Unbelievable work. out of interest what sort of team instructions would you need to maximize this movement.

Unbelievable work. out of interest what sort of team instructions would you need to maximize this movement.

This isn't so much about creating a tactic, these are just small snippets of tactical instruction that you can fit into a tactic. Any team instructions in theory work equally well with them, though as with most attack-minded football manager instructions all of them are generally more effective when playing fluid, creative football.

Joe, take look at the amateur tacticians page and have a look at my modern 4-4-2, thats the kind of team instructions that would suit it, but that is just how I would do it, there are other ways as GC says. depending on your side, you might want to play with the level of team creative freedom

Trying to recreate the staggered midfield with barcelona. Team instuctions: attack

Im playing busquets as the destroyer - anchoman - defend, iniesta as the passer - MC - support and xavi as the creator - Adv. playmaker - attack.

But iniesta and xavi are still in line on the pitch, how do i get around this? when i look at iniesta and xavi in advanced setting both their mentalities are the same - should i lower this for iniesta? and how much?

Trying to recreate the staggered midfield with barcelona. Team instuctions: attack

Im playing busquets as the destroyer - anchoman - defend, iniesta as the passer - MC - support and xavi as the creator - Adv. playmaker - attack.

But iniesta and xavi are still in line on the pitch, how do i get around this? when i look at iniesta and xavi in advanced setting both their mentalities are the same - should i lower this for iniesta? and how much?

Try setting Xavi as DLP - Support and Iniesta as CM - Attack. This reflects their roles in real life. The thing with Adv. Playmakers is that they generally sit a little deeper than CM - Attacks due to their willingness to sit back and create rather than get into the box.

If you want to keep their roles the same, changing their mentalities. Lowering Iniesta's or making Xavi's higher should work.

Try setting Xavi as DLP - Support and Iniesta as CM - Attack. This reflects their roles in real life. The thing with Adv. Playmakers is that they generally sit a little deeper than CM - Attacks due to their willingness to sit back and create rather than get into the box.

If you want to keep their roles the same, changing their mentalities. Lowering Iniesta's or making Xavi's higher should work.

Ok thanks, i Will try it out.. I know that xavi is DLP in real life, just thought his stats fit well to adv. playmaker... So it wouldnt make any sense using Xavi as DLP - support and Iniesta as adv. Playmaker - attack (instead of CM attack)??

GC, what role does Cavani play in your Inside Fwd/Att Fullback tactic? I read somewhere that the forward in 4-5-1 should drop deeper in order to drag central defender out of their positions. I wonder how to get the best of Gignac in this tactic oO) (Valbuena/Remy AMR winger attack, Gameiro AML inside fwd attack, Lucho CM attack, Andre Ayew CM support, Kabore Anchorman)

Great guide!

Would the overlap work with a wing instead of the fullback?

Great guide ,but I have few things to ask if you don't mind :
1. What's the recommended width and tempo to play if I'm using the inside forward/wing back atk combo?? Wide/narrow or fast/slow?
2. I'm man city and my midfield consists of Barry,Hazard,Silva,Milner, De Jong, Yaya Toure,Vieira and what role should I use If I want to field the destroyer-passer-creator combo?

how would you implement the midfield three in a narrow diamond

Apologies for late replies.

GC, what role does Cavani play in your Inside Fwd/Att Fullback tactic? I read somewhere that the forward in 4-5-1 should drop deeper in order to drag central defender out of their positions. I wonder how to get the best of Gignac in this tactic oO) (Valbuena/Remy AMR winger attack, Gameiro AML inside fwd attack, Lucho CM attack, Andre Ayew CM support, Kabore Anchorman)

Cavani plays as a complete forward. His PPM, "Drops deep", allows him to pull defenders out of position. He's allowed to roam across the pitch finding gaps and exploiting them. Gignac is good enough all-round to play a similar role.

Great guide!

Would the overlap work with a wing instead of the fullback?

Wingback, you mean? Would work even better.

Is it possible to combine all three of them?

Yes, it is.

Great guide ,but I have few things to ask if you don't mind :
1. What's the recommended width and tempo to play if I'm using the inside forward/wing back atk combo?? Wide/narrow or fast/slow?
2. I'm man city and my midfield consists of Barry,Hazard,Silva,Milner, De Jong, Yaya Toure,Vieira and what role should I use If I want to field the destroyer-passer-creator combo?

1. Makes no difference, play it how you like.
2. De Jong - Anchor Man (destroyer), Toure - Box to Box (Modified passer, playing to his strengths, dynamic passer instead of static), Hazard - Attacking Playmaker - Attack (creator). Play Silva on the wing IMO.

Any downloadable versions of the tactic you are using for Napoli?

Not atm sorry. Might do that at some point.

how would you implement the midfield three in a narrow diamond

If it was a diamond it'd be a four, surely? I rarely use fours, and it depends on your personnel, but if I were to make a template:

-------- Adv. Playmaker - Att.
BWM - Support ----- DLP - Support
------------ Anchor Man

sorry know this is is like a month late but only just found this, I'm with arsenal with lfc marshal's latest patch and am trying to make the staggered midfield, obviously song would be the destroyer but where would wilshere be? and who should i sign to fill the third role (as replacement for fabregas)?

sorry know this is is like a month late but only just found this, I'm with arsenal with lfc marshal's latest patch and am trying to make the staggered midfield, obviously song would be the destroyer but where would wilshere be? and who should i sign to fill the third role (as replacement for fabregas)?

Wilshere would be the passer of the trio, definitely. As a replacement for Fabregas... well, there's lots of options around. Javier Pastore, Marek Hamsik, Dario Conca, and so on and so forth.

cheers, never heard of conca, he any good? probably go for hamsik because of pastore going to psg, unless i have a brainwave and think of someone else, thanks for the help thought id have to wait agees