Gillingham win nPower League 2

With 5 games still to go in the domestic season, Gillingham have won League 2 and have secured promotion to League 1 in the process. With 5 games left to play, Pavel's side have swept aside all competition in incredible fashion, and have already amassed 95 points. The board and the fans have labelled Pavel as the mastermind of the success. In other news, Bury have been taken and the new owner has wiped their debts, with manager Mark Fletcher safe. Port Vale are once again in selling talks.

League Table with 4 games to go

View attachment 194740

That's all for today and I'll do a full update on the end of the season tomorrow. Till next time :)

looks like i had a bit of end of season form to stop us getting caught up in the relegation battle :) but a bad season in general and done terribly in every cup

any news on Johnstone Paint Trophy

After losing the first leg 2-1 away, you lost 3-0 at home

sorry for not telling you earlier mate but it just seemed slightly pointless devoting a whole post to a 3-0 loss

glad my formed picked up, 22nd in October to 10th with 4 games to go, who made the play offs then?

First Managerial Sacking

Today, Rotherham football club have announced the sacking of James Beadle and announced that Russel Slade will be the man to take over. The board gave the reason that they were dissapointed in his lack of judgement and they had to act as they were slipping down the table. Beadle expressed his dissapointment at being sacked and said that hew asn't given enough time. He also stated that he would love to return to football management soon but for now he would be taking a short break.

Bad luck mate, if you want you can stop following this thread and I'll private message you when you get another job :(

Ill Keep following mate. No wonder I was doing shocking, my formation is shocking!!!!

End Of Season 2010/11

League Table:

View attachment 194829 View attachment 194830View attachment 194831

Stats:

View attachment 194832

View attachment 194833

Cup News:

Accrington have been knocked out of the Johnstones Paint Trophy North final, losing 4-1 on aggragate to Oldham. After losing 2-1 in the first leg, it was always going to be an uphill struggle, and Oldham were simply too good in the second leg, beating them 2-0 (not 3-0 like I said earlier!). However, manager Grant Thame said that his team can be proud of their performance, and it was an achievement in itself just for a League 2 club to reach the North final.

Managers:

Pavel:

View attachment 194836View attachment 194837

View attachment 194838

Team: Gillingham
Predicted Finish: 3rd
Actual Finish: 1st

View attachment 194840View attachment 194841

Gillingham really gelled this year and manager Pavel turned them into an incredible team, amassing points and finishing 11 points from their nearest competitors. This year, the media have predicted them to finish last, so survival are the expectations

Svenie:

View attachment 194842View attachment 194843View attachment 194844

Team: Southend
Predicted Finish: 2nd
Actual Finish: 3rd

View attachment 194845View attachment 194846

Southend finished around where they were expected too, and got the promotion they wanted to League 1. This season, survival is again the aim

Grant Thame

View attachment 194847View attachment 194848View attachment 194849

Team: Accrington Stanley
Predicted Finish: 19th
Actual Finsh:17th

View attachment 194850View attachment 194851

Grant Thame took over an Accrington team that were expected by some to be relegated to the BSP, and steered them to safety. However, this season will be another fight against the odds, where survival in League 2 is the aim.

Matt Cole

View attachment 194852View attachment 194853View attachment 194854

Team: Bradford
Predicted Finish: 9th
Actual Finish: 14th

View attachment 194855View attachment 194856

Last season was slightly dissapointing for Bradford. Predicted to finish mid-table, they had an awful start and got sucked into the relegation zone. A late run of form, with only one loss in the last 15 matches saved them, and manager Mark Cole will be looking to build on the season's finish

Mark Fletcher

View attachment 194858View attachment 194859View attachment 194860

Team: Bury
Predicted Finish: 12th
Actual Finish: 8th

View attachment 194861View attachment 194862

Bury were perhaps the unluckiest team of the season, they led the race for the play-offs for most of the season but a slight dip of form at the end meant they just missed out. However, manager Mark Fletcher has built a very good team, centred around Joe Skarz, and automatic promotion has got to be the aim for this season.

Oliver Freed

View attachment 194866View attachment 194867View attachment 194868

Team: Chesterfield
Predicted Finish: 6th
Actual Finish: 15th

View attachment 194869View attachment 194870

Last season wasn't great for Chesterfield. Expected to finish around the play-off area, they flirted with relegatio before finishing 15th. Manager Oliver Freed hasn't yet signed a new contract and there are rumours flying around that Chesterfield might let go of him when it expires. This year, the play-offs have got to be the aim.

Nezzy:

View attachment 194871View attachment 194872View attachment 194873

Team: Crewe
Predicted finish: 15th
Actual Finish: 12th

View attachment 194874View attachment 194875

Crewe were expected to finish around mid-table, and they did just that, with manager Nezzy showing promising signs. This year, expectations are the same but maybe a little bit higher as recently Crewe have spent a lot of money in the transfer market.

Nick Phipps

View attachment 194879View attachment 194880View attachment 194882

Club: Morecambe
Predicted finish: 11th
Actual finsh: 7th

View attachment 194885View attachment 194887

Morecambe started the season expecting a mid table finish and ending it only 90 minutes away from League 1 football. Manager Nick Phipps has done a good job (sorry for any bias!) and will be hoping to build on that next season, where Morecambe will be attempting to live up to the bar set by last year.

Damien Worrall

View attachment 194891View attachment 194892View attachment 194893

Team: Port Vale
Predicted Finish: 8th
Actual Finish: 4th

View attachment 194894View attachment 194895

Another unlucky team, Port Vale were perhaps the best team outside the top 3, but fell in the play-off semi finals to Morecambe. With a deadly strike force of Febian Brandy and Marc Richards and a new owner who has wiped the clubs debt, the sky is the limit, and many people are expecting at least promotion

James Beadle:

View attachment 194899View attachment 194896View attachment 194900

James Beadle is still looking for another job, after what many people believe was an unfair dismissal by Rotherham

Manager of the 2010/11 season: Pavel

Thanks for reading through this marathon post and I hope to update you in the next couple of days. Once again, if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask :)

Oliver Freed departs Chesterfield:
Today, Oliver Freed has left Chesterfield after his one year contract wasn't renewed. Oliver Freed managed Chesterfield in one season, which was believed by many to be dissapointing, as he finished 15th and his relations with the board broke down. Oliver Freed stated that he could understand the decision and that he hoped to find work again soon

2 managers are now unemployed and if they still haven't found work by the end of the 2012/13 season, I'll use FM RTE to put them in charge of a random BSN, BSS club. :(

Last edited:
oh god :/ been sacked, lol not good but hopefully i can find a club soon and have a fresh start

Darlington appoint James Beadle as their new manager:

Darlington have today announced that former Rotherham manager James Beadle will be taking up the reigns as manager of Darlington Football Club. The Blue Square Premier League side are currently 17th with 11 games played and have underperformed throughout this season. However, the deal for Crawley has gone through and the new chairman has identified Beadle as his new manager. Could this be one of the shortest managerial reignes ever? Watch this space :p.

That's all for today and apologies for all the snippets of news I've been feeding you :)

Last edited:
Darlington appoint James Beadle as their new manager:

Darlington have today announced that former Rotherham manager James Beadle will be taking up the reigns as manager of Darlington Football Club. The Blue Square Premier League side are currently 17th with 11 games played and have underperformed throughout this season. However, the deal for Crawley has gone through and the new chairman has identified Beadle as his new manager. Could this be one of the shortest managerial reignes ever? Watch this space :p.

That's all for today and apologies for all the snippets of news I've been feeding you :)

Thats a little bit cheeky isn't it! Aha.

Hopefully, I can build this team up. Was hoping to be in charge of Crawley with a takeover but nevermind.

Whens the next update coming mate?

Oh ****, I promoted with Gillingham off the 1st place. Must be a good manager in charge. :D

Thats a little bit cheeky isn't it! Aha.

Hopefully, I can build this team up. Was hoping to be in charge of Crawley with a takeover but nevermind.

Whens the next update coming mate?

lol, to tell you the truth I was hoping that virtual you would chose Crawley as it would be one less league to report on :). The nex update is coming :)

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Breaking Managerial News:

The new consortium at Crawley have appointed Oliver Freed as their new manager. The former Chesterfield boss was their second choice after James Beadle, but negotiations with Beadle broke down. Crawley are currenly 7th in League 2 with 13 games played after winning the play-offs in the Blue Square Premier League last season. However, fans are reportedly angry at the sacking of Steve Evans, who was overperforming with Crawley, and it remains to be seen whether Freed can get them on his side

In other news, Port Vale have sacked manager Damien Worrall after a disappointining run that put them in 17th. place. Worrall is reportedly angry with the decision, claiming that he wasn't given enough time and hat he did well last season. However, he hopes to remain active in football management and is looking for a new job.

A general update will come out later today :D

ooh yay very happy with getting crawley job
quite random though lol, thought james ws gna get it