Football Manager 14 Update 14.1.4 Released

Had a game and it was a big improvement but the ai teams still seem to occasionally score godlike goals and turn into barcelona for a moment

Have to say I'm really impressed with the latest fixes just played four matches, finishing seems to be abit better had 2 one on ones in my first game and my player cooly side footed the ball past the gk twice :) passing seems to be better aswell and I even scored a header from in play which is a 1st for me in a while !! Long shots still exist but not as much !! But I'm sure you could tell any player IRL to not shoot and he would occasionally !! All in all I'm happy with the patch ( for now ) ;)

Is anyone else have issues with their clicking/selecting? I find myself having to basically double click to move between pages.

I've noticed it takes a few seconds longer to respond after clicking

Guys be aware this is not a "major update" hence 14.1.4, more like an extended hotfix update

Had a game and it was a big improvement but the ai teams still seem to occasionally score godlike goals and turn into barcelona for a moment

So, the ME still plays like Barca?

I had games that i was astonished with the velocity, accuracy and precision of passes by the other teams. and if this is not be fixed i think more frustration is coming...

But is good to see that i have to go back to the 1st corner routine to keep banging some goals from corners :D

Have they sorted the shooting because it was shocking?

Sounds like they have fixed (or atleast tried to) almost all the ME bugs that have been.... err.. bugging me so far, especially the awful defending and finishing.

I don`t know what they did... but my team is playing like crazy. I`m Steaua Bucharest first season and just taken out of Champions League Bayern M. , first match won 6-5 in Germany and home win 5-2. Whatever they did, keep it up. In the league i just won 5-1, 3-0 & 4-1 with the new patch.

From what i can see, the tackling is better, they stay on feet more & passing is more accurate.

The update is excellent. Exactly what we needed. This match engine is far superior

Has anybody noticed an increase in players complaining about their lack of first-team chances?
I've had four players complain in the space of two weeks. Two players on 'hot prospect' contracts and two on 'rotation' contracts.
Rarely have this problem as i rotate squad regularly.

It appears I'm the only who can't win anymore after the patch -_-

patch has ruined my game. was second in league with Villa, first season! and flying! cant win now. dont get it :(

Anyone think that the new patch is a tad unrealistic with some scores?

- Fixed some instances of players not making no-brainer tackle attempt

******* YESSSSSSSSS - No lie this has been killing meeeee

Hate it, Long hoofs almost always go in and Far post corners are so ******* op, this is rubbish.

2vdjwbc.jpg

1st game with new patch(albeit a pre season friendly)

Nothings changed in this regard then :(
Looks tactical more than anything, only 6 half chances and one CCC? from 20 shots, on the surface looks like you have quantity but not quality

Not at all, we still made 7 decent chances out of the 20 shots we had, not bad against a team with their backs to the wall, if the AI had that many chances against me i'd be looking at at least a 4-0 loss.
That's not how the AI or the me works, though, the AI doesn't get a boost. You created just one "really good" chance from 20. you've either been unlucky in one game, or its if a consistent trend you need to reassess either the approach play, or the players applying the finish.

Since the update i have been doing great in spl with dundee celtic on the other had have been very poor and are sitting 7th with 10 games remaining

I'm really trying to avoid the tactics forum for this patch, I had a tactic for 14.1.3 that meant I won everything and it was ruining the game for me.