward supporting another striker. He would thrive under these conditions(as he did with tottenham treq. style)

Like him as player though. Feel he could contribute a lot more given the chance.

Think Berbatov would do it at a team like Aresnal where he could play as more of a false-nine and I also think he'd cut it at Chelski and Liverpool, I think he just doesn't work in Man Utd's set up and team which is a shame as his technique and first-touch is just insane.