Football Manager 14 Update 14.1.4 Released

I'm really trying to avoid the tactics forum for this patch, I had a tactic for 14.1.3 that meant I won everything and it was ruining the game for me.
New tactics system should encourage people to make their own tactics now. Much simpler and more realistic imo

Wow what a great patch.............................for the AI

I'm having half as many shots than in the previous patch, they have about the same and are still scoring with fewer chances created and none of mine are going in.

Thanks a lot

2pzfllz.jpg

What a terrible post. They had 1 clear cut chance and 2 halves. You had 3 clears and 3 halves. They took their chances. You didn't. Simple.

Avg rating 6.75, Doesn't seem like a good performance.

Patch seemed to shore up some keeper issues I had, but also created new ones. Anyone else noticing if a shot is blocked and/or tackle in the box, the keeper kinda just stands there and doesn't react? Like, he just stands there while a striker is running at the ball and is slow to react.

My keepers are Krul and ter Stegen, both do it, so I don't think it's them.

Avg rating 6.75, Doesn't seem like a good performance.

You know, you usually get poor ratings when you miss chances. Have you never had a player where you thought was playing great and had a poor rating and the game secretly suggested you to sub him in the half time? Come on now.

I haven't tried this yet, but it doesn't seem anything changed from the looks of screens.

I just wish to ask, how do you guys find it when it comes to creating chances, creative passes, creative football? I almost never felt like I (or AI) was playing something worth watching. Always stupid goals of any sort you can think of...

Ratings a dumb. If you lose 1-0 all your players get under 7.0. Win 1-0 and they are usually all over. So the most even game, a goal scored in the 80th minute and the ratings can be changed pretty heavily.

When you go to start a new game and you choose a database should it say 14.1.4 because mine still says 14.0.0 or whatever the default is

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

When you go to start a new game and you choose a database should it say 14.1.4 because mine still says 14.0.0 or whatever the default is

no, because there is no database update, in your game status or online preference it should say 14.1.4

Just swithched on my FM to start my LTS as Utd and noticed alot of the player star ratings have changed!

On last patch Buttner 2* now 2.5*
Anderson 2* now 2.5*
James wilson 2.5* now 4*
Jese lingard 2.5* now 3*
Zaha 4* now 4.5*
Said janko 1* now 2*
Cleverly 3* now 4*
Pearson 2* now 3.5*
Sam j 2* now 3*
Welbeck 3.5* now 4.5*
Januzaj 4* now 5*
Fellaini 3* now 4.5*
Fabio 2.5* now 3.5*

Has anyone else noticed this?

Nope, the database is exactly the same (Apart from the Swedish thing, but they don't need to create a new database version for that :))

One on one's are more realistic now. Through balls more effective. Overall match engine is quite improved. Players behaviour also is better. Right on SI

Has anyone notice players potentials have changed as i posted in post a couple above this?

This new patch has totally destroyed my tactics, was cruising with Rangers in my second season, installed the patch and fell from 1st place down to 5th in the Scottish Championship. My defenders are now horrendous, error prone shadow's of their former selfs. i'm dominating all my games with at least 60% possesion and having at least double the shots at goal my opponents are having, yet everytime they go up the park they score, afterwards i check the ratings of the player who's just scored the 35 yard screamer into the top corner for Falkirk that Ronaldo would be proud of to see his long range shooting is 3!!!! its doing my head in, lap top was nearly bounced off a wall last night in frustration!! I realise that every now and then you'll get a game where the underdog wins despite being outplayed for most of the game, but come on, its happening to me now every game!!!

This new patch has totally destroyed my tactics, was cruising with Rangers in my second season, installed the patch and fell from 1st place down to 5th in the Scottish Championship. My defenders are now horrendous, error prone shadow's of their former selfs. i'm dominating all my games with at least 60% possesion and having at least double the shots at goal my opponents are having, yet everytime they go up the park they score, afterwards i check the ratings of the player who's just scored the 35 yard screamer into the top corner for Falkirk that Ronaldo would be proud of to see his long range shooting is 3!!!! its doing my head in, lap top was nearly bounced off a wall last night in frustration!! I realise that every now and then you'll get a game where the underdog wins despite being outplayed for most of the game, but come on, its happening to me now every game!!!

Welcome to FM 2014 !

I had just created an awesome tactic about a week before the patch (without using a corner cheat) but the new patch seems to have destroyed it a little. Still dominating but not as many goals scored and a lot more conceded particularly from corners, free kicks and long punts up field. Frustrating because none of the tweaks im trying are working. No doubt as soon as ive cracked it and winning consistently again they'll release a new patch and ill be back to square one. I can definitely see why people get frustrated.

Just swithched on my FM to start my LTS as Utd and noticed alot of the player star ratings have changed!

On last patch Buttner 2* now 2.5*
Anderson 2* now 2.5*
James wilson 2.5* now 4*
Jese lingard 2.5* now 3*
Zaha 4* now 4.5*
Said janko 1* now 2*
Cleverly 3* now 4*
Pearson 2* now 3.5*
Sam j 2* now 3*
Welbeck 3.5* now 4.5*
Januzaj 4* now 5*
Fellaini 3* now 4.5*
Fabio 2.5* now 3.5*

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've had that on my everton save that some youngters turned into 5 star potentials again. I though it might have been my assistent that had some of his judging stats altered. guess its a little wider then :)

look i dont care what anyone says bout anybody moaning its fair to say we all pay hard earned money for this game and now the ******* thing is ruined totally distroyed my weekend as am not wasting my time and if theses creators (best not to say what i really think)dont deal with this soon anymore money on there products!!! i just feel like were all getting shaffed, we all come on theses forums to which is the best by the way share tactics comment and so on and so on get it in the neck from the missus when saying its last match AGAIN HAHA its just doing my head in..................... and the next patch is out???? by that time somebody will have made a half decent tactic then we start all over again n again n again and before we know it the new game is out!!! i hear these guys spend all year working on this game to fix bugs n **** well thats the least we expect we paid for it!!! also if thats a problem bring it out every 2 years and just patch updates of transfers but no wont happen cos they want there annual all us fans buy the game well next year not me dancing on ice with the kids here i come :(

Finally the game is playable :D Too bad translations problems were postponed to another patch.

My tactics seem to be completely unaffected. Different horses et cetera.